Advice on clothing to take for upcoming cruise

Bpos

Assuming you are travelling Singapore to Sydney.

As the Captain takes a right on entering Sydney Harbour, take the hanky with the Aussie flag on it, off your head with pride, to wipe away your tears as you pass those Aussie icons, Kirribilli, the Opera House and the Bridge and sing Waltzing Matilda, confusing the Yanks and the Poms with your choice of song. It may be quite chilly at 7 am in the morning so don't forget your ugg boots.

Assuming you are travelling Singapore to Sydney.

As the Captain takes a right on entering Sydney Harbour, take the hanky with the Aussie flag on it, off your head with pride, to wipe away your tears as you pass those Aussie icons, Kirribilli, the Opera House and the Bridge and sing Waltzing Matilda, confusing the Yanks and the Poms with your choice of song. It may be quite chilly at 7 am in the morning so don't forget your ugg boots.

I actually take a small Aussie flag that I hang on the balcony door. Maybe I can use it on my cruise.

Don't need uggys I'll just wear thongs.

Damn you guys are hilarious. Are you bored CC took away your page about visiting Australia. Sad about that, it was a great page with nonsense advice about watching out for drop bears etc..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Best advice a visitor could get is "Watch for drop bears" deadly those things.

I have just realised that we shall be at sea on the Celebrity Solstice between Darwin and Cairns on 8 November - USA's Presidential Election Day.

Bearing this in mind, I have just ordered two T Shirts to wear on the day.

On the front of the T Shirt we shall have the two Presidential candidates photos (both holding hands) and underneath the words "may the best person win"

Not good form to show any preferential bias to our USA passengers which might sway the vote either way.

After the vote is over and the result known perhaps we could burn the T Shirts on the lawn area on the top deck or auction them off to defray the outrageous cost of our suite

Edited by Bpos
diction

Damn you guys are hilarious. Are you bored CC took away your page about visiting Australia. Sad about that, it was a great page with nonsense advice about watching out for drop bears etc..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yep now they won't let us take the pith out of anything :cool:

Multi flagged budgie smugglers, that'd be smick.

Had to explain to one. Female CD that shielas don't wear budgie smugglers, 'cause they don't have a budgie.

Depends on which country or night club you visit, Thailand for instance.:eek:

I will go to the pool at 6.00 am and use the towels to reserve the best sun loungers for our 11.30 am swim - surely no one will touch our towels while we sleep in and have a long champagne breakfast on our aft balcony each day.

Great plan, but as the poms are on board you may need to get up at 5.30am to get the chair.:rolleyes:

I have just realised that we shall be at sea on the Celebrity Solstice between Darwin and Cairns on 8 November - USA's Presidential Election Day.

Bearing this in mind, I have just ordered two T Shirts to wear on the day.

On the front of the T Shirt we shall have the two Presidential candidates photos (both holding hands) and underneath the words "may the best person win"

Not good form to show any preferential bias to our USA passengers which might sway the vote either way.

After the vote is over and the result known perhaps we could burn the T Shirts on the lawn area on the top deck or auction them off to defray the outrageous cost of our suite

You are on a roll, absolutely full of it today.:D

BTW, It= good ideas.:p

And Bpos please, leave your Pet EMU at home, at least if you bring it, order it room service 24/7 lol.

You may bring the Emu up from your cabin to the Solstice Lawn after midnight, just for a peck in the night sea air.

Gawd, why did Uncle Les become involved in this thread?

Edited by NSWP

You are on a roll, absolutely full of it today.:D

BTW, It= good ideas.:p

Well Mic, as you know the Solstice is undergoing refurbishment in Singapore prior to our cruise and I decided it was time to refurbish our cruise clothing as well - it's as simple as that.

And besides, all my white singlet tops are so stained by food, beer and wine droppings from use over the years someone recently asked me where they could buy one the same as mine.

They thought my singlet had been tie dyed - amazing, how about that!

Well Mic, as you know the Solstice is undergoing refurbishment in Singapore prior to our cruise and I decided it was time to refurbish our cruise clothing as well - it's as simple as that.

And besides, all my white singlet tops are so stained by food, beer and wine droppings from use over the years someone recently asked me where they could buy one the same as mine.

Wear your old footy jumper to absorb the misplaced food/drink.

Above all enjoy.

Edited by NSWP

And Bpos please, leave the 'blow up sheep' at home, or at least if you bring it, order it room service 24/7 lol.

You may bring the sheep up from your cabin to the Solstice Lawn after midnight, just for a graze in the night sea air.

Choice Bro and God Bless Nu Ziland.

Gawd, why did Uncle Les become involved in this thread?

Trust someone to bring up inflatable sheep [emoji207][emoji6]

Inflatable sheep are definitely an Aussie phenomenon. We don't need any as we have millions of real ones [emoji1181]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trust someone to bring up inflatable sheep [emoji207][emoji6]

Inflatable sheep are definitely an Aussie phenomenon. We don't need any as we have millions of real ones [emoji1181]

Sorry, I changed the Sheep to Emu, I stuffed up, thought Bpos was a Kiwi. Nothing wrong with a blow up sheep as a cabin mate for a cruise. lol.

My goodness that brought back memories of my dear Dad using the

hankie to cover his bald pate, he was a Pom.:):)

Did he also wear socks with his sandals? Plenty of them on Aurora/Oriana last year.

Oh yes, the hankie on the head, fashion accessory still seen at the likes of Skegness and Southend on Sea. Some would say 'Skeggy' and 'Sarfend on Mud', lol.

BTW, I was in Tassie a few weeks ago, swore I saw a few like the above at Bicheno.

Edited by NSWP

Sorry, I changed the Sheep to Emu, I stuffed up, thought Bpos was a Kiwi. Nothing wrong with a blow up sheep as a cabin mate for a cruise. lol.

Nope nothing at all!!!! At least that cabin mate would have minimal luggage and would leave all the decisions to you [emoji6]

No, a true blue Aussie I am.

Had not thought about that but would the sheep be toilet trained???

The suite is not that big on the Solstice and I can assure you my long suffering wife and I are, and we will occupy most of the available space in the cabin.

Also I would be concerned about the excess baggage charges for our flights from Perth to Singapore then home from Sydney.

But does it have a the holy custard stain (Red Dwarf reference)?;)