Help with Caribbean Princess - Inside Cabin?

canadarocks

We're currently booked in P331 on the Caribbean Princess. We had a Plaza deck inside cabin on the Emerald that was very close to the International Cafe that we loved. But I've just spent some time searching here and P331 on the CB does NOT seem to be good choice after all. :(

Should we switch cabins? Our cruise is a long way off and there are lots of cabins still available. If yes, where do you recommend? I've read that a Riviera Deck cabin close to the Terrace Pool is a "hidden gem", but I'd love any advice anyone can give me!

We're currently booked in P331 on the Caribbean Princess. We had a Plaza deck inside cabin on the Emerald that was very close to the International Cafe that we loved. But I've just spent some time searching here and P331 on the CB does NOT seem to be good choice after all. :(

Should we switch cabins? Our cruise is a long way off and there are lots of cabins still available. If yes, where do you recommend? I've read that a Riviera Deck cabin close to the Terrace Pool is a "hidden gem", but I'd love any advice anyone can give me!

We stayed at P326 on the CB. Same area as P331, just opposite side. We didn't have any problem.

May I know the reason why it's not a good choice? Though I'm not saying it's better than the others.

I've read that a Riviera Deck cabin close to the Terrace Pool is a "hidden gem", but I'd love any advice anyone can give me!

Shhh!! You're not supposed to tell everyone. :eek:

Best cabins on the ship when you book an inside. A short walk down the hall, out the door, up a short flight of stairs and your at the Terrace pool. Up another flight of stairs and you're at the Outrigger bar, through the doors and you're in the buffet. We book there whenever possible.

Hi Canadarocks!

Do not book the cabins that accommodate 4 passengers if there are only two of you. Our new preferred cabin is R741 or the same one on the port side. R737 is fine if it's not a Christmas or Spring Break cruise; otherwise, there will likely be four people in that last cabin that accommodates four people and you might hear banging against the walls as the upper bunk people settle in.

We used to advise against the very last cabin (R747?) because the back door to the Terrace Deck would slam shut but they seem to be adjusted much better now.

It's our favorite cabin location in warm weather cruises; for cold weather cruises I like Plaza Deck.

Hi Canadarocks!

Do not book the cabins that accommodate 4 passengers if there are only two of you.

I should have mentioned that! The other reason to avoid the 4 passenger cabins is that the bunks are in the way. They stick out from the side walls about 4" and if you want a queen bed...when you get in bed you'll bang your head unless you're very careful or 3 feet tall.

We stayed at P326 on the CB. Same area as P331, just opposite side. We didn't have any problem.

May I know the reason why it's not a good choice? Though I'm not saying it's better than the others.

I read a few reviews about very noisy nights (in P331 specifically). Glad you had no problems in 322 though. :)

Edited by canadarocks

Hi Canadarocks!

Do not book the cabins that accommodate 4 passengers if there are only two of you. Our new preferred cabin is R741 or the same one on the port side. R737 is fine if it's not a Christmas or Spring Break cruise; otherwise, there will likely be four people in that last cabin that accommodates four people and you might hear banging against the walls as the upper bunk people settle in.

We used to advise against the very last cabin (R747?) because the back door to the Terrace Deck would slam shut but they seem to be adjusted much better now.

It's our favorite cabin location in warm weather cruises; for cold weather cruises I like Plaza Deck.

Haha - agreed, I have to race you to get R741 on the cruises we book! This fall you forced me to the opposite side, then cancelled. Can't wait to see where you are headed now!

Haha - agreed, I have to race you to get R741 on the cruises we book! This fall you forced me to the opposite side, then cancelled. Can't wait to see where you are headed now!

You should have no more trouble with R741 this year, and maybe not even next year! ;) BTW I book cruises the very minute they become available 16-20 months in advance. It is a very popular area...gotta move fast!!

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

I got 737. :D There are just two of us and it was the last one available in that section (the 4s are still open). Since we don't sail until 2018, it goes to show you how popular that area is!

Thanks everyone!

I spent 15 nights in that cabin last year with no problems. The bed is very comfy and the location is great. The people next door used the pull down bed for a 4 year old child and we never heard it or hardly heard her at all.

