excursions which is cheaper ?

jono mono

I have never seen shore excursions go down nor "specials" on board.

I have seen them go up in some cases as they try to add additional vehicles/buses/whatever.

If there is a shore excursion you want, book it. There are no bargains later IMO.

• Currency changes can cause the price to go up and down.
  • Availability is the issue.... popular marine and flight excursions will be the first to sell out.
  • it may be cheaper to go private.... but you are taking a chance if the boat needs to leave without you.

@jono mono: Where are you cruising?

I think I did see a "special" on tour excursions on a cruise a few years ago. Can't remember if it was HAL or Cunard, but I remember being surprised. usually the price is the price, whether you buy before or onboard.

I agree with the advice to book in advance, especially if it's something you'd really be disappointed to miss. if you have a lot of OBC, you might wait on booking some excursions for ports where there's more than one you'd be happy with.

I'd save the OBC for alcohol, coffee, and photos and prebook the shore excursions.

We ended up having to cancel our shore excursions, and that credit helped us when we had to visit the infirmary.

We booked a small group excursion. Seven or eight hours, and they stuck us in a mini-bus that had too many seats jammed in there giving us really poor legroom. Still, the smaller group was nice.

Edited by knittinggirl