Mdr

conom

We've never felt rushed at a meal on Oceania that I can recall. It does definitely seem that there is less time between courses when we're at a table for two. If I were to make a rule it would be that the more people there are at the table, the slower the service. (I can't recall being upset because it was TOO slow, either.)

We usually ask to share but since DH left his hearing aid in his pants pocket when I did the laundry on our summer cruise -- normally he's much better than I am about checking, but usually what is in my pockets is kleenex, not anything electronic -- it was sufficiently drowned so as to be unusable. Therefore we tended to ask for tables for two since he was embarrassed when he couldn't hear the other people. (We did share with a woman traveling along one night but we were also in a quieter corner. There's a table on the "R" ships in the center section of the GDR that they call the "honeymooner's table.)

I'm not sure what we'll do on this upcoming cruise.

Mura

We've never felt rushed at a meal on Oceania that I can recall. It does definitely seem that there is less time between courses when we're at a table for two. If I were to make a rule it would be that the more people there are at the table, the slower the service. (I can't recall being upset because it was TOO slow, either.)

We usually ask to share but since DH left his hearing aid in his pants pocket when I did the laundry on our summer cruise -- normally he's much better than I am about checking, but usually what is in my pockets is kleenex, not anything electronic -- it was sufficiently drowned so as to be unusable. Therefore we tended to ask for tables for two since he was embarrassed when he couldn't hear the other people. (We did share with a woman traveling along one night but we were also in a quieter corner. There's a table on the "R" ships in the center section of the GDR that they call the "honeymooner's table.)

I'm not sure what we'll do on this upcoming cruise.

Mura

Agree with you mostly. Sometimes we think it is a little too slow in the GDR but we do not eat there very often. We like the other one's better. But everyone has their choice which is good. No way that we can all like the same thing. If that were the case than they would only need one resturant that we all would go to. The way it used to be on a lot of cruise ships. Better this way.

Nope...never saw it on any I ship..ever Regent once, but that was 10 years ago. Open fire or flame is prohibited on ships

Grilled does not necessarily mean "fire or open flame" - the definition includes using a gridiron. Regent has barbeques and grilled fish and meats on the pool deck on most sea days. There is no reason that Oceania could not do the same thing (and they certainly may - we just did not notice it).

Grilled does not necessarily mean "fire or open flame" - the definition includes using a gridiron. Regent has barbeques and grilled fish and meats on the pool deck on most sea days. There is no reason that Oceania could not do the same thing (and they certainly may - we just did not notice it).

Honestly, I don't remember what the heat source was. I don't believe there was an open flame. Sorry for any confusion. Delicious though and cooked to order. They had less usual fish, such as pomfret.

Nope...never saw it on any I ship..ever Regent once, but that was 10 years ago. Open fire or flame is prohibited on ships

Well then, somebody needs to tell Azamara about that fire restriction as they had 2 Weber type BBQ'a with charcoal grilling on deck during the wonderful cruise we did last month. Or course there were plenty of precautions to protect the ship and passengers but, certainly saw the flames as the grills were "fired up" and the food from those BBQ's was excellent.

Just a thought, if you turn up in MDR at 7-7.30 the staff maybe presume you are dinning pre theatre as you might in the West end therefore are mindful of time and get a move on , indeed some London theatre district restaurants will ask what you are going to and ensure you finish in time . Maybe speak to the MD and adivise him/her your in no rush.

We rarely go to the see the onboard entertainment. And don't eat until 8-8.30 and often land up being near or last leaving one of the onboard restaurants especially if we share and meet interesting people, which is what we enjoy. So dinner over 2 to 3 hours works just fine for us ! On occasion I think the staff have all virtually gone by the time we have left , other than the MD and sommelier.

Well then, somebody needs to tell Azamara about that fire restriction as they had 2 Weber type BBQ'a with charcoal grilling on deck during the wonderful cruise we did last month. Or course there were plenty of precautions to protect the ship and passengers but, certainly saw the flames as the grills were "fired up" and the food from those BBQ's was excellent.

Talked to the chef/and grill folks... ALL on O ships is induction grill.. pretty cool I had never seen one...but the finished product meat and fish is excellent...and in fact while people rave about stuff like the Lobster/Filet sandwich... the Tuna steak sandwitch with AND mahi mahi are excellent . so no open flame anywhere... except for smokers lighters....