Lost luggage - Brilliance of the Seas

rovermanv8

Today we ended our first cruise on Brilliance in Barcelona which was fantastic and was everything we expected. However, in the 100 yards between the ship and the baggage carousels the handling agents Intercruise managed to lose my wife's suitcase.

The Intercruise attitude was cavalier and we were just told to fill in a lost property from. We had an 11am flight so had to fill this in and then leave. Upon arriving at Gatwick we phoned Royal Caribbean's uk office at Weybridge and the woman on the end of the phone was useless and just told us not to worry!

Hopefully they will find it and courier it on as promised unless of course another passanger has taken it.

Has anyone else had similiar problems and what was the outcome? Thanks for any replies.

This has tainted our first cruise experience.

When I got off RCCL Oasis in Feb 2015, I could not find my suitcase, only my husbands. We had a tour bus waiting that was to take us on a tour, and then to airport, so after quickly filling out flight info, and giving my cell number, we left on tour. About an hour later they called me. They said they found my bag and it would be at the Southwest counter waiting for me. It was. But, boy, was I a wreck about it, and made it hard to enjoy my last day before flying home!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a problem with a missing tag on one of our bags and so had trouble finding it after we got off the ship. We were fortunate that we were staying an extra night.

Hope they are able to locate your bag and get it back to you.

Today we ended our first cruise on Brilliance in Barcelona which was fantastic and was everything we expected. However, in the 100 yards between the ship and the baggage carousels the handling agents Intercruise managed to lose my wife's suitcase.

The Intercruise attitude was cavalier and we were just told to fill in a lost property from. We had an 11am flight so had to fill this in and then leave. Upon arriving at Gatwick we phoned Royal Caribbean's uk office at Weybridge and the woman on the end of the phone was useless and just told us not to worry!

Hopefully they will find it and courier it on as promised unless of course another passanger has taken it.

Has anyone else had similiar problems and what was the outcome? Thanks for any replies.

You are not the first nor will you be the last.

When we got off the Explorer today we couldn't find our bag. We were #2. After talking to people and searching, we found the bag in #38. I am not sure how much you searched, but it took awhile find ours, but it was there, just not in the right area.

There was a recent thread here about lost luggage in Barcelona http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50426945#post50426945

The OP said that they thought they had found his/her bag but didn't come back to say the very final outcome, although someone else who also lost a bag in Barcelona said they got it back.

Fingers crossed that you also have a positive outcome

We have done the self disembarkation every cruise for various reasons. The first two we had excursions and it was necessary. This last cruise we just did it anyway as we couldn't see the point in having to pack it in early the night before just to have them wheel it the short walk off the ship was worth it. It wasn't that we thought lost bags were that likely. We just found it easier to just wake up and throw everything into the luggage after we were showered and dressed.

We did have a bag lost on a flight recently, though. I was flying alone to see my grandmother as she had been very ill. My thoughts were very scattered when I hurriedly packed resulting somehow in the heaviest carry on I've ever heard of. I wasn't really certain I could lift it into the overhead bins, so when they encouraged gate check I jumped at the chance.

They left all the gate checked bags sitting on the tarmac. Yeah. Let that sink in. Someone carried them down for loading and then it never happened.

When we emerged at the luggage carousel two baggage claim guys were standing calling to everyone from our flight to come fill out a claim form if we'd gate checked because our bags would be on the next flight set to arrive a little less than two hours later. Although my hotel wasn't 20 minutes from the airport it took six hours for my bag to be delivered to the hotel. They left it at the front desk. Let me tell you all this really helped my nerves!

Happily all ended well and the airline even reimbursed me around $15 for a light jacket I picked up.

I hope you get your bag back and all ends well for you as well. Good luck!

We also always walk off with our luggage, unless the port does not allow.

Another thing we do, is we ALWAYS cross pack our larger checked bags, and we always fly with a carry on with several changes of clothes, and whatever we can stuff in. We fly with our carry on, and the largest piece of personal item we can. DH uses a book bag, and I use a smaller carry on, and put my purse, electrical items, and medications in. I carry as much as i can, so if our checked luggage gets lost, we will have a few items with us to get us through.

Reminds me of our cruise from Ensenada, MX to Hawaii. We had to meet at the Convention center in San Diego, then be bused to Ensenada to board the Radiance. There were a group of guests that had stayed at a hotel through RC. They were told to leave their checked luggage at the curb, and the truck would transfer it to the ship. Many people left EVERYTHING at the curb, including carry ons (with medication and personal items in). Well, a little after 8:00PM (we were scheduled to leave port at 10:00PM), the hotel noticed the luggage was still all sitting at the curb. They call RC, who in turn checked with the Radiance, and were told the ship could not wait for the transfer of all the luggage. Unfortunately for all the guests, the ship had 5 days at sea. Many people had left EVERYTHING along the curb, and only had the clothes on their back. Thankfully, we were not with this group, but I saw first had what a nightmare this can be.