Birthday dinner suggestion Infinity

lawgirl

I will be celebrating my birthday on a sea day on Infinity. I love Italian food, mostly just pasta and red sauce, so my plan was to go to Tuscan Grille.... But (1) the new updated menu doesn't look great and is getting terrible reviews and (2) what is up with stupid al a carte pricing in Tuscan on Infinity? Half the fun is ordering new things to try or not worrying about paying if you don't like a dish...

Plus, Tuscan Grill took off spaghetti and meatballs...there isn't even a dish of pasta with red sauce on the menu! (Maybe they could make it?)

So, where would you dine? We are in a suite, so Luminae is an option.... Maybe if I ask ahead they could even make pasta and red sauce with meatballs.... Qsine looks fun, but not sure about a romantic nice birthday meal...I guess my options kind of stink.... Last time we ate at USS Olympic...now THAT was a restaurant. Such a loss of those restaurants.

Thanks for advice!

Either dinner on the balcony or Luminae. Qzine is fun once or twice but IMHO not a venue for a romantic birthday dinner. Haven't tried the new Tuscan menu so no help there. I would suggest you talk to the Luminae MaitreD and see if they can do a pasta with red sauce for your birthday. With a day or 2 advance notice that may be the best option.

I will be celebrating my birthday on a sea day on Infinity. I love Italian food, mostly just pasta and red sauce, so my plan was to go to Tuscan Grille.... But (1) the new updated menu doesn't look great and is getting terrible reviews and (2) what is up with stupid al a carte pricing in Tuscan on Infinity? Half the fun is ordering new things to try or not worrying about paying if you don't like a dish...

Plus, Tuscan Grill took off spaghetti and meatballs...there isn't even a dish of pasta with red sauce on the menu! (Maybe they could make it?)

So, where would you dine? We are in a suite, so Luminae is an option.... Maybe if I ask ahead they could even make pasta and red sauce with meatballs.... Qsine looks fun, but not sure about a romantic nice birthday meal...I guess my options kind of stink.... Last time we ate at USS Olympic...now THAT was a restaurant. Such a loss of those restaurants.

Thanks for advice!

Once onboard speak to your butler about a dinner in your suite- he/she will arrange everything. Or speak to the Michael's Club concierge (Erick). He is quite good and will perhaps give you other options such as a customized dinner.

Someone posted that Infinity only had the a la carte menu for Pres cruise and is now back to fixed price

We'll give it a try...for us spaghetti and meatballs is standard fare....cooking up a large batch with sausages & bracciole (sp?) this week....next week Chile

Bcony dinner sounds lovely..happy birthday!

• 3 weeks later...

The Tuscan Grill most certainly has pasta with red sauce AND meatballs. Pricing is all-inclusive, not a lacarte.

But please order the filet mignon - it's perfectly prepared and prime quality.

We enjoyed the Tuscan Grille for lunch and dinner on our cruise. everything was delicious.

Not sure when Cruisie was last on the Infinity but we were on in September. The menu was a la carte and quite frankly the food we were served left much to be desired. Certainly nothing special. Totally different from our experience on the Silhouette in the summer.

I had my birthday a couple of weeks ago on the Solstice and although we ate in the MDR a complimentary birthday cake was provided as dessert and the staff sang happy birthday. A nice touch. The cake was a chocolate fudge and so filling and rich