Any issues on the Jade?

ilovetotravel1977

I know cruisers have commented on the Dawn's plumbing issues pre- and post-dry dock. Has anyone had any issues like this on the Jade recently?

I'm strongly considering the Jade post-dry dock in April, but I don't want to end up on a ship that is beautiful to the eye, yet masking any ongoing issues, like plumbing (yuck!)

Thanks for any input.

I know cruisers have commented on the Dawn's plumbing issues pre- and post-dry dock. Has anyone had any issues like this on the Jade recently?

I'm strongly considering the Jade post-dry dock in April, but I don't want to end up on a ship that is beautiful to the eye, yet masking any ongoing issues, like plumbing (yuck!)

Thanks for any input.

We were on the Jade last April for 23 days, Western Caribbean, then Transatlantic. There were no plumbing problems then that I'm aware of.

We will be aboard her again next month for the return transatlantic.

However, I wouldn't book the first cruise after any drydock since sometimes work is still being done aboard or there are glitches to fix.

The Dawn has had plumbing issues over the years and I was surprised to see mention of it after the refurb. I hadn't heard of many plumbing issues the couple years prior though.

I haven't read too much negative about the Jade other than it still has much of the Hawaiian theme/carpets/colors which will change in drydock.

We were on the POA after drydock this past March and we had a few issues but I'd say most of those were caused by a combination of NCL trying to do too much in a short time frame and they had a lot of rain in SFO. I think the Jade drydock is longer. The Dawn's drydock got extended a week or two so they cancelled ahead of time some of the early June sailing(s). The POA looked really nice after the drydock and what I've seen of the Epic and Dawn those both look really nice too.

I wouldn't have any issue sailing on the Jade and if the price is right, I may do so yet this year.

• 4 weeks later...

As we just booked the 4/30 transatlantic, am thrilled to just now read of the dry dock. Dawn's renovations are fabulous and we did not witness a single toilet issue in our 14 days onboard. There was an under-floor plumbing issue in O'Sheehans that engineers were addressing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As we just booked the 4/30 transatlantic, am thrilled to just now read of the dry dock...

We were on the PoA post dry dock sailing in March of this year as was Dexddd. There were some problems due to the short dry dock and San Fran rain as Dexddd pointed out...but...the crew were just great making sure that passengers were not inconvenienced too much and that they had a good time - which we did. Planning to be on the April 2017 transAtlantic. There are a number of cruises after the Jade dry dock and before the transAtlantic so most (hopefully) of the difficulties left over will have been fixed. See ya then...