How similar is Regatta to Azamara Quest?

mafig

There's a thread on the Azamara board with pictures of the Quest .... I think it's been recently refurbished.

Everyone seems to like how she looks.

I don't. :(

I know that Quest and Regatta are very similar. Sister ships? Or close to it. However, in looking at the pictures, I especially don't like the one that shows the main dining room. Tables for two very close together. Low ceiling. The stairways look very 1950's.

How similar is the interior on Regatta to Quest?

Yes, they are sister ships. Regatta is the former R2 and Quest the former R7 of the now defunct Renaissance Cruises. Renaissance ceased operations right after 9/11. Renaissance built eight nearly identical ships between 1997 and 2001. General layouts are identical. Public rooms and speciality restaurants will have different names and possibly different table layouts between Oceania and Azamara. Oceania has stuck closer to the original country manor interior design, whereas Azamara has gone a bit more modern. I doubt ceiling heights are different in the main dining rooms, likely just perspective of the camera angles.

Joe

looking at the Quest photos I would say the decor is definately different than O ships

Some changes to the Lounge on Azamara compared to O

Oceania still have the dark wood in the main areas

I am sure someone who has been on both will comment further

You can view some of our photos from April on Regatta

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-d87cpq/i-Th3hrXH

Edited by LHT28

There's a thread on the Azamara board with pictures of the Quest .... I think it's been recently refurbished.

Everyone seems to like how she looks.

I don't. :(

I know that Quest and Regatta are very similar. Sister ships? Or close to it. However, in looking at the pictures, I especially don't like the one that shows the main dining room. Tables for two very close together. Low ceiling. The stairways look very 1950's.

How similar is the interior on Regatta to Quest?

Tables for two on the Oceania R ships are very close together as well.

Tables for two on the Oceania R ships are very close together as well.

There are some along the windows & in the centre that are not too close

You can ask for one of those but you may have to wait a bit if you are not there early ;)

Yes, they are sister ships. Regatta is the former R2 and Quest the former R7 of the now defunct Renaissance Cruises. Renaissance ceased operations right after 9/11. Renaissance built eight nearly identical ships between 1997 and 2001. General layouts are identical. Public rooms and speciality restaurants will have different names and possibly different table layouts between Oceania and Azamara. Oceania has stuck closer to the original country manor interior design, whereas Azamara has gone a bit more modern. I doubt ceiling heights are different in the main dining rooms, likely just perspective of the camera angles.

Joe

the big difference is Deck 8 where AZ does not have all PH cabins. plus AZ added two spa suites on deck 9 forward of the bathrooms. love those cabins. i think you pulled out that awful coffee bar and mode deck 5 more open. .plus you have more furniture in the piano bar area.

lastly your furniture is more to my taste. a bit modern. .no Mia went over the top and i hate it all. .the LR is the only furniture I like to sit in. never liked modern and i think Mia took away from it. also you can not move celings to lower or raise on the ship-cost would break a company.

the big difference is Deck 8 where AZ does not have all PH cabins. plus AZ added two spa suites on deck 9 forward of the bathrooms. love those cabins. i think you pulled out that awful coffee bar and mode deck 5 more open. .plus you have more furniture in the piano bar area.

lastly your furniture is more to my taste. a bit modern. .no Mia went over the top and i hate it all. .the LR is the only furniture I like to sit in. never liked modern and i think Mia took away from it. also you can not move celings to lower or raise on the ship-cost would break a company.

Mia = ?

i think you pulled out that awful coffee bar and mode deck 5 more open. .plus you have more furniture in the piano bar area.

Your post is confusing

who pulled out what coffee bar ??

Regatta did not have a coffee bar but they now use the bar outside the GDR during the day as Barristas a great use of the space IMO

We've been on several R class ships of both Oceania and AZ. Our definite preference is Oceania as their ships are tasteful, elegant and impeccably maintained. AZ ships always seemed worn and tired to us but we sailed them before "reimagination". By all accounts, their ships are lovely now. We'll see for ourselves next week when we board Quest.

