Silhouette Michael’s Club Concierge

MAGSMFC

I have been informed that the new conciege in Michael's Club will be a lady called Niko and she will take over on the 8th October.

Any ideas as to what I can ask her to help with once we are on board.

Many thanks.

The Michael's Club host will look after all your ship based needs (your butler more room based). Things like bridge tour, behind the scenes theatre visit....Also if you have any issues with OBC or charges to your account. She will also sort out excursions and have you wait listed with priority if they are full....

She will also set up general events in Michael's Club like an afternoon tea, a musical event, an officers 'meet and greet'...

Just think of her as a fairy godmother...

Thank you chemmo. It will be my special birthday whilst on board so hope she can arrange something special for me. What sort of musical events and i did not know you can arrange to have afternoon tea in Michael's.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thank you chemmo. It will be my special birthday whilst on board so hope she can arrange something special for me. What sort of musical events and i did not know you can arrange to have afternoon tea in Michael's.

They usually have one planned High Tea event. You need to tell your Agent or Celebrity about any special events. You can let the Shoreside Concierge know when they contact you.

On our last 2 cruises with Michaels Club the entertainment varied from a piano player, guitar player, singer, jazz played by part of the Celebrity orchestra and on Summit the Michaels Club concierge was once a member of Disney's entertainment staff and she sang one night, had a very good voice BTW.

The tea was in the afternoon on a sea day arranged by the MC concierge.

Please come back after your cruise and let us know how the new concierge is. We've had one great one and one mediocre one.

If she's half as good as Anca is/was you won't need to ask her for anything. She'll be all over you, nothing too much trouble and happy to set up whatever you want. Let us know how you go on.

If anyone knows if Anca is just on leave or is moving on, please tell. I'd be interested to know if she's going up in the on-board world.

Edited by Chunky2219
typo

Happy Birthday in advance! I am also celebrating a milestone birthday on Celebrity (Millenium) next October.

I assume you are aware your butler will bring afternoon tea to your suit every afternoon about 4-4.30pm. We find it really refreshing before getting ready for the evening. On our last two cruises there has been a champagne afternoon tea one afternoon in Michael's. We have really found it a pleasant and social event. As ChezMaryLou says the musical events are varied. Look out for messages on your answerphone. Another event that is also arranged is either a helipad sailaway or sail in party. These are not exclusively for suite guests but suite guests are invariably invited. We love Michael's Club as a pre and post dinner venue, so nice and relaxing to meet new friends...

Have a long think about your birthday...Is it a sea day, a port day? We have invariably enjoyed celebration dinners in Murano's and have always been well looked after. Much as we love the other specialities Murano's and M class equivalents have always been our special events venues (sad I will not have Olympic on Millie). If you are on a port day you could look at a special trip or activity. One of my best birthday memories was a helicopter trip! If it is a sea day perhaps a spa visit after breakfast with champagne on the balcony....it really does depend on what you enjoy....

Hope you have a great cruise!

Thank you all for your replies and best wishes.

I am hoping Niko will be good at her job. All I know is that she is already serving on board the Silhouette as a Concierge and is moving to Michaels Club on the 8th October.

Silhouette now has Afternoon Tea every day from 3pm to 4pm. No more "High Tea".

What exactly does this mean? Is Michael's hosting an afternoon tea every day? Are the butlers still serving afternoon tea to suites?

Thanks!

I was about to post "if new concierge is half as good as Anca".......and someone else beat me to it!!

She was THE BEST...and I think she has "resigned" ,meaning she has left Celebrity..if true,their ,and our LOSS.

I swear Anca could read my mind, she was able to do things before I even mentioned them. She was even able to get me an Alcove for a few days on a cruise even though they were fully booked months in advance. Just a very genuine, thoughtful lady.

What exactly does this mean? Is Michael's hosting an afternoon tea every day? Are the butlers still serving afternoon tea to suites?

Thanks!

Yes, Afternoon Tea is now served by the butlers in Michael's daily from 3pm to 4pm instead of them serving it to the suites... :)

Yes, Afternoon Tea is now served by the butlers in Michael's daily from 3pm to 4pm instead of them serving it to the suites... :)

That is bad news for me! Once a cruise I enjoy going down to Michael's for afternoon tea but most of the time I prefer it on my own balcony, often on awaking from an afternoon nap! I honestly would not make the effort every day...that is my balcony time but I do like my cup of tea!

Does anyone know if this is a fleet wide change or cruise specific? Really glad my next cruise is on the Eclipse where I at least have a kettle in my room!

There's been multiple threads here following entertainer Perry Grant around the fleet and on to other ships with hordes of devotees in tow. People book specific crusies just to see him again.

I'm half tempted to start a "Where is Anca" thread along the same lines. :confused:

p.s .With I quick web search I discovered Perry did a concert last night at Lytham St Annes in the UK. It will have been packed out with Ceelbryteers.

