Plastic Water Bottles

seattleny

My son & bride left for their honeymoon yesterday on the Sunshine from NYC. Carnival confiscated their 12 bottles of water-saying no screw caps-just cans allowed. Is this something new - can only bring on cans now & no plastic bottles (water,juice,etc)?

Since about July. Actually, you can take plastic bottles on, they just have to be empty. I do this and then move my soda from the can to the bottle as needed once on board.

to be exact, its from July 2015 (over a year ago)

My son & bride left for their honeymoon yesterday on the Sunshine from NYC. Carnival confiscated their 12 bottles of water-saying no screw caps-just cans allowed. Is this something new - can only bring on cans now & no plastic bottles (water,juice,etc)?

Apparantly you forgot this was answered to you on Feb. 21.

This, as everyone has said, has been a hot topic here for months. I just wanted to add that Carnival has very reasonably priced bottled water on their website. I think it was $3.99 for a 6 pk of small bottles. You can order it, it will be delivered to your stateroom on embarkation day. Also GOLD level & higher VIFP will receive a complimentary large bottle of water in their cabin. It was too big to carry ashore, but fine to drink in the cabin.

Apparantly you forgot this was answered to you on Feb. 21.

Too funny. Boss, perhaps they misunderstood when you said "Nothing in plastic bottles" 8 months ago.

My EMPTy water bottle was taken from me when I boarded the Liberty in August.

Same thing happened to us in the Baltimore Port. He takes the empty bottle to pour the canned soda into. I kept saying, but it's empty. Sort of funny when you think about it. Right inside the terminal they sell bottle of water in the vending machine.

That is quite reasonable and worth it not to carry 12 bottles onboard.

Even more reasonable is drinking the water available all over the ship. It's free; you don't have to drag anything on board and it's environmentally-friendly.

I would rather pay $3.99 than have to carry on water!!

You are so right! A couple years ago we met a couple on the plane heading to the same cruise as us in San Juan. They didn't know they could carry on water and wine. We gave them directions to the CVS. A couple days later we run into them on the ship and the husband has an injured ankle. He rolled it on the way back to the ship carrying the case of water! I felt so bad for them and feel so much better paying for the water to be in my cabin when I get there.

How high a level of VIFP member to you need to be to have the complimentary water delivered to your cabin?

This, as everyone has said, has been a hot topic here for months. I just wanted to add that Carnival has very reasonably priced bottled water on their website. I think it was $3.99 for a 6 pk of small bottles. You can order it, it will be delivered to your stateroom on embarkation day. Also GOLD level & higher VIFP will receive a complimentary large bottle of water in their cabin. It was too big to carry ashore, but fine to drink in the cabin.

It is $3.99 for 12 bottles, 16.9 ounces each.

Thx for the correction, I didn't order it cause I just drank the complimentary water & my own thermal cup. I bought a Carnival thermal bottle a few cruises ago. Go to Lido, fill it with ice & water, wrap it in a hand towel - to carry ashore. Very convenient. The complimentary bottle isn't cold when delivered & our mini frig didn't get it much colder.

Edited by Banditswife

My EMPTy water bottle was taken from me when I boarded the Liberty in August.

Next time spring for $4 and have 12 bottles of water delivered to your room....empty out all the water if you want and you have 12 empty bottles....problem solved :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

I always bring 2 plastic containers, $1. each from Dollar Tree, we use them for water in the cabin. Though we do have 2 large free bottles in the room, we have, so far, never had any problem just filling up our own bottles with ice and drinking the water from the sink, when those run out. I just leave the ones we brought in the room when we depart. I do, also, take a nice large "tervis?" type of container to get the specialty coffees put in to. We have always gotten Cheers! and since the coffees are included, I like my own container, as it keeps it hotter than the ones they provide. I pack these in our carry on and have never had them confiscated. Makes no sense why they would take away an empty bottle from you, but, I can easily believe it. Sometimes people that are allowed a little "power" over others, just have to use it "because they can"!:(