As for dining, many 2-tops are close together but on Oceania they have several tables in the raised section of the GDR that are further apart. It's apparent from post-refurb photos that AZ doesn't have the same set-up in Discoveries Restaurant.

Mia = ?

Your post is confusing

who pulled out what coffee bar ??

Regatta did not have a coffee bar but they now use the bar outside the GDR during the day as Barristas a great use of the space IMO

mia =Miami as far as Azamara goes. Not confusing at all if you have sailed both lines. Azamara has a coffee bar in the middle of deck 5 at the top of the stairs on the port side. In the starboard side now a desk for the awful art they now sell per Mia which is RCl. Thought all R ships had them and. oceanis just pulled them out in a redo. Does Oceania have a fake fire place in their bar on deck 5. Seems in pictures I not notice it. The thread about comparing the ships. So I did

mia =Miami as far as Azamara goes. Not confusing at all if you have sailed both lines. Azamara has a coffee bar in the middle of deck 5 at the top of the stairs on the port side. In the starboard side now a desk for the awful art they now sell per Mia which is RCl. Thought all R ships had them and. oceanis just pulled them out in a redo. Does Oceania have a fake fire place in their bar on deck 5. Seems in pictures I not notice it. The thread about comparing the ships. So I did

well not everyone has cruised both lines

AFAIK Oceania never had a coffee bar on deck 5

I believe Aza add that when they got the ships from Pullmantur they also add some PH suites to deck 8

some of the later R ships did not have the PH suites on deck 8 unlike the one Oceania had acquired

Yes O has the fake fireplaces on deck 5 & in the library

Edited by LHT28

well not everyone has cruised both lines

AFAIK Oceania never had a coffee bar on deck 5

I believe Aza add that when they got the ships from Pullmantur they also add some PH suites to deck 8

some of the later R ships did not have the PH suites on deck 8 unlike the one Oceania had acquired

so it looks like AZ might of added them but each one is a little different set up. one ism ore help yourself to snacks the other serves you. .the way the bar was built.

I think the oceania way makes more sense -specially on a cold day. very hard to get a sit there.

Yes O has the fake fireplaces on deck 5 & in the library

wonder if just to hard to get them out. as the Princess ship i was on had them too.

Just to clarify a bit, the R6, R7 and R8 had ordinary veranda cabins on Deck 8. No penthouses at all. R1-R5 had the penthouses (which they called category B as I recall).

Mura

AZ calls these cabin CC's for club suites and you say PH and Princess called it a mini suite. I am trying to learn the correct names as the only Oceania cruise I have been on was Marina a few years ago.. I have been sailing AZ but will be on the Tahiti cruise this winter. my big concern is learning the right name fro the right space.

Many people switch lines as thy like the size ship. I am looking forward to Red Ginger again. i use to be cruiseline driven but starting to be port driven instead.

also in pictures it looks like you have more furniture to sit on in the piano bar at night.. AZ has some wasted space there and where our coffee bar is.

Thanks

Well, since this is an Oceania message board, I used the Oceania term ... but as I said, Renaissance who built the ships called Oceania's "penthouse" a "B". It was consistent -- the Deck 7 verandas were "C"s, and so on.

Each line has a right to call the cabin categories what they want to!

When I look at Azamara categories, it takes a bit of thinking for me to figure out how theirs relate to Oceania's.

Mujra

Well, since this is an Oceania message board, I used the Oceania term ... but as I said, Renaissance who built the ships called Oceania's "penthouse" a "B". It was consistent -- the Deck 7 verandas were "C"s, and so on.

Each line has a right to call the cabin categories what they want to!

When I look at Azamara categories, it takes a bit of thinking for me to figure out how theirs relate to Oceania's.

