First time being denied shareholder benefit...

teecee60

I hope you don't mind if I take those comments as compliments. :)

Most people spend more on a single cruise than I spent in total ($3,050) to get to Elite/Diamond in 5 cruises/74nights. :eek: :D :rolleyes:

My requirement has always been to ONLY book for LESS than $50pp/night, and I even managed to get a couple of them for $30pp/night. :cool:

Might have to try more cruises with Princess and their incredible stacking of multiple OBCs, and save RCCL for the REALLY inexpensive ones... :o

There's a 15 night Panama Canal cruise on Infinity for only $659pp... and a 13 night T/A on the Jewel for $594pp!

Try as I might, I can't find a 15 night PC cruise on Infinity for $659pp.

Harry

It's not the money, it's the principle. I prefer cruise lines who appreciate my business and do so by allowing, even encouraging combining incentives. Just wish they would allow combining incentives. Something's wrong when in 22 cruises with RCCL we have never been able to get a Shareholder OBC.

So despite being denied 22 times, you chose to sail with a company whose principles you disagree with. Why would RCI change their ways?:confused:

Depending on how many cruises one takes, that $100 can add up. Besides, who are you to tell someone how to run their finances? If the person feels Carnival is a better choice, then they have every right to book with Carnival, just as you have every right to book with Royal Caribbean.

I didn't tell anyone anything. I asked.

So despite being denied 22 times, you chose to sail with a company whose principles disagree with. Why would RCI change their ways?:confused:

It's not RCCL's "principle", it's mine. The principle being to protest those policies one disagrees with. I fly Delta yet I disagree with many of their policies; baggage and change fees most notably. Yes I will continue to cruise with RCCL but their policy on combining incentives clearly needs some tweaking. Hopefully, open discussion in these forums will encourage same.

• 3 weeks later...

After boarding the ship thinking that I had been denied the shareholder OBC, I found this in my email... and the $100 credited to my account! :)

Dear Mr. C:

Thank you for your email response. I apologize for our oversight on your booking.

I applied your $100.00 Shareholder onboard credit. We hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Sincerely,

Supervisor, Shareholder Benefits Team

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Try as I might, I can't find a 15 night PC cruise on Infinity for $659pp.

The price on the Celebrity site is $849pp, try a search for "discounted cruises" or "90 day ticker." ;)

Over the last few weeks the price has jumped to a whopping $699pp! :p

I gather that getting bargains is a hobby for you - just don't be surprised if RCI no longer wants to support that hobby.

It seems that RCI is continuing to do a rather nice job of supporting my hobby...

They changed their mind on the shareholder OBC for this cruise... ;)

...I'm on the Jewel OTS 12 night T/A in a few weeks... @ $487pp (inside) with $200 shareholder OBC... :D

...and the Brilliance OTS 14 night T/A in April @ $699pp (ocean view) with a total of $550 OBC. :D

Edited by teecee60

I applied for my shareholder OBC to be applied and got this response:

Thank you for using our Coupon Redemption Center.

We have received and applied your Royal Caribbean International coupon as requested.

Is this the normal response that says the credit was applied? The wording seems very odd.

Interesting thread and I read from 1st to last post.

Sold my stock because could not combine with other discounts. Stock went up. Dang.

I am one of the high maintenance cruisers who never books less than a balcony cabin. If they were giving away inside, I would decline. Worked to long and to hard for my money and choose to cruise in a style I wish I could afford (?) Since I haven't figured out a way to take my $$$ with me to the next life, I will spend it and will enjoy every minute.

Having spent in excess of $10,000 for one cruise, I do not believe we would be cruise compatable with bargain hunter poster.

To each his own.

I'm battling with Royal now too.

I had read something here about how Royal tries to consistently weasel out of providing this benefit.

SO, I emailed investor relations and asked them to take a look at both my reservations to make sure that we each qualified (two reservations - two cabins) for the OBC. I asked them if there were any discounts or promotions which would prevent us from qualifying for the benefit.

I received a reply stating that the reservations, as they stood in MAY 2016 both qualified for the OBC, but we each had to own 100 shares in our own name. I was also provided with the form to apply.

I took the time to redact each brokerage statement, filled out the application and sent it in. Minutes later, I get a reply telling me that the there is a C&A balcony discount so we don't qualify.

Now, I'm annoyed. If back in May I was told that we didn't qualify that would have been the end of it. But now I'm pissed that I was told I qualified, but now I don't. The reservation has not changed (other than being paid in full). It's not like it took hours and hours to redact my statements, but I would not have wasted my time.

Royal really should consider the good will that they loose. Granted, I got a good deal on the cruise to start, and yes the stock has been doing well, and I've made far more than $100 on the stock, but that is not the point.

I'm battling with Royal now too.

I had read something here about how Royal tries to consistently weasel out of providing this benefit.

SO, I emailed investor relations and asked them to take a look at both my reservations to make sure that we each qualified (two reservations - two cabins) for the OBC. I asked them if there were any discounts or promotions which would prevent us from qualifying for the benefit.

I received a reply stating that the reservations, as they stood in MAY 2016 both qualified for the OBC, but we each had to own 100 shares in our own name. I was also provided with the form to apply.

I took the time to redact each brokerage statement, filled out the application and sent it in. Minutes later, I get a reply telling me that the there is a C&A balcony discount so we don't qualify.

Now, I'm annoyed. If back in May I was told that we didn't qualify that would have been the end of it. But now I'm pissed that I was told I qualified, but now I don't. The reservation has not changed (other than being paid in full). It's not like it took hours and hours to redact my statements, but I would not have wasted my time.

Royal really should consider the good will that they loose. Granted, I got a good deal on the cruise to start, and yes the stock has been doing well, and I've made far more than $100 on the stock, but that is not the point.

The balcony discount has been noncombinable with the stockholders OBC for YEARS now.

Oh, and I was just granted the shareholder's OBC on three upcoming cruises. It has been A LONG TIME since I could use it, but in November and December, I have it!

:)

(I am usually a balcony snob, but have been suffering with interior and OV recently, for the prices. :D )

The balcony discount has been noncombinable with the stockholders OBC for YEARS now.

Which I'm fine with had they told me this back in May. I asked them to review my reservation, they told me I qualified, I applied, and I was rejected on the basis of the balcony discount, which has been on this reservation for over two years. It's not like I added the balcony discount after they told me I qualified.

Which I'm fine with had they told me this back in May. I asked them to review my reservation, they told me I qualified, I applied, and I was rejected on the basis of the balcony discount, which has been on this reservation for over two years. It's not like I added the balcony discount after they told me I qualified.

Yes, I can smell the stupidity from here. ;)

(I am usually a balcony snob, but have been suffering with interior and OV recently, for the prices. :D )

Could not do that. Glad you are able to. In Celebrity Suite with butler for 2 weeks before they installed balcony....wall to wall/ceiling to floor windows and neither DH nor I was comfortable without our balcony. Must have a balcony, may want to jump off. Not really. It's a mental, breathing thing with me.