Anyone Else Tired of Endless Nickel & Dime Threads?

wdsted

We are happy NCL customers who never hauled water or soda onboard, think that 18% mandatory gratuities for the booze package is a great deal, and believe NCL consistently delivers a good product at a fair price. No, they're not perfect but either are the super premium lines. Call me a cheerleader but kindly keep your flaming thoughts to yourself. Let's have some happy talk.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Same here. My cruising experience dates back 20 years ago on multiple lines. In that time we basically got all the fun and sun of the Caribbean out of our systems. We just cruised again on NCL to the western Mediterranean this year and are officially hooked. Ports, evening entertainment, specialty dining, beverage package - loved it! We spent within $10 of what we budgeted on board so no bitter surprises.

One of my favorite saying is "the juice is not worth the squeeze" which is why I can't be bothered with checking and rechecking to make sure the beverage package is a good deal, as an example.

The value of a vacation is not all about what it cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I too love NCL, however under the new FDR administration, my stock has dropped from around $60 per share down to $38 yesterday. :mad: I might like the product if the company was making money for me with all the changes that have been made during the same period, but that's just not the case. So all the "nickle and diming" talk you dislike, IMHO is, in part, a result of those changes made to the NCL product. For me, I have a couple of weeks coming up the end of this month on the Gem, another week in April on the Dawn and 30 days booked on the Pearl in the fall of '17. That fact doesn't mean I approve of Corporate's policies, just that I enjoy the ships, crews, and especially the destinations, but hate the changes, and financial management. If posts on this board help to get rid of the current NCLH leadership, I'd be happy to see them continue.:)

We are happy NCL customers who never hauled water or soda onboard, think that 18% mandatory gratuities for the booze package is a great deal, and believe NCL consistently delivers a good product at a fair price. No, they're not perfect but either are the super premium lines. Call me a cheerleader but kindly keep your flaming thoughts to yourself. Let's have some happy talk.

You know this is on the Internet, right?

Agreed! I've cruised on many lines, but NCL is my favorite.

I think the question you need to ask is 'why are there endless nickel and dimed threads?'

These threads are useful for the exchange of information - and sometimes that information is not all about how wonderful NCL is. To the extent there are valid complaints, it might be worthwhile to post them- NCL management might even take notice of things which bother customers and potential customers, and take corrective steps.

If only cheerleaders post - what's the point.

I think the question you need to ask is 'why are there endless nickel and dimed threads?'

^This^, and why does the OP feel that those "nickle and dime" threads have to be read? Just move on. No need to subject yourself. You can't tell others how to think.

The OP could just have easily started a "positive" thread, yet they chose to create exactly what they are complaining about, yet another "nickel and dime" thread.

^This^, and why does the OP feel that those "nickle and dime" threads have to be read? Just move on. No need to subject yourself. You can't tell others how to think.

The OP could just have easily started a "positive" thread, yet they chose to create exactly what they are complaining about, yet another "nickel and dime" thread.

Apparently for a genuine NCL cheerleader, it is not enough to only say how wonderful NCL is --- people with other points of view should not express them.

I too love NCL, however under the new FDR administration, my stock has dropped from around $60 per share down to $38 yesterday. :mad: I might like the product if the company was making money for me with all the changes that have been made during the same period, but that's just not the case. So all the "nickle and diming" talk you dislike, IMHO is, in part, a result of those changes made to the NCL product. For me, I have a couple of weeks coming up the end of this month on the Gem, another week in April on the Dawn and 30 days booked on the Pearl in the fall of '17. That fact doesn't mean I approve of Corporate's policies, just that I enjoy the ships, crews, and especially the destinations, but hate the changes, and financial management. If posts on this board help to get rid of the current NCLH leadership, I'd be happy to see them continue.:)

Agree 100%!

I didn't start this post for any other reason than for people who genuinely enjoy their NCL cruise experiences to do so without having to listen to people complain endlessly. The question I always ask those people is why don't they just move on and cruise elsewhere. It's been my observation that many on CC overanalyze everything and lose sight of the reason they like to cruise. For us, that means relaxing, discovering (or rediscovering) interesting destinations, meeting up with new/old friends, being excessive, and remind eachother why we're in love. I could give a flying fig about H2O, Pepsi, or required tips and am certain that the vast majority of CC'ers agree.

