Repricing query

lorri111

Hi, since we booked and paid deposit for our cruise I have noticed that the same cruise has picked up special offers - price is the same but obc is now included. I have managed to get a booked cruise repriced in the past when the actual price fell but am wondering if I can get them to "reprice" and add the obc when the price is the same. I will ring and ask them but has anyone had this happen for them? don't like to appear greedy if it is a "no go".

It's certainly worth a call to Princess, if you booked directly with Princess, or to your TA to ask them to contact Princess.

I book directly, and have been quite successful in getting refared when it benefits me with either a lower fare or rebooking to get the promo perks.

I called our TA when the sip & sail was added to our British isle cruise for next May - however the price had gone up about $200 each from when I first booked. I figured the bev pkg was marginally worth it but my TA got us the sip & sail without base price increase and we kept our chosen cabin. I'd say go for it[emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Called up and spoke to a very nice consultation who updated my booking immediately with no problems. Nice bonus, shows how important it is to keep checking cruise details even when you have booked!

Oops teach me to read the full thread then answer, well done, exactly what I'd expect.

Will I receive recent deals, even if I have made final payment? I have an offer by TA to make final payment including EZair, 5 months before actual due date for a 2% credit on OBC account. So...how does this effect my chances for future possible lower pricing on cruise and EZair.

Lastly, do you think the TA is just holding the $$$ until my final payment is actually due and Princess in not even aware that final payment has been made? Thanks.

Will I receive recent deals, even if I have made final payment? I have an offer by TA to make final payment including EZair, 5 months before actual due date for a 2% credit on OBC account. So...how does this effect my chances for future possible lower pricing on cruise and EZair.

Lastly, do you think the TA is just holding the $$$ until my final payment is actually due and Princess in not even aware that final payment has been made? Thanks.

I think I would want that offer in writing from Princess. If the TA is taking 2% of their commission and giving you the OBC out of that then you may be precluded from getting any future benefit. Anytime you make any payment for anything you should get an official Princess receipt, not just the TA receipt. If the TA uses Polar Online they can print a passenger receipt, including any OBC attached, and forward it or have it sent directly to you. If they are calling Princess as a TA then they can have Princess email the passenger receipt to them and then forward it to you. I do this for all my clients. That way they know that I am not just holding their money for the "interest" it may accumulate.

• 1 month later...
Ah the unfairness to us Brits. If we book direct with Princess, we now have to pay an administration fee of £100 per booking, that's if there's a price advantage we want to have applied.:mad:--- Coming to the US soon perhaps, shush.---

Quite agree. Even if you book with Princess or TA, we have to pay £100 admin fee, irrespective of whether final payment date has been reached. Apparently only allow one £100 re fare, after that you have to cancel and rebook therefore losing deposit already paid. Have to really work out financially if worthwhile.