Norwegian cruise

cheerldrmom

Have never done a Norwegian cruise. Looking at doing a Hawaii cruise with them as they leave from Honolulu. Most other lines are at sea for a few days before and after which I would love but is the Pacific Ocean rough like the Atlantic then nope. Any thoughts. Thanks

Have never done a Norwegian cruise. Looking at doing a Hawaii cruise with them as they leave from Honolulu. Most other lines are at sea for a few days before and after which I would love but is the Pacific Ocean rough like the Atlantic then nope. Any thoughts. Thanks

Hi there

These two types of cruises are very different from one another.

The NCL ship that go around the islands are giving you much more time in Hawaii. Of course you would have to fly to Hawaii/return as well. You could take this opportunity to spend some extra time at a land based venue as well.

The flight was much too long for us to consider that option. We went on a Carnival cruise leaving from Long Beach return. Had a great time. This was in early Dec. , seas weren't too rough, maybe a bit each way one day.

I did want to point out that there were 5 sea days each way. You would have to enjoy days at sea to do this trip. In contrast we only had 5 stops in Hawaii. Your only other option would be the one way trips, I believe leaving from B.C. or I think some might leave from California with a stop in Ensenada or vise versa, starting in Hawaii.

You should ask on the NCL board to get opinions about the NCL cruises. Certainly go on the Hawaii and West coast departures threads to ask about people's experience on other cruise lines.

Take your time deciding either choice is a big trip.

have a great cruise

If you view the NCL cruise as a taxi service around the islands than "go for it". As far as if you consider it as a "cruise" it is far from that. Eat off the ship for on our cruise the food was horrible as well as the room attendant. But an easy way to see multiple islands.

Our last three cruises were the RTs from LA on Princess. We love sea days, but I don't like flying. so it was a great choice for me, especially as there's many on board activities (Princess has a great Hawaiian cultural program on its Hawaiian cruises).

If I was going to fly to Hawaii (I've done two land trips there), then I would rather stay on one island, and after a few days, fly to another.

Hi there

These two types of cruises are very different from one another.

The NCL ship that go around the islands are giving you much more time in Hawaii. Of course you would have to fly to Hawaii/return as well. You could take this opportunity to spend some extra time at a land based venue as well.

The flight was much too long for us to consider that option. We went on a Carnival cruise leaving from Long Beach return. Had a great time. This was in early Dec. , seas weren't too rough, maybe a bit each way one day.

I did want to point out that there were 5 sea days each way. You would have to enjoy days at sea to do this trip. In contrast we only had 5 stops in Hawaii. Your only other option would be the one way trips, I believe leaving from B.C. or I think some might leave from California with a stop in Ensenada or vise versa, starting in Hawaii.

You should ask on the NCL board to get opinions about the NCL cruises. Certainly go on the Hawaii and West coast departures threads to ask about people's experience on other cruise lines.

Take your time deciding either choice is a big trip.

have a great cruise

Any one way cruises to Hawaii must begin or end in a foreign port (Ensenada or Victoria/Vancouver typically). There are no one way cruises to/from California.

If you've never been to Hawaii, a land-based vacation will allow you more time to see all there is in Hawaii...a cruise is but a "taste" of what is offered....

...as would be the case with any cruise. :rolleyes: Also wasn't remotely what the OP asked.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I just looked out the window here in Pacifica Ca, Yup there's a wave, nope,yup,nope, yup,nope, yupnopeyupnopeyupnopeyupnope HMM maybe ..... Nope:D I have sailed Pacific, Atlantic Carribean, S China and they were both rough and smooth as glass. It's the ocean.

Edited by WupperAV

I think that it would be fair to say that the Atlantic is calm when compared to the Pacific.