Oasis at Port Everglades - taxi early in the morning

lablondie

Since the Oasis gets in at 6:15am, are there taxi's lined up outside early in the morning? I recently disembarked a ship at Port Canaveral and there were no taxi's outside at all, luckily i had a private car booked; but with FLL airport being so close to the port, I figure I will just hop in a taxi....... however will this prove difficult?

Thank you :)

Since the Oasis gets in at 6:15am, are there taxi's lined up outside early in the morning? I recently disembarked a ship at Port Canaveral and there were no taxi's outside at all, luckily i had a private car booked; but with FLL airport being so close to the port, I figure I will just hop in a taxi....... however will this prove difficult?

Yes, taxis are plentiful.

We did the self/disembark at 6:30 on the Allure and the Oasis. Turn LEFT out of the immigration building. Walk to the PARKING LOT. The taxi's will NOT be in front of the building. There are TONS of taxi's and shuttles lined up. You will have no problem at all

There will be plenty of taxi's.

We were a party of 3 with three suitcases and 3 carryons.

The attendant try to put us in a car.

NOT

We asked and got a minivan for the same cost.

It was only a 9 min. drive to the airport, but why be cramped.

Enjoy

Get what you want, you do not have to take the first cab wait for the minivan if needed.

Sea Ya

hank you Vancemi.Some people live to criticize.

Wasn't being critical. Answering the OP question. Perhaps deliver42 should have added that PC is different than PE therefore cabs are handled differently or more available. Comments about PC only confuse people.

Sorry if you find answering the original question and following up with a comment as criticism.

This is the ideal situation. However I've done a couple of cruises out of Port Everglades and the Port Authority would not let the taxis in until 8:40am. Happened to me twice.

The taxi line was beyond awful.

Ideally you get off the ship and get into a taxi. However it is still up to the Port Authority to let them in.

Sure hope they're letting them in after my Oasis cruise because I'm walking off that ship and going to FLL for a rental car! :-)

Edited by Rinderoo

We did the self/disembark at 6:30 on the Allure and the Oasis. Turn LEFT out of the immigration building. Walk to the PARKING LOT. The taxi's will NOT be in front of the building. There are TONS of taxi's and shuttles lined up. You will have no problem at all

Exactly, out the door and to the left of the bldg. As with everything else....leaving the port is very well organized. We have been off the ship and at the airport as early as 6:45AM.

Happy sailing

This is the ideal situation. However I've done a couple of cruises out of Port Everglades and the Port Authority would not let the taxis in until 8:40am. Happened to me twice.

The taxi line was beyond awful.

Ideally you get off the ship and get into a taxi. However it is still up to the Port Authority to let them in.

Sure hope they're letting them in after my Oasis cruise because I'm walking off that ship and going to FLL for a rental car! :-)

We usually get off ship at 9am and not end the cruise with stress.

So didn't know about that 8:40am policy. Thanks.

We usually get off ship at 9am and not end the cruise with stress.

So edidn't know about that 8:40am policy. Thanks.

Not a policy... but no one gets into the port until cleared. For an unknown reason the taxis couldn't get in until 840am on two of my cruises.

Typically you walk off and taxis are there, even at 7am.

Wasn't being critical. Answering the OP question. Perhaps deliver42 should have added that PC is different than PE therefore cabs are handled differently or more available. Comments about PC only confuse people.

Sorry if you find answering the original question and following up with a comment as criticism.

LOL! Because you didn't remember the original post and comment about PC you suggest how to respond to a post.......classic!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums