Veendam upsell question

mightycruisequeen

We are presently booked in a category H cabin on Veendam on the lower promenade deck.

There is a possibility of an upsell to category EE cabin on the lower promenade deck aft.

It is clearly a good foot wider than a normal cabin, plus it is maybe 5 steps away from the door leading out to the promenade deck.

The difference in price is an extra $80 per person for a 14 night cruise.

Do you think it's worth it, or should I just stay happily put in my nice H cabin?

Thanks in advance :)

You didn't say which H-cabin you're currently booked in. I have looked at the deck plans and I noticed that 2 of cat. H are directly below the showroom at sea which might be very noisy during rehearsal and show times, the others which are more midship might ( don't know for sure) be under the galley. The EE cabins towards the aft seem to be in a better location below the dining-room. If I were you I'd probably change.

There is a map of the Veendam galley available with other facts about HAL. Google Holland America & cabin 390. It should get you there. Remember the galley runs the entire beam of the ship ( even though it may only be labeled on one side).

I can vouch that 390 is under the dishwash station. And for the fact there is a busy plate cart that runs through the area above until around 11:00pm.

I have not been on the Veendam, but have had aft cabins on other ships. I would say YES, I love an aft cabin, balconies are generally wider and longer. Love sitting and watching out the back.

There are no "aft cabin" balcony cabins on the Lower Promenade on the Veendam. You must be thinking of a Vista or Signature class ship, which does have stern balcony cabins (although not on Lower Promenade).

Both cabins are under the lower level of the diningroom.

The H cabin is just behind the aft elevator.

The EE cabin is the very last aft-facing outside (with window, not balcony) on Lower Promenade deck.

The aft cabins below the MDR are O.K. we have been there. Some noise during dining times but not a real problem. You are not likely to be in your cabin during those times anyway.

We are presently booked in a category H cabin on Veendam on the lower promenade deck.

There is a possibility of an upsell to category EE cabin on the lower promenade deck aft.

It is clearly a good foot wider than a normal cabin, plus it is maybe 5 steps away from the door leading out to the promenade deck.

The difference in price is an extra $80 per person for a 14 night cruise.

Do you think it's worth it, or should I just stay happily put in my nice H cabin?

Thanks in advance :)

For me, it would depend if the EE is beside the door to outside. I would fear the bang bang bang bang bang of people using that door would drive me crazy. I would stick with the H because for us the cabin size doesn't matter. If the possibility of noise doesn't matter to you, it seems like a good price.