Radiance on her way!!!

Hazydavo

Radiance had a refurb in May of this year. DW & I were on the ship in July and from what I could see the ship looked in great shape except for some rust on the balconies. The captain and the crew were excellent and aimed to make the experience great.

Good to hear :)

Her arrival in Sydney is only hours away now!!

Current position of M/S Radiance of the Seas: Under way from Picton to Sydney

Departure was 2 d 11 hrs 29 min ago. (at 15:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 6 hrs 1 min. (at 06:30 h local time)

Traveled distance since Picton: 1,110.89 nm (2,057.36 km)

Remaining distance to Sydney: 106.66 nm (197.53 km)

Traveled distance since Honolulu (Oahu, Hawaii): 6,003.60 nm (11,118.66 km)

Course: 283°

Her arrival in Sydney is only hours away now!!

Current position of M/S Radiance of the Seas: Under way from Picton to Sydney

Departure was 2 d 11 hrs 29 min ago. (at 15:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 6 hrs 1 min. (at 06:30 h local time)

Traveled distance since Picton: 1,110.89 nm (2,057.36 km)

Remaining distance to Sydney: 106.66 nm (197.53 km)

Traveled distance since Honolulu (Oahu, Hawaii): 6,003.60 nm (11,118.66 km)

Course: 283°

Here she comes....

2nbu0p4.jpg

2l2c6p.jpg

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

Just made a quick visit to the city to see Radiance. Lots of happy people boarding. Ship looks good, they were giving her a bit of a lick of paint and there were 2 new pieces of equipment being unpacked and loaded. I couldn't make out what they were. Can't wait until 20th January when I board with the family.

Just made a quick visit to the city to see Radiance. Lots of happy people boarding. Ship looks good, they were giving her a bit of a lick of paint and there were 2 new pieces of equipment being unpacked and loaded. I couldn't make out what they were. Can't wait until 20th January when I board with the family.

It seems ships are a bit like the harbour bridge used to be, the painting never stops.

Excellent thanks for the "on the spot" update :)

Nice, let the excitement build with the anticipation.:D

now all we gotta do is work out how to put some stumps under the bridge so we can get more ships into Sydney Harbour at the same time ....

I'll get my coat & towel

:p

I reckon if we raise the bridge by 20 metres, that would get most ships under her for the next 20-50 years anyway. By then the rising ocean levels will have undone most of the work.

I've got a question for those who's been on her, or just RCI in general. How strict are they with taking soft drink cans/water on at SYD embarkation?

Yes I know it's "technically" not allowed, but everything I've read indicates it's rarely enforced in the states - not sure about in AUS.

I've got a question for those who's been on her, or just RCI in general. How strict are they with taking soft drink cans/water on at SYD embarkation?

Yes I know it's "technically" not allowed, but everything I've read indicates it's rarely enforced in the states - not sure about in AUS.

I've never tried but had reports of it being confiscated.