Coastal Kitchen access for Junior Suites on Oasis

CaroleC

For anyone still wondering whether Junior Suite guests have access to the Coastal Kitchen suite restaurant, we have just returned off the Oasis and were permitted to use it for dinner.

A letter was left in our Junior Suite on embarkation day inviting us to experience dinner there and advising reservations were required.

We ate there several times and can highly recommend it.

For anyone still wondering whether Junior Suite guests have access to the Coastal Kitchen suite restaurant, we have just returned off the Oasis and were permitted to use it for dinner.

A letter was left in our Junior Suite on embarkation day inviting us to experience dinner there and advising reservations were required.

We ate there several times and can highly recommend it.

I'm in a JS on allure in Jan...This is huge!

Was it complimentary?

Yes. The old Viking Crown Lounge has been converted into the Coastal Kitchen restaurant and suite lounge. They are separated by a nice bar area and Junior Suite guests can use both in the evenings. Access is gained by swiping your sea pass card in the outer door.

Although the menu is not vastly extensive, we found the food quality and service to be superior to that in the main restaurant.

Have a great time 😀🛳

Yes. The old Viking Crown Lounge has been converted into the Coastal Kitchen restaurant and suite lounge. They are separated by a nice bar area and Junior Suite guests can use both in the evenings. Access is gained by swiping your sea pass card in the outer door.

Although the menu is not vastly extensive, we found the food quality and service to be superior to that in the main restaurant.

Have a great time 😀🛳

I'm literally over the moon if this continues to be the case.

I got a cheap deal from the upset fairy to go to a JS. I am so so so excited they just need to keep this up until january!!

I'm literally over the moon if this continues to be the case.

I got a cheap deal from the upset fairy to go to a JS. I am so so so excited they just need to keep this up until january!!

Dinner access to CK for Junior Suites is part of the new Royal Suite Class program on Oasis and Quantum Class. This perk will most likely be around for awhile.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

No access to the suite lounge (or drinks), just access to the CK side.

This is not correct, we'll certainly not recently on the Oasis which we were on a couple of weeks ago.

We ate in the restaurant several times, drinks were most definitely included and we had access to the lounge also. In fact, one evening, the waiter took our (complimentary) drinks over from the restaurant to the lounge for us.

This is not correct, we'll certainly not recently on the Oasis which we were on a couple of weeks ago.

We ate in the restaurant several times, drinks were most definitely included and we had access to the lounge also. In fact, one evening, the waiter took our (complimentary) drinks over from the restaurant to the lounge for us.

Then you were fortunate to be given perks outside of the rules.

Others cannot expect to have access to the Suite Lounge just by virtue of being JS guests. The Suite Lounge restricts access to guests in GS or better staterooms and Pinnacle level C&A members.

Junior Suites are great, the only problem is you don't want to return to standard cabins after 😉

Others cannot expect to have access to the Suite Lounge just by virtue of being JS guests. The Suite Lounge restricts access to guests in GS or better staterooms and Pinnacle level C&A members.

Now you've got me doubting myself Bob 🙀. However, my husband has just reminded me that one evening we went to go into CK but used the Lounge entrance accidentally. Our sea pass cards certainly gained us access into the lounge.

Now you've got me doubting myself Bob 🙀. However, my husband has just reminded me that one evening we went to go into CK but used the Lounge entrance accidentally. Our sea pass cards certainly gained us access into the lounge.

If your SeaPass card was not gold in color, and it opened the door to the Suite lounge, then you benefited from a policy that is universal.

Thanks for reporting on the JS access. Every time we have been in we have had guest and the bt's/waiters always treat them just like one of the regulars, very relaxed.

If your SeaPass card was not gold in color, and it opened the door to the Suite lounge, then you benefited from a policy that is universal.

Our cards were a deep blue colour. Not sure what else to say really, all I know is we ate in CK, had complimentary drinks in there and had access to the suite lounge. Not sure now, with what you've said, if our access to the lounge was a mistake somehow but that wouldn't explain why we were invited to use it by the waiter in CK 🤔.

We're Diamond members btw but I don't think that would have made a difference?

Our cards were a deep blue colour. Not sure what else to say really, all I know is we ate in CK, had complimentary drinks in there and had access to the suite lounge. Not sure now, with what you've said, if our access to the lounge was a mistake somehow but that wouldn't explain why we were invited to use it by the waiter in CK 🤔.

Being Diamond would not have made any difference in access to the SUite Lounge.

Each ship can implement policy in a different way, sometimes varying sailing to sailing. The only reason I mention the policies is so that others without gold colored SeaPass cards don't expect access to the Suite Lounge.

Our cards were a deep blue colour. Not sure what else to say really, all I know is we ate in CK, had complimentary drinks in there and had access to the suite lounge. Not sure now, with what you've said, if our access to the lounge was a mistake somehow but that wouldn't explain why we were invited to use it by the waiter in CK [emoji848].

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but that is not the norm. You lucked out. The server probably didn't know you didn't know you were in a JS. Star Class have black Seapass cards, GS and higher have a deep plum color and Pinnacles have white. They all have access to the Suite Lounge. Servers in CK are very nice and bend over backwards to please their guests.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Being Diamond would not have made any difference in access to the SUite Lounge.

Each ship can implement policy in a different way, sometimes varying sailing to sailing. The only reason I mention the policies is so that others without gold colored SeaPass cards don't expect access to the Suite Lounge.

Thanks Bob, I'm thinking now that the Suite Lounge access was either a mistake or perhaps a one off on our sailing. Anyways, l definitely won't be expecting it in the future. Fingers crossed though evening dining with complimentary drinks in CK will continue for JS guests 🤗

The main consensus here is: jr suites are still not allowed in the suites lounge but no one is going to tell you no if you try.

Especially after sucking up to you after a 2 hour long dinner in CK.

Suite lounge here I come!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Was on allure in june. Our cards didn't even open the door to coastal kitchen. The hostess had to open the door for us. Could make reservations for dinner only. Did not get any alcoholic drinks also. Maybe the coastal kitchen in oasis is operating a little different than allure?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk