Concierge vs Sky

charlielinda

There are many differences. A Sky Suite is 300 sq. ft. A Concierge cabin is 195 sq. ft. Sky Suites have bathtubs, additional closet space, additional drawer space. Also with a Sky Suite, you will have a designated Dining room, and Michael'sClub for drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. Wondering if we should upgrade to Sky? What are the added benefits? Tiring to decide how much it would be worth. Does anyone know the square foot difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's not really about the square footage. In a suite, you'll have a butler, Luminae dining, and Michaels Club ( with the MC concierge). Being in a suite is a totally different cruise experience. I say if you can afford it, do it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A Conciegre cabin is the same size, layout as a standard veranda with a few perks that are mainly marketing hype. There is no comparison between the two. Conciegre: MDR, so-so afternoon canapés, priority check-in(may or may not be faster), lunch in the MDR on embarkation day.

Suite: dedicated restaurant-Luminae (wonderful), Michaels Club-available all day, drinks, Conciegre, Butler who takes care of things you didn't know you needed, larger cabin, larger balcony.

Almost like comparing a Sheraton hotel to a Four Seasons, Fairmont, Pan Pacific.

We did a B2B2B

first in Aqua - which we liked eating in Blu. second in a Sky Suite - nice bathroom with tub, larger layout with room to spread out. Everyone loves Luminae, but we did not - food was okay, but both times we ate in there the serve was slow. So we went back to Blu, which as a suite guest you can eat there too. Michaels Club is a nice place to go and have a quite drink

third leg was in Veranda.

If price was right I would go suite all the way. Then Aqua, and finally Veranda. Unfortunately we are retired and watching pennies, so Veranda is the highest we go unless they drop the price on the other cabins.

We traveled on Summit this past spring in a Sky suite and it was fantastic. Now we are spoiled. We had a wonderful experience at Luminae for each meal and didn't take advantage enough of Michaels Club. Which is why we are back on Summit in November 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Some mentions above that concierge is same size as regular balcony which is true on S class ships, but on the M class, they are bigger and to a lesser degree, the balconies are bigger too. We find them to always be in a more desirable location - closer to the pools, buffet, etc. Like real estate, there is value in location, location, location.