Interior rooms on Regal

Sophie's Mom1

We are booking an interior room on the Regal for the Canada/New England sailing next September. We taking advantage of the 3 for Free promo before it expires next month. This is our first time on Princess and would like information on preferable decks and the advantage of a "sideway" room over a "normal" room. Thank you!

We are booking an interior room on the Regal for the Canada/New England sailing next September. We taking advantage of the 3 for Free promo before it expires next month. This is our first time on Princess and would like information on preferable decks and the advantage of a "sideway" room over a "normal" room. Thank you!

The sideways rooms have much more usable space - you enter into the sleeping area, with the closet and bathroom in a separate area. The only deck i would avoid is Marina, under the pool area. Not sure if there are any above the theatre but I would skip those as well if you're a light sleeper. They are a great cabin layout.

Avoid any that accomodate more than 2, as the upper berths

are mounted on the wall, and very intrusive.

Avoid any that accomodate more than 2, as the upper berths

are mounted on the wall, and very intrusive.

Ditto...

The side wall upper bunks are very intrusive on all Princess ships.. Avoid at all costs.

Srpilo

We had cabin B412 on Regal in 2015..it was fabulous. It was like the goldie locks room seemed to be close to all we needed to get to and from. It was a sideways one with no upper berths. I am a light sleeper and my side of the bed was nearest the door...had no issues. The room is gigantic feeling compared to the normal inside rooms. I was able to have a suitcase on the floor at one point and was still able to walk around it when it was in between the bed and desk. Just pulled it out from under the bed to toss dirty clothes in it. Also the shower run the length of the wall vs the normal corner style shower stalls and it has a neat little built in bench to put your leg up on for shaving or storing bottles. :D

Here are photos of the sideways interior cabins on the Royal Princess.

I was in C406 on Royal Princess for two weeks' date=' it's two cabins up from C418. Your cabin should look identical to this...

[b']C406[/b]

11210019424_1b3c8970a5_c.jpg

11210018684_49718c409d_c.jpg

11210020404_70a9c684a7_c.jpg

11210019654_7583014704_c.jpg

The sideways rooms have much more usable space - you enter into the sleeping area, with the closet and bathroom in a separate area. The only deck i would avoid is Marina, under the pool area. Not sure if there are any above the theatre but I would skip those as well if you're a light sleeper. They are a great cabin layout.

Another reason I'd avoid most of Marina deck is because the aft section is located under the buffet area.

The sideway rooms are by far better then the other insides.

Another reason I'd avoid most of Marina deck is because the aft section is located under the buffet area.
Been there, done that, never again. Horrible. Awful. The noise from the buffet started at 3:30am, loud enough to wake me up even though I was beneath a carpeted area. Had a sideways inside for ten days last April and loved the cabin and location (not on Marina deck.)

Is this true for the sideway cabins on the Grand princess?

The sideways cabins on the Grand-class ships (we were in one on Grand Princess this past August) are a bit deeper because the desk is against the corridor wall. But yes, it is about 20 sq ft. bigger than a normal inside. It's enough to make a difference.

We had the normal room last Feb. Plenty of storage as the closet is next to the bathroom. Room overall was nice. Bathroom was quite small. We liked the handheld showerhead. Water pressure was fairly low & the towels easily the worst we've EVER had. Small & rough like in a cheap motel. We saw & checked towels for outside cabins. They were no better. Other than that a nice ship overall.

For all the comments about the Marina deck insides, I stayed in 531 last year and never woke up once. I didn't hear any noise in that cabin! We were beneath the buffet but I'm not sure what section; it honestly was a great cabin for us on our cruise.

I have a sideways inside booked on the Regal for March 2017 thanks to all of the solid advice here! I called today to ensure that I wouldn't be upgraded to a "slightly better" inside category (only a full category upgrade to oceanview or higher), but the person at Princess that I talked to said there is no way to make this note on a booking. Is this correct, or should I be calling back again?

I have a sideways inside booked on the Regal for March 2017 thanks to all of the solid advice here! I called today to ensure that I wouldn't be upgraded to a "slightly better" inside category (only a full category upgrade to oceanview or higher), but the person at Princess that I talked to said there is no way to make this note on a booking. Is this correct, or should I be calling back again?

My sideways cabin on the Royal Princess is an IA category so the next higher category would have to be a balcony because there are no oceanview cabins on Royal-class ships.

Who is your booking source? I'd contact them to mark your reservation META which is to the next type of cabin such as from an inside to a balcony on the Regal.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Who is your booking source? I'd contact them to mark your reservation META which is to the next type of cabin such as from an inside to at least an oceanview type of cabin.

I booked through Princess, and just tried to call to have the META designation marked (although I did not know the terminology). The Princess Rep that I talked to said there was no way to do this, and not to worry as Princess calls or emails prior to any upgrade. Sounds like I should call back and try to talk to someone more knowledgeable?

Do not book an inside forward on Caribe deck 10, C204 - C217. These are right over the theater stage and there is open space beneath to the stage (used to hold sets, screens, etc. Had one of these rooms once and the sound level from the theater was loader than the TV set.

Edited by RDC1