Wanted to bring a new Whiskey Bottle on board...

Trekker2016

My husband and I am travelling on Conquest this Sunday, September 25th. He does not drink wine and I am a teetotaler of anything but an occasional soda. I drink water most of the time than not. This cruise is for our wedding anniversary and he wants to bring his bottle of Dom Perignon or a bottle of whiskey with him. Is this OK to bring this aboard the ship? We are first time cruisers so I do not know and the matter came up only a little while ago while we were going home from some errands.

'Will appreciate and thanks for any response I will get...

Trekker2016

My husband and I am travelling on Conquest this Sunday, September 25th. He does not drink wine and I am a teetotaler of anything but an occasional soda. I drink water most of the time than not. This cruise is for our wedding anniversary and he wants to bring his bottle of Dom Perignon or a bottle of whiskey with him. Is this OK to bring this aboard the ship? We are first time cruisers so I do not know and the matter came up only a little while ago while we were going home from some errands.

'Will appreciate and thanks for any response I will get...

Trekker2016

Definitely no whiskey. I am not sure if Dom Perignon champagne fits in cruise line's definition of wine allowance

Edited by NMLady

Assuming Carnival Conquest is the ship, hard liquor and beer are not permitted, but 1 x 750 ml. bottle of wine or champagne per adult is permitted. Your whiskey will be confiscated. Many of your questions can be answered by reading Carnival's website; here is the link to the prohibited items list -

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261/kw/alcohol

Assuming Carnival Conquest is the ship, hard liquor and beer are not permitted, but 1 x 750 ml. bottle of wine or champagne per adult is permitted. Your whiskey will be confiscated. Many of your questions can be answered by reading Carnival's website; here is the link to the prohibited items list -

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261/kw/alcohol

Thanks for the link and the response...appreciate it.

Hi Trekker

As mentioned you will be allowed "carry on" your bottle of Dom Perignon.

While you aren't allowed to bring the wiskey, you are allowed to purchase a bottle for the cabin. This can be done online prior to sailing though the "bon voyage" selections available. Or once on board. Carnival does charge a higher price than some for their bottles of liquor, but it is still a better value than buying individual shots.

Not sure how familiar you are with this site, but if you go to the main forum page...as you look down the page you will see links for each cruise line, including Carnival. If you click on that link you will find all threads specific to Carnival. There is a "search" function at the top of the thread, that would allow you to research topics. If you still don't find what you want (specific to Carnival) ask there.

Take the time to review that main forum page, it lists all the main threads on this site that are full of valuable information, such as Port Of Calls, North American Departure(ports), specialty threads. Also the Roll Call threads...something you might or might not be interested in. These threads list all the ships sailings of each cruise line, if you are interested you can speak with people who will be on the same ship with you.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Edited by Nic6318

Thanks for your response, Nic6318. 'Appreciate it very much.

Since it is getting close to our cruise, hubby and I decided to have a talk on some things and that included the whiskey thingamagig. He decided to forego that one and of course leave the Dom Perignon at home. But agreed on one thing -- we'll go to one of the nice restaurant on board. So altogether, a good compromise. If the ship decides to give us a bottle of champagne (go ahead and dream on...:rolleyes:) then it will be nice. If only a glass each, I'll give him mine.

I am here on Ask a Cruise Question forum because I thought it is the best place to get a response to my question. I am quite on the right path. Thank you.

I found the photography forum, that was interesting because I am also a photographer but this will be my first cruise photography. I had my questions answered and more. That was nice but so far I have not been able to contact anyone who is going on the same ship as we will be in. So I tried the Roll Call a few week back but the members there are more interested in a mug than responding to my question at the time. I was a little disappointed of course but I took it with a grain of salt.

My husband and I will find some acquaintance once we are in it. He can be very chatty, not so much into forums. I am more into writing and making friends in my photography forums and quiet most of the time in real time. I am more into writing because I am a story teller with photos to illustrate along my photoshoot themes. No one will hear my strong accent in words. :D:D We will be fine.

Again thank you for taking time to respond to my message.

Trekker2016

Again, thanks for the tips.

Hi Trekker

While they might not give you a bottle of champagne, if you decide to go to the "steakhouse" on the first night of the cruise they will give you a bottle of wine. While most people don't really feel it is of very good quality, Carnival also allows to instead of the free bottle, order any other bottles for half price. They do have Dom Perignon as a wine selection, so you could purchase a bottle for half price. Again, their prices are inflated so even at half price it won't be cheap, but certainly competing with your land based restaurants. Don't know if you would consider this.

Good luck with research on this site, it is really worth the effort.

have a great cruise

I am here on Ask a Cruise Question forum because I thought it is the best place to get a response to my question. I am quite on the right path. Thank you.

Trekker2016

Again, thanks for the tips.

Actually, this forum is only for vague, general questions about cruising in general. Anything Cruise line or ship specific ( to include policies) should be asked on that particular line's forum.

Many people who can answer your Conquest specific queries will never see this thread at all since it is not in the Carnival section.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Trekker

While they might not give you a bottle of champagne, if you decide to go to the "steakhouse" on the first night of the cruise they will give you a bottle of wine. While most people don't really feel it is of very good quality, Carnival also allows to instead of the free bottle, order any other bottles for half price. They do have Dom Perignon as a wine selection, so you could purchase a bottle for half price. Again, their prices are inflated so even at half price it won't be cheap, but certainly competing with your land based restaurants. Don't know if you would consider this.

Good luck with research on this site, it is really worth the effort.

have a great cruise

I have read that the MDR also have a nice steak and it is free...LOL...Thanks for the info. You've been very helpful....

Actually, this forum is only for vague, general questions about cruising in general. Anything Cruise line or ship specific ( to include policies) should be asked on that particular line's forum.

Many people who can answer your Conquest specific queries will never see this thread at all since it is not in the Carnival section.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OK...won't do it again. Thanks to you too...good info.

You can bring wine....and champagne is wine. You cannot bring booze/liquor....sorry...they do sell it onboard!

cb at sea, MicCanberra and ekajun1957, I am not going to mention this again to my husband as the subject has already been discussed. Truth to say, I really do not care if he decided not to bring the Dom because he will end up drinking it alone for a week and as I have said, I am a teetotaler.

Thank you all for your help....I do appreciate the responses.

He can always buy a bottle of Champaign on the ship- or a glass or two- or more!

He is not really an alcohol person, he is more of a whiskey person...and he said to me that he is not that desperate to have a shot of his icy whiskey. He only drinks whiskey every now and then. I will not make a big deal if he buys some beer tinnies and drink that instead. He does drink two of those tinnies a day here at home especially when he worked so hard mowing the lawn on our quite big property. I have no idea if he has a six packs while working in his hangar though...I am not there often.

Appreciate and thanks for your response.

Trekkie