Post Hurricane Matthew travel reviews

With Hurricane Matthew tearing thru the Bahamas and Haiti, there are several ports of call that may or may not have been impacted. Would love to hear from folks setting out on cruises in the weeks AFTER hurricane Matthew.

Particularly CocoCay, Labadee, Nassua - which may have been the most affected.

What are you experiencing on your port experiences? Are your shore excursions getting canceled? How has CocoCay and Labadee been affected?

This could help those that are scheduled to go on cruises in the weeks ahead that might want to find other things to do onshore or may even want to cancel their cruises if there is too much destruction or devastation; maybe some don't want to deal with itinerary changes on their cruises.

I know I am set to sail in a month and one of my things-to-do is Tiki Bikini Hut right on the beach in Nassau which MAY NOT even be there anymore. I know its still a month away, but some of these Caribbean islands don't have the resources to clean up and rebuild as quickly as we can here in the states.

So, would like to here POST hurricane updates - some ay benefit from this. Thanks.

We are scheduled to go out on the Allure of the Seas on 10/16. With Mathew doing a loop de Loop Im not sure what will happen.

Keep the faith:)

I've seen these things loop and fizzle out. Let's hope that is the case here.

Nonetheless, if you make it out let us know if you had and itinerary changes or shore excursion changes.

Safe travels!!

With Hurricane Matthew tearing thru the Bahamas and Haiti, there are several ports of call that may or may not have been impacted. Would love to hear from folks setting out on cruises in the weeks AFTER hurricane Matthew.

Particularly CocoCay, Labadee, Nassua - which may have been the most affected.

What are you experiencing on your port experiences? Are your shore excursions getting canceled? How has CocoCay and Labadee been affected?

This could help those that are scheduled to go on cruises in the weeks ahead that might want to find other things to do onshore or may even want to cancel their cruises if there is too much destruction or devastation; maybe some don't want to deal with itinerary changes on their cruises.

I know I am set to sail in a month and one of my things-to-do is Tiki Bikini Hut right on the beach in Nassau which MAY NOT even be there anymore. I know its still a month away, but some of these Caribbean islands don't have the resources to clean up and rebuild as quickly as we can here in the states.

So, would like to here POST hurricane updates - some may benefit from this. Thanks.

We sail on the 31st of this month. Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West.. I too am interested is seeing if anything will be canceled. If so, more OBC to spend on board, and we will sit on our balcony..

We are on the the 10/9 Allure sailing. We are supposed to stop Monday in Nassau followed by St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I am guessing we may skip Nassau and that they will substitute a Tuesday afternoon stop in San Juan. I am seeing only one other ship in SJU on Tuesday and it's one of the few ports that can handle an Oasis class ship. Anyone else have any thoughts on that guess?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Headed out of Miami on Empress on 10/29/16! Following! I was also wondering if Hotels that have been booked for pre cruise will be effected? We fly into Fort Lauderdale

I'm on the 10/15 Empress flying into Ft Lauderdale

Hope we get to go... We'll see...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're leaving on Oasis on the 15th. If the info is correct, I read on another thread we will substitute Nassau with either Grand Cayman or Turks & Caicos. Grand Cayman is way west, since we're also going to St. Maarten and St. Thomas. I'm guessing Turks & Caicos. RCI hasn't addressed this, as far as I know.