Offer to upgrade to Concierge

nyfeds

What cruise were you upgraded? Scheduled for Oct 26 Riviera...and hoping to here about an upgrade!! thanks...

It wasn't an upgrade,but an up sell.That is where you pay a minimal amount to get a higher graded cabin,Not free.The phone call came from our agent a week before and we had to say yes immediately,not knowing what the cabin number was.We were on Rome to Venice.

What cruise were you upgraded? Scheduled for Oct 26 Riviera...and hoping to here about an upgrade!! thanks...

O dosen't give upgrades except maybe in rare occasions ...they do offer "up sells" where you have the opportunity to pay a discount price difference for a higher category. Like on a 10 day moving to a veranda from an inside for $600 pp

They usually do these about 21-14 days prior to the cruise and you need to inform your agent that you would be interested...

Another reason to book via an agent and not direct because if you book direct you wont get an offer because agents get them first

You mention "upgrades" but be aware O also offers downgrades to a lesser cabin...many times with a very large cash incentive to you...

I remember paying up to get a concierge level...not an upgrade....could not remember how much before the cruise began that my TA contacted us with the offer.

Guess we are in the range to hear again....

I remember paying up to get a concierge level...not an upgrade....could not remember how much before the cruise began that my TA contacted us with the offer.

Guess we are in the range to hear again....

It will depend upon how full the ship is in the respective categories whether upsells are offered to you.

You can check on O website about availability in your category and the next one up to give you an idea about upsells.

If both are full - it is unlikely that you will be offered an upsell; if yours is full (and waitlisted) but the one above has availability, you may very well get an offer.

Good luck.

Edited by Paulchili

You mention "upgrades" but be aware O also offers downgrades to a lesser cabin...many times with a very large cash incentive to you...[/quote

My sister and I once benefitted from a downgrade - concierge to outside - and the downsell just about paid for our next cruise. We ended up paying the equivalent of one fare for the two of us, and we were very happy with our stateroom - one of the largest outsides of which there are only 6 on each of the R ships!

Donna

O doesn't give upgrades except maybe in rare occasions ..

We recently received (through our TA) an upgrade offer to switch from our eastern Caribbean cruise in January to one of three western Caribbean cruises. If we had accepted the offer (we didn't), we would have been upgraded from a B-1 veranda to a penthouse with butler, at no extra charge. Looks as if the western Caribbean itineraries aren't selling well.

Maybe this is the rare occasion Hawaiidan was referring to -- ?

We received an upsell for our cruise, upgrading us from B-2 to Concierge A-2. We got a much better, mid-ship location, as well as the Concierge "perks." It was $250, total, which we felt was a good deal.

Denise

Edited by nyfeds

There are upgrades & Upsells

We have gotten both types of offers

There are also downsells when you get $$ back

there are move over or move off offers

All are dependant on how the cruise & cabins are selling no guarentee any will be offered on a specific sailing

Some sailings will offer upsells & it is a 1st come basis

once they are spoken for that is it

We recently received (through our TA) an upgrade offer to switch from our eastern Caribbean cruise in January to one of three western Caribbean cruises. If we had accepted the offer (we didn't), we would have been upgraded from a B-1 veranda to a penthouse with butler, at no extra charge. Looks as if the western Caribbean itineraries aren't selling well.

This wasn't an "upgrade" ... it was a "move-over" (to a different sailing/ship) with the incentive of a better stateroom.

Edited by bigmjh

That is not a free upgrade. That is a move off. We want you off this cruise so we will give you a better cabin on a different cruise

A free upgrade would be a better category cabin on the same cruise with no upcharge. Rare

Lol. Two of us posted same time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bitob

That is not a free upgrade. That is a move off. We want you off this cruise so we will give you a better cabin on a different cruise. A free upgrade would be a better category cabin on the same cruise with no upcharge. Rare.

This wasn't an "upgrade" ... it was a "move-over" (to a different sailing/ship) with the incentive of a better stateroom.

I learned a new concept today -- move-off/move-over. Thanks, bitob and bigmjh, for making me smart (well, for trying, anyway!).;)

You mention "upgrades" but be aware O also offers downgrades to a lesser cabin...many times with a very large cash incentive to you...[/quote

My sister and I once benefitted from a downgrade - concierge to outside - and the downsell just about paid for our next cruise. We ended up paying the equivalent of one fare for the two of us' date= and we were very happy with our stateroom - one of the largest outsides of which there are only 6 on each of the R ships!

Donna[/quote]

I was privy to a recent downsell, from a penthouse to a B1 cabin veranda, the offer was for the B1 cabin free and close to $10,000 cash.... So cash and a comp cabin. The person who took that offer was able to book 2 , 21 day cruises in the coming years... so in essence the down sell enabled him to get 3 cruises at no charge.... I was impressed. always tell your agent your open to a down sell he told me.

We just returned from a Western Mediterranean cruise. We were offered an upsell to a Penthouse Suite a few weeks before sailing. So glad that we took it. It was wonderful. Only problem is that we liked it so much we may be forever spoiled from going with a regular balcony cabin! We didn't really use the butler much, but we loved the space and the bathroom was wonderful.

We just returned from a Western Mediterranean cruise. We were offered an upsell to a Penthouse Suite a few weeks before sailing. So glad that we took it. It was wonderful. Only problem is that we liked it so much we may be forever spoiled from going with a regular balcony cabin! We didn't really use the butler much, but we loved the space and the bathroom was wonderful.

Quite the conundrum! How very fortunate for you!

Denise