Weather in Venice and Athens in mid-March.

Sunseeker1001

Anyone experience this area in March? Want to know if it is likely going to be too cold to appreciate the tours or too rainy. Tried to check on internet but get "chamber of commerce/visitor's bureau" reports....not unbiased ones.

There are many many hard data sites on the internet that will give you weather and climate data. For example, it took me about 2 minutes to find this site - https://weatherspark.com/averages/32181/3/Athens-Athina-Attica-Greece

DON

Thanks for the replies about various websites with historical weather information. I had viewed some and was still unsure about whether I wanted to go or not. Was also looking for feedback from people who had made such a trip at that time of the year. DECISIONS, DECISIONS.

Thanks for the replies about various websites with historical weather information. I had viewed some and was still unsure about whether I wanted to go or not. Was also looking for feedback from people who had made such a trip at that time of the year. DECISIONS, DECISIONS.

We were in Athens this year in early March and it was 23º and sunny. You never know with the weather as we encountered rain and rougher seas later in the trip and missed Palermo and stopped at Messina instead.

We were in Athens this year in early March and it was 23º and sunny. You never know with the weather as we encountered rain and rougher seas later in the trip and missed Palermo and stopped at Messina instead.

Since the majority of the people here on Cruise Critic are from the US, it is important to point out that you mean 23 C NOT 23 F. (For the US readers not familiar with Celsius, 23 C is about 72 F!!)

I was in Venice in mid March a couple of years ago. A lot of chilly, pouring rain...and a little snow. I love Venice and experiencing snow there was magical!

Never been to Venice and I am hoping that I do not get any magical snow or pouring rain. But....it will be what is will be and I'll adjust.