Switching Passengers at Check In

Annefran

Not sure how other ships handle this (and it is probably different!) but on a recent Anthem cruise, we wanted to actually switch cards so my sons would have the correct cabin card. They told us that they no longer do this as it creates various problems, and they would only give us 'extra' room keys. We had to keep the original cards even though we switched things around once onboard.

Not sure how other ships handle this (and it is probably different!) but on a recent Anthem cruise, we wanted to actually switch cards so my sons would have the correct cabin card. They told us that they no longer do this as it creates various problems, and they would only give us 'extra' room keys. We had to keep the original cards even though we switched things around once onboard.

Likely this is because the Quantum class ships and Harmony uses RF onboard cards. We last did this last year in late October on Freedom which has the regular or old type of Seapass onboard cards as does Navigator.

Hi all,

Hoping someone can answer this question. My friend and I each have a JS booked for a cruise next April. My friend has two other friends that would like to go with us. What they want to do is book one of the friends in each of our cabins for now. Then on boarding day when we all check in together, switch me into my friend's cabin and move her roommate into my cabin. Supposedly these women have done it before with their parents. This would avoid someone having the wrong seapass card etc. I'm not comfortable doing this. I sent RCI an email to inquire if they allow this situation too. Has anyone ever done this before? Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am trying to fully understand what you are trying to avoid. Right now from what I read, two people have JS's as solo cruisers paying the solo supplement (I expect) each. Two people who are NOT booked for the cruise would like to join each of you on the cruise -- adding one person to each cabin. That would give the person now in the JS, a reduction in pricing because it is no longer a solo cruiser. So the first issue is adding them to the bookings -- one to each JS cabin. That will give Royal an excuse to reprice the entire booking at the current pricing. The seapass issue on board, is a totally different issue along with who is using which cabin -- which I think you are making into a much bigger issue than it needs to be.

Paulette, that is correct and if they move people around to different cabins, then this will reprice everything. From what I understood, one person from original booking has to remain in their cabin/s. Two years ago, our daughter was with us in our JS, then husbands sister joined us and our daughter moved into her Aunts room. We were paying for our daughter so I paid my SIL to cover the daughters fare and she picked up the remaining balance for her booking.

Paulette, that is correct and if they move people around to different cabins, then this will reprice everything.

You mean if the move people around now it will reprice.

Once onboard, though, it won't.

I think the main issue is adding the people to the current solo-booked rooms now (which you have to do). I think that that is going to cause a repricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have two booked in a Cabin and you are the original person on the booking then you can make changes to that booking ( switch a passenger, there should be no changes, however if you add a passenger, then added charges will be the taxes/port fees + individual booking ) At least one person from the original booking needs to remain in the cabin or it can get repriced. Also a change in pricing can occur if prices have gone up since you booked your cabin and add someone.

You mean if the move people around now it will reprice.

Once onboard, though, it won't.

I think the main issue is adding the people to the current solo-booked rooms now (which you have to do). I think that that is going to cause a repricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I was referring to previously, perhaps I was not clear enough....first they need to add two people to the cruise. Move the people around after they are onboard. They are making a mountain out of a mole hill over an extra sea pass card to carry as far as room access goes.