Mujra

I agree Mura

We are used to the O spaces & cabin categories but if you look at the deck plans of the other lines with R ships you can soon figure out what they call the public rooms & cabin cat ;)

After 6 years with Azamara i call cabins on deck 8 CC and all others with balconies .they have tons of price points and funny letters for me. .so i just relate the location to the deck. . i can see me calling the MDR by the wrong name and your buffet by the wrong name more than once.. as long as I know where I need to be for late Happy Hour i do not care. i did Princess in Tahiti on an R ship and now with Oceania on the same ship. so names will get mix up. I came from Princess and Celebrity so i have lots of names in my head.

After 6 years with Azamara i call cabins on deck 8 CC and all others with balconies .they have tons of price points and funny letters for me. .so i just relate the location to the deck. . i can see me calling the MDR by the wrong name and your buffet by the wrong name more than once.. as long as I know where I need to be for late Happy Hour i do not care. i did Princess in Tahiti on an R ship and now with Oceania on the same ship. so names will get mix up. I came from Princess and Celebrity so i have lots of names in my head.

If you're going to put it out there as a Post, then you have to be ready to stand by it.

I Post a great deal, but I've learned more from reading Cruise Critic, than I ever could have claimed to have contributed.

None of us know everything, but we can try!

Robin,

I doubt that many here are critical of you because you use the terms that are familiar to you. If there is a problem it would only be because we aren't sure to what you are referring. For example, if you say "veranda cabin" I immediately know what you mean. If you say "CC" I don't know what you mean. Well, perhaps I will in the future! If you use AZ's names for the restaurants, we may figure it out ... maybe.

Besides, since AZ put these "CC" cabins IN on Deck 8 since they were not originally on these three Renaissance ships, we don't know that they exactly compare. From the photo I saw last night it looks like they do, but not having sailed on AZ I can't be positive. I'm imagine (if not) they are close enough that it doesn't matter.

Mura

Hi Robin! I have been on both AZ Quest (2015) and Oceania (Nautica 2012 and Insignia 2015 ) and Princess (Tahitian Princess 2001 ?) and Princess (Royal). I love the ships -- especially the library. The casual dining area Ibuffet) on all of them is a bit crowded -- It bothered me more on Quest in that there seems to be less tables -- especially on one side. Actually I find them so close that I can't keep it straight in my head. I like the small size, the friendly folks and the great itineraries that the R ship allows and I will sail them whenever and wherever they are headed. My favorite cabins are actually oceanview for outside light and being small can pop out on the deck to see what I want to see. I like the Bulgari soaps much better than what was on AZ -- I happen to love the scent of white tea (when it doesn't make me sneeze that is).

\

Pure Oceania lovers or Azamara lovers will beg to differ I'm sure but I found I loved all my cruises on the R ships. Give me an interesting itinerary at the right price and I'll be there -- loving the R ship all over again.

(O gives you a huge amount of mail more than AZ! Wish less advertising (surely those mailed books/glossy pictures/sales folders/newsletters etc all mailed daily! must cost a great deal). Save that and do it once a month and I might open it actually. Better yet lower fares:D

You can just refer to them as the buffet or the dining room, lounge or show lounge I think most people will figure it out :D

You can just refer to them as the buffet or the dining room, lounge or show lounge I think most people will figure it out :D

:D:D:D thanks! might just do that. .as the late lounge i will get mix up with the buffet name from the other line.. just send to the martini bar and i will be happy.. all i drink from 5 or 6 on.

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some input from folks who've been on both the Sirena and either the Marina or Riviera.

A trite question - but how do the shops compare?

I've quite a bit of OBC on the Sirena and I'm assuming that since the passenger capacity is quite a bit smaller on the Sirena that the stores will be significantly smaller.

So, would appreciate any input. Thanks.

We were on Nautica in June/July. Our most recent cruises were all on Marina. (Going back to 2013)

I could be wrong -- no question about that! -- but I haven't felt that the shops were much smaller between Marina and Sirena.

Whether they will have available what you would be interested in buying ... that's something else!

I am willing to be corrected.

(By the way, the system decide to send my post before I was ready!)

Mura

Edited by Mura