Its very close to the terrace pool so you" almost" feel like you've got your own balcony :)

We booked R514 it's a sideway cabin and it's a lot bigger then a regular inside cabin. We loved it. If we book inside we always look for the sideway cabins first

because of that cabin.

Tony

On the Caribbean Princess this cabin is directly below the pool. Did you encounter any noise...either from the pool equipment or any other Lido deck activity?

I've read that a Riviera Deck cabin close to the Terrace Pool is a "hidden gem", but I'd love any advice anyone can give me!

We were in R728 on the Emerald and felt a lot of vibration during our cruise which would probably keep me from booking this cabin again. Occasionally we could hear some sounds from the Cafe Caribe right above, but it wasn't too bad.

One other negative...the designated smoking area was right by the door leading from the cabin hallway to the Terrace Pool area (not sure if this would be the same area on other ships or not). The smoke was so bad that we gave up going this route to the buffet and used the indoor stairs instead.

It was nice being close to the Terrace Pool and the buffet, but it was a LONG walk from anyplace else on the ship.

I spent 15 nights in that cabin last year with no problems. The bed is very comfy and the location is great. The people next door used the pull down bed for a 4 year old child and we never heard it or hardly heard her at all.

Its very close to the terrace pool so you" almost" feel like you've got your own balcony :)

Thank you SO much for your post! :D

One other negative...the designated smoking area was right by the door leading from the cabin hallway to the Terrace Pool area (not sure if this would be the same area on other ships or not). The smoke was so bad that we gave up going this route to the buffet and used the indoor stairs instead.

Does anyone know about the smoking area on the Caribbean Princess? :eek:

Luckytogo-How do I find cabins that are sideways? We're sailing on the Caribbean next Sept. for 27 days. A roomier inside cabin would be nice. Thanks.

On the Caribbean Princess there's only 6 inside cabins that are sideway R514,515,508,

507,R403 and R403. The cabins are bigger then a regular inside cabin.

Don't tell anyone I might want to book one again :) :)

Good Luck and have a Great cruise,

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

On the Caribbean Princess there's only 6 inside cabins that are sideway R514,515,508,

507,R403 and R403. The cabins are bigger then a regular inside cabin.

Don't tell anyone I might want to book one again :) :)

Good Luck and have a Great cruise,

Tony

Hi Tony,

I am considering one of these sideways cabins on the Caribbean Princess. Looking at the deck plans I see that the pool and deck area is directly above the room. I think this might be the location for various night time parties and specifically the band. Did you notice any noise or music from above?

Thanks

Hi Tony,

I am considering one of these sideways cabins on the Caribbean Princess. Looking at the deck plans I see that the pool and deck area is directly above the room. I think this might be the location for various night time parties and specifically the band. Did you notice any noise or music from above?

Thanks

My wife and I never did. But if there was a party I was probably there.

ps If you want to make sure of no noise a would book a cabin on the Craibe or Baja deck. Only cabins above you

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

My wife and I never did. But if there was a party I was probably there.

ps If you want to make sure of no noise a would book a cabin on the Craibe or Baja deck. Only cabins above you

Tony

Thanks for the information Tony. Three of the cabins are available, so I am changing to R515. I have liked the sideways inside cabins on the Royal, but as you said these are larger! :)

A couple of years ago I book on of the Plaza deck cabins. We were upgraded to a room on Baja. I'm glad we were. We were in the Western Caribbean and the ship was a rockin and a rollin...We were down on the plaza deck in the Atruim on night and we could hear the stabilizers being deployed. Boy, what a racket! I thought if that went on all night, that Plaza deck cabin would have been hell....With the upgrade, we were far above the noise.

As for the rolling, we hit some good wave action. My nightstand drawers kept opening on the port roll. I would push them closed on the starboard roll and they would slide open again when she rolled to port. I finally gave up.

Then, in the middle of the night, it felt like we were on an elevator. We went UPPPPP and DOWNNNN. I tried to figure out where level was in all that, but I was never sure. Eventually, the elevator quit and I went back to sleep.....

Thanks for the information Tony. Three of the cabins are available, so I am changing to R515. I have liked the sideways inside cabins on the Royal, but as you said these are larger! :)

Gordon, I am happy that I helped!! Now all you have to do is have a GREAT CRUISE and like the cabin. :) :)

Tony