Bye Bye Lobsters

BirdTravels

Another incorrect post. Read what you posted:

"Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge"

I was on the Breakaway last Nov in an Oceanview room and ordered the morning continental breakfast of coffee and pastries and was not charged anything, NCL was just starting to charge $7.95 convenience fee for roomservice on menu items. Their site was confusing on that and mentioned that the fee was only late hours. I never ordered during those hours. I think the NCL site does say the convenience charge is a few more dollars for Haven and suite travelers. They don't sweat it as their cruise is four times what I pay anyway. Spending $8000 on a cruise why would they even be concerned with a $10 roomservice fee?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Ok just called NCL to clarify. Room service is free for suite and haven guests. So the wording on their website is wrong saying haven guests. It should say free fror suite and haven guests.

You never know if the reps at NCL know what they are talking about. A few I talked with before my last cruise had never been on a cruise! One said that their boss was just going on a cruise to pass along what he learns. One had to call other reps to get an answer.

I was on the Breakaway last Nov in an Oceanview room and ordered the morning continental breakfast of coffee and pastries and was not charged anything, NCL was just starting to charge $7.95 convenience fee for roomservice on menu items. Their site was confusing on that and mentioned that the fee was only late hours. I never ordered during those hours. I think the NCL site does say the convenience charge is a few more dollars for Haven and suite travelers. They don't sweat it as their cruise is four times what I pay anyway. Spending $8000 on a cruise why would they even be concerned with a $10 roomservice fee?

Continental breakfast room service is free for everyone. Current free room service card includes fresh fruits (seasonal melon, fruit compote, sliced fresh fruit, banana), yogurts (plain, nonfat, blueberry, strawberry, peach, mixed fruit), cold cereals (raisin bran, rice crispy, corn flake, all bran, fruit loops), juices (orange, tomato, grapefruit), drinks (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk), muffins, croissants, cinnamon rolls, fruit Danish

Limited hot breakfast items are available for non-suites for a delivery charge.

Suites and Havens can order whatever they want for breakfast from the MDR or Suites restaurant without service charge. It is delivered by your butler who brings white tablecloth for your table. For example eggs over easy, filet steak, bacon, ham, grilled tomato, mushrooms, hash brown, with a Diet Pepsi.

f0646d414e9afa148baaf9b316112902.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

Do you really need to get lobsters on a cruise ship? Come on, there are plenty of other things in the world to worry about.

It's greed like when they can't charge more for a product so they reduce the size. Taking away something expected and still charging for it IS greed. Missing a port visit due to weather is not the same as choosing not to serve an item that many cruisers expect on their prepaid cruises.

Nothing a few red pepper flakes couldn't have remedied !!!

It's greed like when they can't charge more for a product so they reduce the size. Taking away something expected and still charging for it IS greed. Missing a port visit due to weather is not the same as choosing not to serve an item that many cruisers expect on their prepaid cruises.

Not greed. Smart business.

NCL has made tremendous improvements with the menus in the dining rooms over the past few years. For example, lunch menus have replaced chicken fingers with poached salmon. Chips with scallops.

It's like watching political commercials where people take things out of context, without talking about the big picture. They try to sell you on their point of view based on incomplete facts,,, because the truth does not substantiate their claim. Sad.

NCL has made tremendous improvements with the menus in the dining rooms over the past few years. For example, lunch menus have replaced chicken fingers with poached salmon. Chips with scallops.

It's like watching political commercials where people take things out of context, without talking about the big picture. They try to sell you on their point of view based on incomplete facts,,, because the truth does not substantiate their claim. Sad.

:

You're also the one who said that Margaritaville is fine dining.

Edited by janpo

... said that Margaritaville is fine dining.

Post of the morning, you almost got me to spill my morning coffee all over my keyboard. ;) :D :p

As I am reading spam email, NCL marketing at it again - "Drinks Are On Us! Feel Free To Drink Like A Fish. Bahamas Cruises. 3 & 4-Day Sailings From Miami Year-Round. From $30* Per Day. "

One can't help but to re-think that upscale expectations ... on, who to do smart business with.

Smart business ??? Does that explain why NCL is slashing rates and their stock price is declining ???

