Hotel in Miami

mja2573

Hi

Of course, everything depends on where you want to be and what you want to spend. Last year, we got a great deal at the Intercontinental with breakfast included but I have found them to be rather pricey lately. We've also stayed at the Holiday Inn POM & Marriott. All 3 are near the port & Bayside Market Place which is great for dining/shopping.

Next year, we're traveling with 8 others & booked at the Hilton MIA. We all got rooms for $134 with breakfast included and taking a private shuttle to the port ($52 for 10 passengers).

I've never tried Hampton Inn but that seems to be popular.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on the Escape in June and stayed at the Intercontinental Miami. It was a little pricey, but the room was huge and modern. I had a great view of the Escape the next morning. The room rate also included breakfast which was very good. I took a taxi to the port for about $20 from what I recall. Hope this helps!!

We are staying at the Hampton Inn since. The room rate was reasonable and it included breakfast, plus free parking in case we decide to drop off our rental the morning of the cruise. Looks nice on trip advisor and has good reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the Florida ports, we don't like to spend a great deal on the precruise hotel, as we drive to port and usually just want a good night's sleep the night before. So we don't stay right at the port or on the beach, since we don't need the amenities. We stay at a suburban location, usually getting a free or cheap room with our hotel or loyalty points. We usually park at an off-site facility and are shuttled to and from port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am looking at hotels also. As of right now I am leaning towards either intercontinental or YVE those are the 2 I hears most good reviews about. We are coming in a few days early and just want to relax.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We stayed at the EB hotel. The price was great for a magnificent room, with a complimentary upgrade to a hugh 2 room suite with a real breakfast included. Both the bar, restaurant and pool great. They had other amenities also.

Only negative is that you aren't in the heart of Miami. But if you are arriving the day before the cruise a perfect place to stay. Transfers to port available for a nominal fee.

Enjoy your cruise.

Where does everyone stay in Miami. We were looking to fly in a ay early for our cruise on the Escape. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You in advance.

Stayed a couple times at Hampton Miami/brickell. Also booked again for our trip in February. Clean, convenient, well run, etc.etc.etc.... food, shopping, grocery within walking distance. Metro rail and metro mover station about a block away. Imho, don't need to stay anywhere else. Hope this helps. Happy cruising!! Bill.

This is one of the most expensive hotel cities I've ever stayed in. C'mon $500 per night for a room. That's ridiculous. Even $250 is crazy. Anyway, we usually stay out by the airport somewhere where prices are a bit more reasonable. But we don't mind, it's just a bed, and we are not there to blow our money on hotel rooms. I did use points last time to stay at the Holiday Inn POM. It was nice, but certainly not worth the $300 bux a night. We are planning on going to the Miami Zoo this year, so will probably stay out that way somewhere.

Marriott, for us, is a consistent product. Last year (May) we stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay and are returning next month. Last week, I rebooked our room under their APR for $158 a night (very reasonable, and better than our original standard rate of $220.

I second the Hilton Miami Airport hotel that is on the Blue Lagoon. It was affordable and convenient. To get to the port, we just had the hotel book us a shuttle van.

We don't do much in the town pre-cruise except eat dinner and sleep. Intercontinental and the fancier hotels might be nice, but the way I see it, so is whatever ship we are going to embark on the next day.

We are planning to stay at the Marriott Cadillac Miami Beach pre and post cruise! It's right on the beach and seems to be pretty convenient to most things. We're just going to use Uber to get around and to and from the airport. But we like staying on the beach too, so then we can wake up with the sunrise over the ocean! :)

We stayed at the Comfort Suites near the airport before our first cruise. Not a great neighborhood, but a nice clean hotel with a great price and free shuttle to the port.

On our last cruise, we stayed at an Embassy Suites. Still near the airport with a decent price, a large room and breakfast included. No free shuttle, but it was like $26.00 for a taxi to the airport for 5 of us and luggage.

Mizzori, we stayed at the Yve once and won't return. Our room was so small we found it difficult to find a space to open our bags. Maybe we just were unlucky but that was our experience. In addition it has the smallest and therefore busiest elevator making checkout a nightmare.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We stayed at the YVE in their corner deluxe room. The view was amazing and we could see the ships pull in first thing in the morning. The room was def small but the windows made it feel larger. Storage was tight and the bathroom was tiny too but for 100 bucks a night (we got a deal online) it was worth it. I wouldn't stay there for a long stay but pre-cruise, it was doable. It was also incredibly clean and the location can't be beat!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We stayed at the Loews Hotel last week and the National the time before.

We love South Beach. The hotels are right on the beach, gorgeous, and you can walk to shops and restaurants. It's a quick 15 minute cab ride to the PoM.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bill,

Thank You,

How to do get to the hotel from airport. do that have a shuttle?

How do you get to the ship from there?

They don't have a shuttle. Cab is around 20-25.00 if I remember correctly. Cab to port is about 15.00 depending on what way you go. We have also taken the train from the airport to the hotel. I believe it is the orange route south. It's 2 or 3.00 per person. Get off at brickell station and walk a block and a half to the hotel. You can go on the Miami- dade website and see all the info you need. Hope this helps. Happy cruising!! Bill