Hotel in Miami

mja2573

We are planning to stay at the Marriott Cadillac Miami Beach pre and post cruise! It's right on the beach and seems to be pretty convenient to most things. We're just going to use Uber to get around and to and from the airport. But we like staying on the beach too, so then we can wake up with the sunrise over the ocean! :)

We stayed at the Cadillac a few years ago and loved the location and the tiki bar near the beach. We enjoyed walking the boardwalk in the mornings. The hotel was undergoing renovations at that time but that was nearly 3 years ago.

Where does everyone stay in Miami. We were looking to fly in a ay early for our cruise on the Escape. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You in advance.

We stayed at the Epic last November and loved it. It's 5 minutes or so by cab to the POM, a 10-15 minute walk to everything in the area, it has a nightly free wine hour in the lobby as well as the best Japanese restaurant I've eaten at in my life, Zuma. Rooms are huge as far as hotels go with big balconies overlooking either the city or Biscayne Bay, bathrooms have double sinks....it is just nice. lol Don't know your budget. I basically got to stay there because Celebrity screwed up the price to my benefit even though I tried to correct them 7 times. Ha. If you can swing it, I completely recommend.

Did you stay at the one on Minola Drive? Booked for this:

Please note: Complimentary shuttle service to the Port of Miami each morning. Register at the Front Desk during check-in to reserve your seat on our shuttle.

I think they include Breakfast but can't remember.

We stayed at Bentley Beach, at the end of South Beach. The best part was that our balcony overlooked the channel that the cruise ships use. They evening before our cruise we watched several ships leave port. The day of our cruise we got up extra early to watch our ship come in. The beach location was great and the short walk to Joe's Stone Crab provided a great dinner option.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are planning to stay at the Marriott Cadillac Miami Beach pre and post cruise! It's right on the beach and seems to be pretty convenient to most things. We're just going to use Uber to get around and to and from the airport. But we like staying on the beach too, so then we can wake up with the sunrise over the ocean! :)

I'd love to hear how this is as we are staying there next March, thanks!~

Where does everyone stay in Miami. We were looking to fly in a ay early for our cruise on the Escape. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You in advance.

I've stayed at 4 and I'll never stay at a fifth. The 4th was the Doubletree by Hilton Biscayne Bay. Perfect!!! You will NOT be disappointed!!!

• 2 months later...
Mizzori, we stayed at the Yve once and won't return. Our room was so small we found it difficult to find a space to open our bags. Maybe we just were unlucky but that was our experience. In addition it has the smallest and therefore busiest elevator making checkout a nightmare.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Debbie you were right this was the worst hotel I ever stayed at for the price we paid. The rooms were small but that was alright. But they stink and the toilet kept jamming and TV kept going in and out. Never again

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I don't have a hotel recommendation, but I do have a deals recommendation.

If you don't mind waiting until 1-2 weeks before your cruise to book the hotel, I recommend the HotelTonight app. They try to book last minute rooms so rooms are always at a reduced price. They only allow bookings 1-2 weeks beforehand so thats the only drawback, but theres always an abundance of rooms and always a deal.

Shameless plug: use HUNGUYEN6 for $25 bucks off your first booking.

We stayed at the Epic last November and loved it. It's 5 minutes or so by cab to the POM, a 10-15 minute walk to everything in the area, it has a nightly free wine hour in the lobby as well as the best Japanese restaurant I've eaten at in my life, Zuma. Rooms are huge as far as hotels go with big balconies overlooking either the city or Biscayne Bay, bathrooms have double sinks....it is just nice. lol Don't know your budget. I basically got to stay there because Celebrity screwed up the price to my benefit even though I tried to correct them 7 times. Ha. If you can swing it, I completely recommend.

We stay at the Epic - it is fantastic! Love the sushi restaurant (must get reservations well in advance if you want to try it.) We have also stayed at the Intercontinental, which is nice as well.

I was able to get a great rate on Expedia at the Kimpton Epic in a Junior Suite for two nights before our NCL Escape cruise in May. Zuma is also on our list to make sure we secure a reservation for dinner. Glad to hear you both loved the hotel.

The Pullman is on their website as a hotel they use. We are booked in for February.