Maybe they should go back to being dumb !!!

Post of the morning, you almost got me to spill my morning coffee all over my keyboard. ;) :D :p

As I am reading spam email, NCL marketing at it again - "Drinks Are On Us! Feel Free To Drink Like A Fish. Bahamas Cruises. 3 & 4-Day Sailings From Miami Year-Round. From $30* Per Day. "

One can't help but to re-think that upscale expectations ... on, who to do smart business with.

I got the same email along with 4 more every day.

Exactly. Sounds more and more like Carnival!

As I am reading spam email, NCL marketing at it again - "Drinks Are On Us! Feel Free To Drink Like A Fish. Bahamas Cruises. 3 & 4-Day Sailings From Miami Year-Round. From $30* Per Day.

Exactly. Sounds more and more like Carnival!
Not really.....Carnival has never included their Cheers drinks package in any kind of promotion. All they do is charge 29.00 less per person (50 vs 79) than NCL for a package that includes bottled water, espresso based drinks, all non alcoholic beverages including energy drinks and milkshakes and there is a ceiling of 50.00 per drink.

Not really.....Carnival has never included their Cheers drinks package in any kind of promotion. All they do is charge 29.00 less per person (50 vs 79) than NCL for a package that includes bottled water, espresso based drinks, all non alcoholic beverages including energy drinks and milkshakes and there is a ceiling of 50.00 per drink.

A ceiling of $50 per drink?

The $7.95 was a good idea. Probably stops a lot of food being wasted. Some people just like to stay in their room and strap on the feedbag all day. Maybe the $7.95 will help control that.

I noticed fewer trays loaded with leftover food, on corridor floors. Either fewer guests are ordering, or cabin stewards are collecting them faster.j

The trays are messy, and could be dangerous if someone trips over one.

A ceiling of $50 per drink?
Yes....there are some high end wines and cognacs that are close to that and it's all covered up to 50, unlike the 15 ceiling that NCL has. If you are a heavy drinker though, the downside is that you're only allowed 15 alcoholic drinks per day. But I would love to see someone try to drink 15 Fosters Oil Cans or 15 properly made Long Island Iced Teas. ;)

Not really.....Carnival has never included their Cheers drinks package in any kind of promotion ...

$30 a day is for the base cruise price, per person for 4 nights out of Miami, FL on the NCL Sky - not about drink packages. Basic fares are now cheaper than staying at a Comfort Inn or HoJo Express, on select dates - pack & go. Can't fault NCL for stopping lobsters from boarding, LOL.

Has little to do directly with the competition, I think. So much for not discounting and aiming upscale.

screenshot below >>>

b8d07b0788a1022f9d101d2701a6f1b6.jpg

248184a37c31482ba6be6b8e866fc7b7.jpg

sent via Nexus 5X with 7.0 Nougat via Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

Continental breakfast room service is free for everyone. Current free room service card includes fresh fruits (seasonal melon, fruit compote, sliced fresh fruit, banana), yogurts (plain, nonfat, blueberry, strawberry, peach, mixed fruit), cold cereals (raisin bran, rice crispy, corn flake, all bran, fruit loops), juices (orange, tomato, grapefruit), drinks (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk), muffins, croissants, cinnamon rolls, fruit Danish ...

Although fruit and yogurt are evidently included in continental breakfast on Escape and maybe the other mega ships they are NOT included on Jewel, Jade and probably the other smaller ships. Those are limited to coffee/tea, juice and pastries/muffins.

You're kidding, right?

Of course not. I live on the seacoast with tanks of live lobster in all the grocery stores. What on earth would anybody want a frozen lobster? Hence, the part you left out about quality vacuum sealed frozen lobster.

Edited by NH Cruisers

They don't sweat it as their cruise is four times what I pay anyway. Spending $8000 on a cruise why would they even be concerned with a $10 roomservice fee?

Our Haven suite for two is costing just a tick over $4,000 for two of us included in fare is Spa Package, Use of Haven Courtyard and Restaurant, UBP, 4 nights specialty, gratuities, Wi-Fi, and taxes and port fees. I am quite happy about not needing to pay a $10 room service fee. So I pay 2 times what you pay.