That is bad news for me! Once a cruise I enjoy going down to Michael's for afternoon tea but most of the time I prefer it on my own balcony, often on awaking from an afternoon nap! I honestly would not make the effort every day...that is my balcony time but I do like my cup of tea!

Does anyone know if this is a fleet wide change or cruise specific? Really glad my next cruise is on the Eclipse where I at least have a kettle in my room!

Our Concierge Lawrence explained that it is being rolled out to the other ships at the moment, ship by ship. I'll ask him whether it is on Eclipse yet.

Lawrence is leaving at the end of this cruise to go back to university.. Such a shame, he has been absolutely fantastic this cruise, and so easy to talk to. :(

Silhouette now has Afternoon Tea every day from 3pm to 4pm. No more "High Tea".

Sorry to hear the change. Rally enjoyed the High Tea. Will be on Silhouette for the TA and will certainly miss seeing Anca. She is indeed a very, very special person. I know that she has some personal goals and I hope that all her dreams come true.

This (tea in Michaels Club vs Cabins) is a change I am certain that was either 1. A rogue F&B manager, like the ones who said you couldn't take drinks out of Michaels Club and forced the MC Concierges to enforce it, or 2. Won't last. When I order tea, goodies, coffee, snacks from my Butler next month, what are they going to do, say no? You have to come to MIchael's Club for it? It makes Zero sense. Maybe they're stopping the cart going up and down the hallway, or testing that out, it I can't believe they can stop sailing tea / snacks if I request it.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPad using fat fingers and Tapatalk

I'm very sorry to read this. We'll be in a suite on Silhouette in January, and I love the tea cart and butler outside my door every afternoon with a selection of savory and sweet treats plus tea. We are generally relaxing in our suite after a busy day and before getting ready for dinner --- I also have little interest in trekking down to Michael's for it. Sounds like another cost cutting measure.

Has anybody heard of Niko? I wonder if she's new to Celebrity?

Niko was our Concierge representative on Silhouette in August. She was excellent, always approachable and very helpful. I'm happy she has been promoted, I'm sure you'll like her.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This (tea in Michaels Club vs Cabins) is a change I am certain that was either 1. A rogue F&B manager, like the ones who said you couldn't take drinks out of Michaels Club and forced the MC Concierges to enforce it, or 2. Won't last. When I order tea, goodies, coffee, snacks from my Butler next month, what are they going to do, say no? You have to come to MIchael's Club for it? It makes Zero sense. Maybe they're stopping the cart going up and down the hallway, or testing that out, it I can't believe they can stop sailing tea / snacks if I request it.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPad using fat fingers and Tapatalk

Why don't Celebrity ask first before making changes like this? I still do not understand with all the surveys they do why they don't query suite guests post cruise more on the aspects of the suite life they have really enjoyed....Maybe just a simple ranking 1-10 on each aspect.

Like you I can see myself first day of next cruise adding afternoon tea delivery to my list of requests to the butler and then feeling guilty because he needs to be in two places at the same time.

It has been great to see Celebrity Cruises following recent posts. Could they please join in the conversation and confirm if afternoon tea served in suites is ending?

I'm very sorry to read this. We'll be in a suite on Silhouette in January, and I love the tea cart and butler outside my door every afternoon with a selection of savory and sweet treats plus tea. We are generally relaxing in our suite after a busy day and before getting ready for dinner --- I also have little interest in trekking down to Michael's for it. Sounds like another cost cutting measure.

We just off of Silhouette on Sept 15, 2016. The concierge host was Lawrence. Lawrence is wonderful. Lawrence did say that his contract was ending and he was going on vacation. I think Lawrence was going to be on the cruise ship until it get to the United States.

We were in a Sky Suites on both cruises. I dont know if that made a difference. Our last cruise High Tea was in our suite. This cruise it was moved to Michael's Club. It was still done by one of the butlers. The time was 3pm to 4pm each day. We went two times

We just off of Silhouette on Sept 15, 2016. The concierge host was Lawrence. Lawrence is wonderful. Lawrence did say that his contract was ending and he was going on vacation. I think Lawrence was going to be on the cruise ship until it get to the United States.

We were in a Sky Suites on both cruises. I dont know if that made a difference. Our last cruise High Tea was in our suite. This cruise it was moved to Michael's Club. It was still done by one of the butlers. The time was 3pm to 4pm each day. We went two times

I can't see true high tea in a cabin especially a sky suite or CS on S-Class without a proper table (that sounds so British), but that's just me.

I think maybe there's is a difference between what some consider high tear and daily tea service. High tea is more of an event, with formal proper service, upscale treats, clotted cream, etc. Daily tear servvice includes many of the same items delivered to cabins, with tea, cookies, small sandwhiches and snacks. There are also daily snacks offered in Michaels Club, imetines the same snacks are offered in cabins. They use those little divided plates for these generally.

I'll get the real story when I board on Nov 2. I am sure of two things, 1. I won't starve regardless and 2. If I ask for goodies to be in my cabin, I have absolutely no doubt they will show up, as they have for the other cruises I have done.

Happy sailing,

Jenna