Loyal to royal cruises azamara

graciekelli

If you are interested in taking it up a notch, check out my review on Azamara forum. We are diamond on RCC and took advantage of our diamond perks on azamara this summer for a very special anniversary and birthday cruise.

Disclosure: please excuse my horrible picture posting. I am really having a hard time posting big pictures you all can enjoy.

On azamara forum Titled:

Our azamazing baltic cruise 7/22/16 by: graciekelli

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been reading it over on the Azamara boards - really fun to see London through someone else's eyes and looking forward to the next bit, where you actually board the ship.

I've also been a loyal RC cruiser (D+), have take quite a few Celebrity cruises and am about to take my third Azamara cruise in a couple of days time, with 2 more already booked. I love so much about Azamara and would cruise with them more at the right price. The unique ports (which can only be visited by smaller ships) and long stays in port are particularly appealing - and the food is WAY better than RC.

Ok, I am back. LOL LOL LOL. I have spent YEARS here trying to figure out how to post pics. Finally learned a couple of weeks ago. I had to laugh...that there is someone out there worse than ME...LOL. Thank you for the (really and truly) great pics and review!!!!!:):):)

Ok, I am back. LOL LOL LOL. I have spent YEARS here trying to figure out how to post pics. Finally learned a couple of weeks ago. I had to laugh...that there is someone out there worse than ME...LOL. Thank you for the (really and truly) great pics and review!!!!!:):):)

I know right. It almost makes me not want to post any pics but I know having the pics adds to the review. Why can't cruise critic make this an easy process???

If they did the Caribbean I would consider it, but since they are only in Europe, probably not going to happen. and at the price for it, even if they do the Caribbean, probably not going to happen

errrm I'm on an 11 night cruise in the Caribbean with them in March :confused: By all means rule them out price-wise if it's outside your budget, but they have a ship in the Caribbean for many months of the year

If they did the Caribbean I would consider it, but since they are only in Europe, probably not going to happen. and at the price for it, even if they do the Caribbean, probably not going to happen

Not true they do have some cruises in the Caribbean. But just a few.

errrm I'm on an 11 night cruise in the Caribbean with them in March :confused: By all means rule them out price-wise if it's outside your budget, but they have a ship in the Caribbean for many months of the year

Yes they do. We were thinking about a Caribbean one but decided on taking our first trip with azamara to the north Baltic In all reality I thought azamara's price was very competitive for what you are getting.

Does our Rccl status mean anything on azamara ?

Yes. You don't get a lot of things because a lot is included. But check out their website and they will show you the reciprocal benefits. We took advantage of the free laundry bag (remember it was really hot in London). That little bag - 7fb0a2e5b06e11b2cdaf04cdc6005302.jpg fit all of Bobbys shirts and everything I wanted washed. It came back beautifully pressed. I was very happy.

Okay just so all you RC cruisers will know., both of azamara's ships had a dramatic renovation this year. There was a lot of discussion about the carpet. I know. In pictures it looks weird. Kind of like dirt thrown on the carpet. Many, many comments. I can assure all of you that it looks better in person. It is very artistic. It is nice in person. Please don't freak out with how it looks in the pictures.

Okay just so all you RC cruisers will know., both of azamara's ships had a dramatic renovation this year. There was a lot of discussion about the carpet. I know. In pictures it looks weird. Kind of like dirt thrown on the carpet. Many, many comments. I can assure all of you that it looks better in person. It is very artistic. It is nice in person. Please don't freak out with how it looks in the pictures.

Glad you mentioned this, I was thinking something had spilled on the carpet.

I thought you all should see a comparison to see that the price really is great for what you are getting. I checked a similarly priced 12 day northern Baltic cruise on RCC a balcony cabin that I originally booked on azamara was priced at 7049 per both of us for everything- taxes, port etc. vs. today's RCC price for a balcony room at $6,178 that is a difference of $871.

Let's just forget that I was offered an upgrade for 398. Cause it was an option. I don't think it would be fare to compare the azamara deal with a RCC non-deal

So back to the pice difference. For $871 you get all alcohol beverages (as long as you are happy with the standard level. If you are into high end, then your going to have to pay more.). You also get all tips included. On a 12 day cruise with RCC that equates to $324. I am not adding those additional tips that you give to servers on the cruise as those are optional. Now I have not even touched on quality of food. Or service. Truly food is totally way above what RCC offers. (Excluding specialty resistants). Service-- RCC has excellent service from all staff. But azamara is a step up. I can't explain it but somehow you feel just that much special. Do for those of you who are concerned with price all I can say is compare. You may find that the price is not out of reach.