Nudity

Jamericannn

I am not planning on being nude but was just curious to know if nudity is allowed on the serenity decks.

Are the decks solely for alone time away from kids and the noise or is it for adults to do whatever they want?

Nudity isn't allowed, nor can you do whatever you want.

These decks are not out of view of others.

Many of the Carnival Serenity decks wrap around the Kids' Club. Might be a little more scenery than the kids would expect to see during their activities:eek::eek:!

Once, one of our Carnival cruises preceded a Nude Cruise charter. Many of the passengers were doing B2Bs. There were some swimwear choices that were minimal, to say the least, during our week at sea. The Kids' Club counsellors were looking forward to their week of vacation.

I am not planning on being nude but was just curious to know if nudity is allowed on the serenity decks.

Are the decks solely for alone time away from kids and the noise or is it for adults to do whatever they want?

Not allowed although some of the see thru thongs woman wear are like being nude.:)

Our first cruise was on the MSC Melody, back in 2002 and wow! Was a bit surprised at the amount of nudity on that one! However, very different type of people on that ship than Carnival. The cruise we did was the last Caribbean one of the season, then they were heading across the Atlantic to cruise the Med. At least 50% of the passenger, probably closer to 60% were European In fact, announcements were typically done in I believe 6 languages! I know the CD spoke at least 6, we'd actually listen to her talk to passengers and her ability to speak them all so fluently and switch was amazing. A large portion of the passengers were staying on the cruise to do the TA cruise as well. But, it's a more common thing I feel in the European cultures, so it was very normal for many people to participate in the nudity! :eek:

Back when we went on the Valor there was a woman who let her "girls" out on the serenity deck. She was discreet about it and nobody really paid much attention to her. It didn't bother me and I wasn't offended, but I wouldn't want my wife to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There used to be a topless area. I think it was on the funnel. You had to climb up to the platform and out of site of everyone. They don't have those anymore. I'm sure someone will post a picture of the sign that was at the bottom of the topless deck.

Yeah, I remember that from our first cruise. Does anyone know when they did away with it? Was it called St Tropez, or was that on Royal?

On the past few cruises on the Miracle, the Serenity deck has been anything but serene. There was always the one group that was always loud. It was quieter at the main pool area. And for some reason during mid-afternoon, there would be a guitarist with an amp playing.

Just back from the Dream. Several thong bikinis and micro-kinis (the tops that only cover nipplage) on board.... On lido. Went on an excursion and that was another story! Women did go topless and the image of an old guys junk is seared into my mind. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On the past few cruises on the Miracle, the Serenity deck has been anything but serene. There was always the one group that was always loud. It was quieter at the main pool area. And for some reason during mid-afternoon, there would be a guitarist with an amp playing.

I was going to say the same thing.

My DD and I were up there one afternoon reading, she studying and they set up the DJ and started playing music, really loud. I was like, really?

We left.