table for two

herewego

Easy to get, you can e-mail the dining e-mail address (I'm sure someone will post it) 2-3 weeks out and make the request.

One warning: the two tops are often so close together, you are basically at a table with others. It is in no way private!

Great ~ I knew someone who sailed on RCCL who said they kept trying to place them at the large tables.

We are not actually unsocial but we work in very social fields and look forward to spending time alone, together, when cruising.

Unless we're sailing with extended family we always opt for a table for two....we've had no problem with the MTD option (on several RCI ships) of walking up each night and no more than a minute or two wait...for our preferred dining time of around 6:00-7:00pm (we don't care to reserve a specific time as we like the option and flexibility of timing and a variety of server's and location each night)...Once we know where the 2-tops are (we scope these areas out once onboard so we know the options available) we request certain areas (tables) that aren't right next to each other (hate those)...so we ask for at least ones by a wall, window or railing with space in between...it's worked well for us...hopefully for you too..

We have cruise since 2003 and have always asked, (mind you--asked) for a table for two in the MDR and have always had one. It's not that we're snobs but, we just like to have some private dinning time. On our last cruise, we did have a table for two by a window BUT...there was a young lady on a table next to us that would not shut up. Yack, yack, yack, very disturbing. On the way out, I asked to have our table change and the next night we had another table for two away from the chatterbox. So, be polite, ask and you will be successful.;)

We observed many small tables around the railing on our recent Allure sailing.

We did not know that some of the tables are re-arranged from cruise to cruise to meet the needs of the passengers. So table numbers from one sailing could be different on the next, but in close proximity.

There were 2 seated to 4 seated around the railing.

And for the big quincentera we saw a table for 24 as you entered.

Now I thought there was a limit to seats, but quickly learned.....not.

They had a blast, loud, and a blast.

Sea Ya