Buying a massage online or in the cruise?

mcatmcat

Hello everyone [emoji18]

We never book[emoji957] a massage in a cruise but I want to give my GF a surprise [emoji322]and buy one for her. Since I have 0 experience when it comes to a cruise massage should I buy it before sailing [emoji385]or should I just wait and book it once we get to the ship. [emoji925]

I also saw that excursions were 20% off last week, do they ever put on sale any spa services such as a massage and last but not least do you ever recommend me [emoji408]to buy a massage after all?

Thank you everyone [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Allure they usually have Spa Specials on Port Day's. We booked a Couples Massage for about $159.00 pp and added the Hot Stones for $20 which was incredible. The one thing we did was booked at the Vitality Spa Table on the Royal Promanade and we got the in Port Special on a Sea Day which was great!

My wife loves getting a massage while on vacation. We always just wait until on the cruise. The spa runs daily specials. The last one we were on my wife got like 2 hours worth of services for just over $100. That was on a port day but she had it schedule for later in the day so we still got to enjoy the day off the ship.

Port days are the times that you can get deals. They are still heavily overpriced, sub par in quality and come with a hard sell that can totally ruin the past 50 minutes of relaxation. You should look at treating her to one before you board on land far cheaper, better technicians with no annoying sales pitch

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always buy a massage during the port specials when on the cruise. When I check in for the massage they have you fill out a form. On the form I write "No sales talk please". I get a nice relaxing massage without anyone talking about products and leave an extra tip instead (they automatically add a tip, so make sure you are only putting in a small extra tip, not the full tip amount).

If you do decide to book the massage, tell your friend to inform them prior to massage that she is not interested in any of their products and to skip the hard sale pitch.

I book onboard and normally do the port day special. If I get a sales pitch, no extra cash tip from me. I like to relax and enjoy my massage even though it is almost twice the price I pay at home.

I am on vacation and will enjoy.

I always book my spa appointments on embarkation day so I can get the days and times I want.

Every time I've cruised there's been a package (on both RCL and HAL) that has offered a deal where if you book three treatments, you get one at 10% off, one at 20% off and the third (and any additional) at 30% off. They have always worked the discount so that the 30% comes off the most expensive treatment.

You really would do better getting her a massage on shore the day before you leave. Offer to pack or take care of the last minute items so she can relax and start her vaca early [emoji847] ships massages are extremely over priced.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello everyone [emoji18]

We never book[emoji957] a massage in a cruise but I want to give my GF a surprise [emoji322]and buy one for her. Since I have 0 experience when it comes to a cruise massage should I buy it before sailing [emoji385]or should I just wait and book it once we get to the ship. [emoji925]

I also saw that excursions were 20% off last week, do they ever put on sale any spa services such as a massage and last but not least do you ever recommend me [emoji408]to buy a massage after all?

Thank you everyone [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They have specials on port days.

You can book on board where specials will be offered.