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-destinations/caribbean-cruises#

Pullman Miami Airport

5800 Blue Lagoon Drive , Miami, Florida 33126

In a setting like a tropical paradise, Pullman Miami Airport is only 5 minutes from Miami International Airport, 15 minutes from the nearest beach and 10 minutes from the Port of Miami. In addition, it's an easy drive to a number of major attractions. Overlooking a peaceful blue lagoon, the hotel features an exquisitely decorated lobby in which striking tropical colours are paired with Art Deco design and sculpture. The overall effect is one of contemporary French ambiance, comfortable yet captivating. Complimentary shuttle service to/from airport is available at this property This airport property is a tropical paradise. Decorated in art deco style, it's minutes away from South beach, shopping malls and many other attractions. Our packages include transfer between hotel and pier ($30 USD value), taxes and luggage handling.

I refuse to pay $200 for a hotel room. I am not cheap, but don't need a fancy room, just a nice clean hotel. We found rooms for our November cruise at the LaQuinta East for $120 (King Bed). They also have airport and cruiseport shuttles.

We stayed at the Marriott Biscaye Bay this past June and are booking it again for our next cruise on the Escape. They have a military rate that can't be beat! What a beautiful hotel. You can see all the cruise ships from your window facing the bay. And a $12 cab ride to the port.:) Oh, and there's a mall beneath the hotel with all kinds of stores and places to eat.

:D

We have stayed near the port, and loved being near bayside market. I would have liked to stay at the Intercontinental, but the rest of our party (all family members) were at the B2 Miami. At the time it was horrible, staffing was impossible, but I understand it has been turned over, so as long as you are willing to do a lot of stairs, the YVE Miami is well situated, and generally a good price. When we were there in 2013, the staff was impossible, but I have heard that it's better now. The biggest issue is they only have one tiny elevator for guests and service (think giant service carts that take up the whole elevator) and you WILL wait forever with your bags to get to the lobby.

Our last cruise my sweet husband booked a room at The Beacon Hotel in South Beach. It is quite lovely, great if you are into the retro Miami feel, we were there for my 40th, but expect to spend $$$ for everything due to the location. The restaurants can be fab, or not, so you do need to do your homework, we had diner at Gloria Estaphan's Lario on the Beach which I can say was one of the best Caribbean food we have had , and worth the pretty penny you will spend. It does come down to what you want to pay. I would have been happy to stay in a less expensive hotel, but my husband likes to splurge [emoji6]

We stayed at Hampton in the financial district. Within walking distance to a number of restaurants & shopping, and a Publix (for picking up post-flight sunscreens etc). Pretty sure we got a shuttle to the port, but might have been a cab. I don't think we have stayed in any other Hampton that looked as fancy. Really nice area and prices dropped over the weekend because the business travelers went home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will say that you may not wish to deal with a port shuttle from your hotel. I have found them to be pricey in comparison to a taxi, and with a taxi you can leave at the time you want. I have never seen a shuttle price that beats the cost of a taxi.

We stayed at the Marriott Biscaye Bay this past June and are booking it again for our next cruise on the Escape. They have a military rate that can't be beat! What a beautiful hotel. You can see all the cruise ships from your window facing the bay. And a $12 cab ride to the port.:) Oh, and there's a mall beneath the hotel with all kinds of stores and places to eat.

:D

We are staying there pre-cruise January 1. I don't know what will be open that day, but all that is good to know! Thank you!

This is one of the most expensive hotel cities I've ever stayed in. C'mon $500 per night for a room. That's ridiculous. Even $250 is crazy. Anyway, we usually stay out by the airport somewhere where prices are a bit more reasonable. But we don't mind, it's just a bed, and we are not there to blow our money on hotel rooms. I did use points last time to stay at the Holiday Inn POM. It was nice, but certainly not worth the $300 bux a night. We are planning on going to the Miami Zoo this year, so will probably stay out that way somewhere.

The Miami airport area is dismal and a high crime area. If you don't want to pay the going rate for hotels, cruise out of another city.

We're there for 2 days pre cruise and are gonna give air bnb a try as there is five of us so works out cost effective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not use AirBnB out of Miami. They are constantly on our local news for scamming tourists out of their money.