Updates from the Emerald Princess – On her way to Australia!- September/November 2016

You have very limited selection and normally they repeat the "movie of the day" the following day several set times as opposed to the new system which is fabulous with an enormous selection and the ability to pause/rewind etc - loved it on the Sun as it is something in the real world I rarely get to indulge in!

Thanks for the info good to know before we go on the Emerald later this year. I rarely get to the movies so I loved the wide selection on Diamond. What a shame I just assumed it was the same on Emerald ...bother :(. Obviously not a deal breaker LOL but dang it nonetheless in a 1st world kind of way :o

Thanks for the onboard updates as well...loving reading about your trip!

Edited by to_dee

I like the poms so being surrounded by them will be fun.....at least they give as good as they get when you stir them LOL

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Just stay out of the Spas. That's what the Arcadia ship's Dr told me when I got an ear infection. Too many bodies in them, having their daily ablution.

Edited by NSWP

I have never been in a ship's spa ever!

Good girl. Enjoy !! And don't forget the Great British Sailaway Party, up top, aft.

Edited by NSWP

It wasn't on the Golden in March.

Thanks Eileen. Princess must choose the ships that have this set up. If you're in your cabin watching movies, you're obviously not spending money on board ( drinking , playing pokies/bingo, shopping, etc.)

Enjoy your European cruises and the Aurora.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

Hi Kiwi Kruiser we are boarding in Sydney for Emeralds NZ leg, and want to organise a sail away gathering. Would the aft Horizon terrace be good or would you suggest elsewhere. Never having been on this ship would love some ideas. Not sure if there's a bar handy to horizon Tce either??? Any help much appreciated and happy [emoji316] Hallowe'en

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Kiwi Kruiser we are boarding in Sydney for Emeralds NZ leg, and want to organise a sail away gathering. Would the aft Horizon terrace be good or would you suggest elsewhere. Never having been on this ship would love some ideas. Not sure if there's a bar handy to horizon Tce either??? Any help much appreciated and happy [emoji316] Hallowe'en

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi there! We are on the cruise after you.

In case Stu doesnt get back to you soon, the aft deck is a fabulous spot for sailaway, there is a bar there and there will be lots of people enjoying the views of the harbour bridge as you sailaway.

The bar will definately be operating!!

I have enjoyed sailaways on both the Sapphire and Diamond in this spot.

Enjoy:)

Hi,Stu did you ever find out how all those guys got away with no India visa?I have a P&O worldie roll call waiting with baited breath,cheers,Brian.

From what I can gather talking to passengers who got and did not get India visits

I think this happened because of bad/wrong information been given by different groups (like from Princess Cruises, different travel agents, and govtment agency’s) and also the India vista website is very confusing and is a pain!

And maybe the check in staff in at Southampton may have also played a part in this (They might not have known that everyone needed a vista for India this because Princess, maybe did not tell them???)

You guys could also have the same issue as we had??, I would be interested to hear how you guys get on!

Hi Stu,thanks for that.It seems like a one off "turn a blind eye" situation,due to cockups and misinformation all round.P&O are adament that noone will board without a visa.Those guys without one were very lucky,cheers,Brian.

Here is a Panorama photo I took at sea on the 4th Nov :)

"As the weather was nice on the Emerald Princess I decided to try a Panorama photo at sea a try, here is the result :)"

14956390_10157688807400635_2497489197577896323_n.jpg?oh=27945d3ab79f9eaa84441cc9c67ab415&oe=588BF868

If you want to see it bigger, try this link:

(Hope it works :) ) Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

They have had their day in Phuket and have just arrived, local time, in Singapore.

2mnog2q.jpg

Hi David, Just found your posts and reading with much interest. We are doing the 3b2b cruises NCL leaving Auckland to Venice 18 February 2017. You have done some of the ports we are doing. I was interested to read about Cochin, India. Is it easy to walk off the ship and into 'Cochin'. If you see this post and have any spare time could you email me sue dot john @ clear dot net dot nz so I can follow you on that other very popular social media page. Happy cruising Sue :)

Hi there. Just found these posts. Following with much interest as we are doing 3b2bs Auckland to Venice leaving 18 February 2017. How did you go with getting your Indian Visa. We completed the forms yesterday and will go into the High Commission next week. Fingers crossed. Happy cruising. Sue

Hi David, Just found your posts and reading with much interest. We are doing the 3b2b cruises NCL leaving Auckland to Venice 18 February 2017. You have done some of the ports we are doing. I was interested to read about Cochin, India. Is it easy to walk off the ship and into 'Cochin'. If you see this post and have any spare time could you email me sue dot john @ clear dot net dot nz so I can follow you on that other very popular social media page. Happy cruising Sue :)

Sorry David. Re the media page. I have asked the wrong kiwi cruiser:)

One opf the easiest gs to do in Coichin is get a tuk tuk from the port and haggle to get 4 hours for about $8US or thereabouts and they will take you to the town if required After our experience I went back to the ship an d DH went to the drivers little hut and bought his driver a beer (which he shared with 3 others) they are lovely people and appreciate being treated as people not slaves

One opf the easiest gs to do in Coichin is get a tuk tuk from the port and haggle to get 4 hours for about $8US or thereabouts and they will take you to the town if required After our experience I went back to the ship an d DH went to the drivers little hut and bought his driver a beer (which he shared with 3 others) they are lovely people and appreciate being treated as people not slaves

Thank you :)

Hi there. Just found these posts. Following with much interest as we are doing 3b2bs Auckland to Venice leaving 18 February 2017. How did you go with getting your Indian Visa. We completed the forms yesterday and will go into the High Commission next week. Fingers crossed. Happy cruising. Sue

Sorry David. Re the media page. I have asked the wrong kiwi cruiser:)

Not a worry. Stu is the one on board now. However when we did a similar cruise 10 years ago we had to film out the forms and send them and the passports to the Indian Embassy in Wellington. I was a bit worried about posting them but they went and came back by tracked courier mail within the week, which was a relief