Escape Balcony Guarantee Huge Price Drop

purpletequila

These promos are pretty expensive.

I paid $999 for a BX for a November cruise back in March.

Same category albeit with promos excluded is now $599.

There are tons of balconies still available. I've had my eye on a mid-ship since despite all of the availability, I was planted 5 or 6 cabins from the most forward cabin. I called. They won't move me.

Question.

Since I paid $999 and prices seem to be falling, with mid-ships currently at $1049, should I pay now? I'm worried they might drop below the $999 at which point I wouldn't be able to upgrade right?

Help, please!

What is the category of the room you were assigned, and how much does it cost right now? It was suggested on a recent thread that they somehow take into account how much of an upgrade you already got with the GTY assignment.

Yes, I'm dealing with this exact thing right now. I got a BX at $649 and now they're down to $399, but because I was "upgraded" to a BC, they're saying that they won't compensate me in any way for this massive price drop because I already received an upgrade. This is for the 9/17 Escape sailing and the prices just keep plummeting.

Yes, I'm dealing with this exact thing right now. I got a BX at $649 and now they're down to $399, but because I was "upgraded" to a BC, they're saying that they won't compensate me in any way for this massive price drop because I already received an upgrade. This is for the 9/17 Escape sailing and the prices just keep plummeting.

We are on same sailing. We booked a bf guarantee and were given a bb. Bf price dropped and bb increased. Took two phone calls but they gave us an onboard credit. It's 25% of the total reduction. We were ok with that. They did offer to move us, but we are kind of happy with our assignment. The ship still has a lot of vacancies.

Meanwhile while NCL can't fill their ships at any price just up the road in FLL Royal can fill the Oasis and allure week after week after week at SIGNIFICANTLY higher prices and little to nothing in the way of promos ....

NCL have a real image and brand problem to overcome and the price gouging from Del FEEo isn't helping! :eek:

What is the category of the room you were assigned, and how much does it cost right now? It was suggested on a recent thread that they somehow take into account how much of an upgrade you already got with the GTY assignment.

I was assigned a BE from a BX and it is currently the same as what I paid, $999.

Really? Hmmmm. Well I don't know how much an upgrade it is other than the deck because it is WAYYYYY forward. Believe me, I'm a seasoned cruiser, just new to NCL, so I knew the risk when I booked a BX although I booked BX because at the time,the other cats were insanely priced imo.

I don't know what I would expect in terms of compensation so to speak. I'm mainly wondering what happens with NCL if I wait a little longer, want to upgrade to a mid ship balcony or mini suite and either or both are priced below what I paid. Could I still do it? I don't know....

We are on same sailing. We booked a bf guarantee and were given a bb. Bf price dropped and bb increased. Took two phone calls but they gave us an onboard credit. It's 25% of the total reduction. We were ok with that. They did offer to move us, but we are kind of happy with our assignment. The ship still has a lot of vacancies.

Can you translate that to English and/or dumb it down for me? NCL newbie here and if there is a possibility for an onboard credit, I'd love to figure out how to get that.

And there are a ton of balconies open on my cruise....even the angled ones are still there.

Really? Hmmmm. Well I don't know how much an upgrade it is other than the deck because it is WAYYYYY forward. Believe me, I'm a seasoned cruiser, just new to NCL, so I knew the risk when I booked a BX although I booked BX because at the time,the other cats were insanely priced imo.

I don't know what I would expect in terms of compensation so to speak. I'm mainly wondering what happens with NCL if I wait a little longer, want to upgrade to a mid ship balcony or mini suite and either or both are priced below what I paid. Could I still do it? I don't know....

Usually when prices drop after final payment, cruise lines are willing to provide onboard credit for the difference, so given that I spent about 30% more than what they're currently asking for that same category, it is a little frustrating that they're not willing to do anything there, and they won't convert it to a BF which is priced at the amount I paid (and includes the Free At Sea promotions) because they consider it a downgrade from the BC I was assigned.

If you have a BX, unless the balcony you want to upgrade to is a higher category than what you were assigned, they won't move you, even if the price is lower. For a mini suite though, that they will upgrade you to if you request it and it's priced below what you spent.

Ok question for you experts. We booked a BE balcony last month. The Price has dropped about $100 pp. Is there a chance NCL would give us some on board credit or a 3rd free at sea item or cabin upgrade? If so do we call NCL or have our travel agent call?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok question for you experts. We booked a BE balcony last month. The Price has dropped about $100 pp. Is there a chance NCL would give us some on board credit or a 3rd free at sea item or cabin upgrade? If so do we call NCL or have our travel agent call?

