Just off the Vista....Pros and Cons list and anything else you want to ask

bassmaster150

Going on Vista Mar 5th. How was the JiJi Asian? What is the upcharge for eating there and how hard to get reservations? Thank you in advance for your reply.

If I remember correctly, it is $15 cover per person. The food is outstanding as we ate there twice on our cruise. We made our reservations on carnival.com prior to our sailing, but you can just walk up to the restaurant during lunch time or whenever and make reservations. It is just above the Lido deck buffet area. The stairs can be trick to find but someone can guide you there if you ask. Also, if you show up early, they would probably seat you anyways.

HI all!

LibratPDX ~ I don't remember them swiping the card but they do ask your cabin number before taking your photo. It was funny, I'm a senior white woman & some of my photos were of a group of 3 African Americans! I told the photo guy & he said the cabin number must have been wrong.;)

It would be great if that photo system was on all ships, no more searching through piles for your picture & no waste of paper, as they don't print them until you order them.

JiJi was one restaurant I didn't try for lunch as I'm not big on sushi but I must say it smelled great. It's not free but Mongolian Wok was & it was yummy & busy enough they gave out pagers.

~ Jo ~ :)

HI all!

LibratPDX ~ I don't remember them swiping the card but they do ask your cabin number before taking your photo. It was funny, I'm a senior white woman & some of my photos were of a group of 3 African Americans! I told the photo guy & he said the cabin number must have been wrong.;)

It would be great if that photo system was on all ships, no more searching through piles for your picture & no waste of paper, as they don't print them until you order them.

JiJi was one restaurant I didn't try for lunch as I'm not big on sushi but I must say it smelled great. It's not free but Mongolian Wok was & it was yummy & busy enough they gave out pagers.

~ Jo ~ :)

JiJi Asian does not have sushi, that is Bonsai Sushi. JiJi Asian is the restaurant that serves a mongolian lunch, you pick your noodle, protein, and veggies and it is cooked for you

do you need reservations for Lunch for the mongolian lunch?

No, you do not need lunch reservations, but it can get crowded at peak times (noonish). I ate there several times on my 3 legs. There tends to be lots of noodles, which I love, so if you want less, you might let them know on your order.

I also ate several times at Bonsai Sushi. I only like veggie sushi, but I went for the Ramen. Love the Ramen.

Also went to Cucina for lunch and dinner. Ordered a half order at lunch, and it was still plenty.

$15pp for dinner and it was 3 courses, plus bread.

No, you do not need lunch reservations, but it can get crowded at peak times (noonish). I ate there several times on my 3 legs. There tends to be lots of noodles, which I love, so if you want less, you might let them know on your order.

So JiJi at lunch is not the same process as Mongolian Wok on other ships, where you pick your veggies and meats/protein and hand it to them to cook, and then wait for it? How do they handle the lunch ordering at JiJi?

So JiJi at lunch is not the same process as Mongolian Wok on other ships, where you pick your veggies and meats/protein and hand it to them to cook, and then wait for it? How do they handle the lunch ordering at JiJi?

It is basically the same, but you are seated at a table, and waitstaff will collect your paper with your preferences. You will receive your order sheet from a hostess when entering dining area. You will still select protein, veggies, noodle and sauce.

Even if you add on all the surcharges Carnival is still cheaper than Celebrity!

Not necessarily true. I have found some single solo fares on Celebrity less than Carnival, especially out of San Juan.

When Celebrity adds freebies to their fares, it pays to compare the total cost of a drink package and fare with Carnival against Celebrity.

It pays to be a comparision shopper and not assume that Carnival is always less.

It is basically the same, but you are seated at a table, and waitstaff will collect your paper with your preferences. You will receive your order sheet from a hostess when entering dining area. You will still select protein, veggies, noodle and sauce.

aw, that sucks. My honey does not like the mongolian station. so it was easy for me to go get my food and meet him at the table.

for lunch is there anything besides the mongolian>?

aw, that sucks. My honey does not like the mongolian station. so it was easy for me to go get my food and meet him at the table.

I saw and heard a couple who we're eating at the Cucina and Jiji for lunch. They sat in Cucina and were allowed to order from each menu.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

I don't see any reason why he couldn't go get what he wants and join you in JiJi's, or once you get your bowl, just go join him someplace else. There aren't any rules about where you can eat the food.

Going on Vista Mar 5th. How was the JiJi Asian? What is the upcharge for eating there and how hard to get reservations? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Hi, just thought you would like to see the pics of my meal at JiJi that are in my review. It was $15 and was easy to get reservations. The pics start at post 122. :)

Well, that's a little disappointing as I prefer to "select my own" and then have them stir-fry it, but it's better than no Mongolian Wok at all..... (I'm lookin' at YOU, Conquest! :) )

Well, that's a little disappointing as I prefer to "select my own" and then have them stir-fry it, but it's better than no Mongolian Wok at all..... (I'm lookin' at YOU, Conquest! :) )

Yo still select your own...but instead of standing and pointing at what you want, you select everything on a piece of paper. It is still stir fried individually. There are several proteins, quite a few veggie slelections, 3 noodle choices and 3 sauces.

I much prefer sitting at a table and having the food brought to me, than standing in a long line.

Hi, Do you know if it is possible to find out which movies will be playing in Imax theater before the cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you check which movies will be released (google) in the time frame of your cruise, there is a good chance they will be showing, especially if an action movie. I guessed beforehand which would be showing before my cruises.

Glad to hear about the situation regarding the photos......so that means they must swipe your S&S card when they take your photo? I hope they incorporate on the other ships SOON!

Actually they don't scan your S&S card. They use facial recognition software to do the trick. They scan in your passport photo, and apparently the software is good enough that it can find your photos.

What did you eat at JiJi. I am hoping to try the Mongolian but heard this free

I am a big fan of the Chicken Kung Pao and the Wide Flat Noodles. I ate that every time we went. The mongolian grill is in JiJi during lunch and it is free just like the pasta bar is in Cucina del Capitan during lunch as well.