Royal Room#E411 / Hidden secrets

Vicjac

Does anyone have pictures or information on E411? I know that it is an obstructed cabin. I just don't know how obstructed it is. Any info would be great.

Also any inside information regarding the Royal would also be great.

Example: Winemaker's Dinner

Thanks,

Edited by Vicjac

We have a similar cabin booked for a spring transatlantic, but have never sailed on the Royal.

I've done enough prowling around (can't really call it research) to say that the "obstruction" is pretty insignificant. It is just that if you look down, you see the Promenade deck area instead of the water. If you look straight out, there is no obstruction.

Jim

Does anyone have pictures or information on E411? I know that it is an obstructed cabin. I just don't know how obstructed it is. Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Here you go for photo of what your cabin view would look like - no obstruction when looking straight out:

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

As for other ship info, tons of threads here about Royal/Regal, tips and such. Winemaker's Dinner is one of the best value specialty dining options on the ship, sign up at DINE line or specialty dining table right away upon boarding. Alfredo's is a lovely no fee sit down eatery for a change from buffet or grill, great for embarkation lunch too.

Beautiful ship, I'm sure you'll enjoy her!

Thanks,

Here you go, pictures of the Emerald deck on the Royal/Regal Princess.

Theo

Here you go for photo of what your cabin view would look like - no obstruction when looking straight out:

As for other ship info, tons of threads here about Royal/Regal, tips and such. Winemaker's Dinner is one of the best value specialty dining options on the ship, sign up at DINE line or specialty dining table right away upon boarding. Alfredo's is a lovely no fee sit down eatery for a change from buffet or grill, great for embarkation lunch too.

Beautiful ship, I'm sure you'll enjoy her!

How come you beat me to it :D.

Theo

We stayed in E411 and loved it. There is no obstruction. Immediately beneath the balcony is the roof for the sitting area of the Promenade deck. I guess this is what they call the obstruction. You can look directly out at the ocean while sitting on your balcony. The balcony is bigger than the standard balconies on the Royal. We enjoyed it a lot. This is also a slightly bigger cabin as it is has a loveseat instead of a chair. We have booked this cabin again in March.

Sarah

The Winemakers Dinner for $40 with free flowing wine throughout the meal is great. It's in the ATD rooms "Wine Cellar" but like the Chef's Table is limited to 10 passengers & only done once or twice per week.

Here are the menus & all 3 of ours have been the Michael Mondavi filet mignon which the headwaiter said is most popular with passengers.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/wine_makers_menu_2-oct-13_without_price.pdf

The frozen treats at Gelato's ($3.50 or 1 coffee card punch), a multi course Alfredo's Pizzeria meal (http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/rp-alfredos_pizzeria-23-may-13.pdf) and a Crab Margarita ($6) at Ocean Seafood Bar are all great.

Wow, thanks everyone for your comments. Love it!!! Keep them coming. Sailing for 10 days in Feb.

A great buffet & the Royal and Regal are the only Princess ships that provide free filtered coffee made from ground coffee. Free coffee on other Princess ships is made from concentrated coffee & the consensus is that is not nearly as good.

A great on-demand in cabin TV system with recent movies & the day after it's shown on Movies Under The Stars (MUTS) the movie is available in the cabin which one person described as also MUTS...Movies Under The "Sheets". ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Shhhh...Don't tell everyone our secret! E411 is a superior balcony cabin with a balcony twice as wide as the usual Royal Princess balconies. It overlooks the Promenade, but it IS NOT OBSTRUCTED in the sense that most obstructed cabins have views hindered by lifeboats/tenders. This cabin is priced as an obstructed cabin. I had one on the Regal, and I am sailing in E409 on the Royal in 8 days!! Book it; enjoy!

• 1 month later...
Shhhh...Don't tell everyone our secret! E411 is a superior balcony cabin with a balcony twice as wide as the usual Royal Princess balconies. It overlooks the Promenade, but it IS NOT OBSTRUCTED in the sense that most obstructed cabins have views hindered by lifeboats/tenders. This cabin is priced as an obstructed cabin. I had one on the Regal, and I am sailing in E409 on the Royal in 8 days!! Book it; enjoy!

We're in E409 on Regal in Feb. We've sailed in these Royal/Regal midship Emerald deck "obstructed" cabins, but never one of the deluxe ones. I can see that the trade-off for having the loveseat is less counter space for frig and smaller vanity table. How did you like it?

Now, after staying in both a standard balcony and a deluxe balcony on the Regal/Royal, I love the deluxe. The loss of vanity space was not noticeable. We loved the love seat. That whole part of the cabin felt less congested and easier access to the balcony. I would not pay much extra for it, but if we can get good deals in the future, would book it again. Enjoy E409 - best midship balcony. Period!!

• 4 years later...
On 12/1/2016 at 1:53 PM, Love resorts and cruises said:

Now, after staying in both a standard balcony and a deluxe balcony on the Regal/Royal, I love the deluxe. The loss of vanity space was not noticeable. We loved the love seat. That whole part of the cabin felt less congested and easier access to the balcony. I would not pay much extra for it, but if we can get good deals in the future, would book it again. Enjoy E409 - best midship balcony. Period!!

Am I correct in saying that you not only lose vanity space but also a full set of 3 drawers too?

On 10/13/2016 at 8:21 PM, Astro Flyer said:

The frozen treats at Gelato's ($3.50 or 1 coffee card punch), a multi course Alfredo's Pizzeria meal (http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/rp-alfredos_pizzeria-23-may-13.pdf) and a Crab Margarita ($6) at Ocean Seafood Bar are all great.

Are they back to allowing a "punch" for gelato? I thought they stopped that.