You did not say when you were cruising, advice is difficult.

Here is what I believe based on my experience: If it is before final payment, just cancel and rebook at the lower rate if the promo you have is still available. If it is after final payment, they may offer an upgrade if you ask.

I have never been able to upgrade from a bx, ox, ix after assignment if the assignment was higher, however, I have been able to upgrade from the assigned cabin level if I paid a bit more.

If you booked through a TA, NCL reps will not speak to you about your reservation. You have to go through your TA. I booked my next cruise with a TA, which is unusual for me. Just last week, she canceled and rebooked my cruise for a lower price. No problem.

Cruising oct 1. Final payment has been made.

Then contact your travel agent in the morning about what can be done. You may get an upgrade or a really good upgrade if you are willing to pay a bit more. It never hurts to ask. Some people say they have received OBC, but I never have, so don't expect that, but, again, it does not hurt to ask. It's after final payment, so NCL doesn't really have to do anything. Hopefully, you have a good travel agent willing to make the call.

Can you translate that to English and/or dumb it down for me? NCL newbie here and if there is a possibility for an onboard credit, I'd love to figure out how to get that.

And there are a ton of balconies open on my cruise....even the angled ones are still there.

The nitty gritty: paid $799 per person. Price dropped to $649. $75 obc

Usually when prices drop after final payment, cruise lines are willing to provide onboard credit for the difference, so given that I spent about 30% more than what they're currently asking for that same category, it is a little frustrating that they're not willing to do anything there, and they won't convert it to a BF which is priced at the amount I paid (and includes the Free At Sea promotions) because they consider it a downgrade from the BC I was assigned.

If you have a BX, unless the balcony you want to upgrade to is a higher category than what you were assigned, they won't move you, even if the price is lower. For a mini suite though, that they will upgrade you to if you request it and it's priced below what you spent.

NCL doesn't provide OBC for price drops after final payment, all they will do is move you, and if they move you, they do not give you the perks that go with the new cabin, all you get is a different cabin.

Edited by zqvol

Meanwhile while NCL can't fill their ships at any price just up the road in FLL Royal can fill the Oasis and allure week after week after week at SIGNIFICANTLY higher prices and little to nothing in the way of promos ....

NCL have a real image and brand problem to overcome and the price gouging from Del FEEo isn't helping! :eek:

Poor DEl FEEo.

Last weeks Bermuda cruise Sold for $399

And Canada / N.E. just dropped to $399 Too.

He may not like discount Cruisers , But he needs us NOW.

Cruising oct 1. Final payment has been made.

We were able to upgrade to a Spa Balcony after final payment for $248.00. Kept our promo's but now have thermal spa privileges, which would have cost us 398.00 + 18% .

We were happy paying the extra.

I'm going to call this morning. I called my TA yesterday and didn't hear back. I'm solo in a GTY Balcony. No assignment yet *sailing Oct 8. No perks with the gty, and I'd really like to have the drink package or something. The price is down from $899 to $674 this morning. I'll let you know if I get anything.

I'm going to call this morning. I called my TA yesterday and didn't hear back. I'm solo in a GTY Balcony. No assignment yet *sailing Oct 8. No perks with the gty, and I'd really like to have the drink package or something. The price is down from $899 to $674 this morning. I'll let you know if I get anything.

Very friendly agent told me that I have to call my TA. More to come.

NCL doesn't provide OBC for price drops after final payment, all they will do is move you, and if they move you, they do not give you the perks that go with the new cabin, all you get is a different cabin.

Not true - I just upgraded from a studio cabin to a BA balcony for $12 and I got an extra perk. My studio came with one perk and the balcony came with two.

Or they would have given me $40 OBC

On cruise fish it shows this weeks (saturdays) escape with 73% cabins left. Is this really accurate?
No, it's not. They are saying that 73% of the categories are still available for booking (i.e. there is at least one cabin available, or the category is still open for GTY booking). There are around 45 categories on the Escape, so all they are saying is that 12 of them are totally sold out. The only way to tell how many cabins are available is to inquire about all of the other categories one by one. There could be anywhere from about 30 cabins (one in each of the open categories) to hundreds of cabins (if all of the available categories are still wide open).

What if you booked under a different promo than what is currently offered? Like I booked under the promo with free speciality dining and free 250 minutes internet. I didn't actually want either one of those thing and now the promo with free gratuity and free 3rd and 4th cruiser is a better deal. Since I'm past my final payment date, would I get a credit but lose my original offers?

Edited to say that I booked through an online TA and they are terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by StephRefreshmentsNarcotic