Help did I make a mistake

casperbks

I booked a cruise on the Dream for January.. I got a good price on a balcony the question is.. Carnival gets to pick my Balcony.. Did I do a bad thing... thank you for your help.:confused:

If you care where your cabin is then it's bad.

If you don't care where your cabin is then it's good.

We never book guarantee as we want to choose our own cabin location. We gladly pay more for this.:)

nobody can say until you get your guarantee room assignment.

i've done it before and never got anything but good rooms a few (in category) upgrades (a-c type).

don't sweat it yet. and if you don't like what you get, pay to upgrade to what you want. it will be a nominal charge by comparison. chill.

I have found that cabin loacation is one of the most important things to me. I've done one guarantee and probably won't do it again. It wasn't bad. It was deck 6 aft. But I'll take a lesser cabin type for a better cabin location.

I guess it depends on how much time you spend in your room.

Edited by Saint Greg

I booked a cruise on the Dream for January.. I got a good price on a balcony the question is.. Carnival gets to pick my Balcony.. Did I do a bad thing... thank you for your help.:confused:

Would you rather pick your room?? You may get the room no one wants.

This also depends on your sleep habits. You sleep through noise well then room selection is less important. If it is the only way I could justify having a balcony then I might do it. But me and the wife have little problem with noise, in fact my wife can sleep anywhere.

If deck level and what area of ship means a lot to you then that's something else. I personally find good things on each level so would easily do a guarantee balcony instead of my choice of inside or OV.

Just hope for the best, but expect the worse.

We always choose our cabin and location so what we get is what we expected.

Perhaps I'm just lucky, but I've booked TBA cabins several times, and have ALWAYS been very happy with the assignment. As noted above, just expect to get a cabin that might be noisy, or inconvenient, and when you get that GREAT assignment that is mid ship, and on the perfect deck, you'll be one happy camper! :D

"SKY"

The worst upgrade for a guarantee cabin was booking an inside and getting an inside...lol. They ended up giving me an extra inside cabin for my luggage. I had 3 kids at the time...lol. I have been upgraded from oceanview to a balcony and a balcony to a suite. It's worth the gamble to me...lol.

As with all guarantees you take a chance where you are put. I have had great results on occasion, great locations at a spectacular price when compared to directly booking into that category. I have also been assigned to the minimum. Either way, they turned out good.

Depends... are you easy-going and a go-with-the-flow kind of traveler? Or are little things going to bother you?

There is a good chance you'll be in a high traffic area or next to something noisy. So I would just expect that, and if you get something better, you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

are you easy-going and a go-with-the-flow kind of traveler? Or are little things going to bother you?

Noise is subjective. One person's music is another's noise. Being below a galley coming alive at 4am to prepare for the breakfast shift would be no " little " bother to us.

OP, you know the risks but you should hope for the best.

Last two cruises, we booked a balcony "Guarantee" on the Conquest, and it wasn't bad at all, except for more walking involved (like the back of ship) than we now would want to do. Depends on the price difference, I suppose. This next one in Nov, on the Breeze, we chose our own, and very excited that location seems to be perfect for us! We've done both, and think choosing our own cabin is much more preferred. Also don't like having to wait to find out where we are, I like to know what to expect!

I enjoyed the balcony I got on a guarantee, I don't mind guarantees but I can't seem to figure out how to do it on the website or the prices I get are better for selecting a cabin anyway.

It's not you, it's them. They don't always offer it. I have no idea what makes them decide to offer it but after dozens of mock bookings on different ships and different itineraries I've concluded that it's just sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

We did gty on our July Conquest cruise and we couldn't have been happier with the balcony we got. Had a great time. I don't even remember if it was offered when I booked the December cruise on Valor because we were intending to pick our cabin all along this time.

lol, and i think I screwed it up but hey, it's only a 3 day to Nassau so no big deal. Valor balcony rm 8400 - I was looking to be closer to the back this time and I even checked below me and it was cabins but I forgot to check above me - Lido buffet. Not too worried about it though. We're close to the elevators down to MDR and that's what I wanted. I sleep though anything.

We book about 18 months in advance because cabin selection is important to us. If it doesn't matter if you're above/below the disco or bars/restaurant areas, then it's not a mistake for you. I would pack earplugs, one pair for each night of the cruise just in case so you can sleep.

We did guaranteed suite on our 1st cruise. It was considerably cheaper than selecting a room. While we were very happy with what we got we've never done it again. Nor will we in the future.

I'm somewhat anal and not knowing where I'll be until the day before we cruise drove me insane lol.

Happy cruisin!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

It's not you, it's them. They don't always offer it. I have no idea what makes them decide to offer it but after dozens of mock bookings on different ships and different itineraries I've concluded that it's just sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

I think, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, they do it only when a cruise isn't selling well. I say this because I book my cruises well in advance, and guarentee cabins are never an option. But they sometimes become available, and sometimes they do not. If you think about it, if a cruise is selling really well, there's no incentive for them to offer reduced price cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

sounds like this is your first cruise if so you would not know if your guarantee cabin will be in a good location or not so i would suggest don't fret it you will know what to do on your next booking.

I think, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, they do it only when a cruise isn't selling well. I say this because I book my cruises well in advance, and guarentee cabins are never an option. But they sometimes become available, and sometimes they do not. If you think about it, if a cruise is selling really well, there's no incentive for them to offer reduced price cabins.

My thoughts as well. Reducing price is a marketing approach.