Don"t get us wrong we love cruise's.

It's NCLH thats killin it.

It's one thing for a corp. to trim the fat .

But when it's trimmed to the bone all flavor's gone.

I have never cruised Elsewhere before this, Why would I now?? More disappointment ??

J.M.H.O.

Edited by biker@sea

I didn't start this post for any other reason than for people who genuinely enjoy their NCL cruise experiences to do so without having to listen to people complain endlessly. The question I always ask those people is why don't they just move on and cruise elsewhere. It's been my observation that many on CC overanalyze everything and lose sight of the reason they like to cruise. For us, that means relaxing, discovering (or rediscovering) interesting destinations, meeting up with new/old friends, being excessive, and remind eachother why we're in love. I could give a flying fig about H2O, Pepsi, or required tips and am certain that the vast majority of CC'ers agree.

Is there some sort of audio feed from this cruise forum, sort of like those audio books, which is plugged into your ears? I can't think of any other reason that anyone would be "having to listen to people complain endlessly". You do have to read this forum, and you can choose which threads you choose to read.

You could also choose only to post positive threads. For example, you could have chosen to title this thread "Anyone Else as Happy With NCL as I Am?", but this is a public forum, and you can't be surprised when people state opinions which differ from yours.

We too were completely happy with NCL for several years, no complaints whatsoever, but that has changed since the new management took over. And this forum is for discussion of both the positive and negative aspects. There are many reasons we still prefer NCL, and that is why we are still here, but we have the right to be a little disenchanted at times, and to state that here.

And.....there it is. That didn't take long. Well played and it only took a few posts to get right back to the negative.

"Get back to the negative"? This entire thread was framed in a negative context from the first post when the OP asked "Anyone Else Tired of Endless Nickel and Dime Threads?".

If he is truly tired of the negative, why not post something truly positive instead of complaining about the complainers?

We're sailing on the Breakaway the end of this month. Meeting up with a lovely couple we met on a cruise out of NY a couple of years ago. Got a really good deal on a forward facing Haven suite. $1500 pp plus the booze package, dining package, wi-fi, and waived DSC. The cabin service we receive from NCL is almost always great, so we'll just add what would otherwise be the DSC to our various onboard services. Getting psyched!

I didn't start this post for any other reason than for people who genuinely enjoy their NCL cruise experiences to do so without having to listen to people complain endlessly.

No you didn't. It was a complaint thread.

The question I always ask those people is why don't they just move on and cruise elsewhere.

I have.

It's been my observation that many on CC overanalyze everything and lose sight of the reason they like to cruise. For us, that means relaxing, discovering (or rediscovering) interesting destinations, meeting up with new/old friends, being excessive, and remind eachother why we're in love. I could give a flying fig about H2O, Pepsi, or required tips and am certain that the vast majority of CC'ers agree.

It's a shame that NCL has been on a campaign to cut back service without any new benefits over the last few years. Your apathy has been noted, but please allow others who truly love NCL to voice their disapproval.

Personally, it seems there are two reasons why NCL has been doing this. One, they're focused on entering the Chinese market. It's such a big market that they have no qualms about cannibalizing their existing markets to get a foothold. Building new ships requires capital, so they've been trying to maximize revenue. The bad news is that unless you live in China, you're not going to enjoy the fruits of these efforts, just fund them. Two, it's possible NCL wants to make itself attractive to another cruise-line for a buyout. Either way, the NCL loyalists are screwed.

Edited by Sizzlechest

...Call me a cheerleader but kindly keep your flaming thoughts to yourself. Let's have some happy talk.

I haven't kept my flaming thoughts to myself since I was 2 years old. I don't think I will be starting now.

Edited by DirtyDawg

Because it gives the same eight frequent repeat posters something to do during the day.

Edited by MrMan

I agree.

You don't need to read those posts. Its not a requirement of CC

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app