Cruise critic App

dkjretired

Don't know how new this is but I just found Cruise Critic App for I phone without going through Tapatalk.

It has been out a while. Same developers who do Tapatalk. I use Tapatalk for two reasons over the CC app. I am reading two other forums besides CC that are on Tapatalk. Tapatalk does not have ads. The ads on the Cruise Critic app, I keep touching them by mistake...

Been around for a while. They removed it about a year because it had problems with El Captain (IOS 10) .

El Capitan is MacOS. iOS 10 is iPhone and iPad. Not the same. Neither the Cruise Critic App or Tapatalk runs on Macs. iOS 10 has only been out a month. The Cruise Critic app seems to run fine on my iPhone with iOS 10.

Edited by Charles4515

It has been out a while. Same developers who do Tapatalk. I use Tapatalk for two reasons over the CC app. I am reading two other forums besides CC that are on Tapatalk. Tapatalk does not have ads. The ads on the Cruise Critic app, I keep touching them by mistake...

I've had the CC app for years and have never seen an ad on it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I've had the CC app for years and have never seen an ad on it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

That is odd. Here is a screenshot. It is at the bottom. Sometimes they are at the top. If there are more pages it is easy to tap the ad by mistake instead of the scroll to the next page.

90c70dfa9ac47d9d1e46f6e87c52334f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

El Capitan is MacOS. iOS 10 is iPhone and iPad. Not the same. Neither the Cruise Critic App or Tapatalk runs on Macs. iOS 10 has only been out a month. The Cruise Critic app seems to run fine on my iPhone with iOS 10.

I had IOS 9 on my phone and

It didn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I find it annoying that the app is not available for Europe (or at least Belgium) in the Google Play store. :confused:

I think that would be up to Cruise Critic. But you can get Tapatalk. The Cruise Critic app is pretty much a subset of Tapatalk.

Edited by Charles4515

I have the ads in the same location on my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I use the app on my iPad, find the ads at the bottom to be quite tolerable. There was one version where the ads were being inserted every 5-10 messages, thereby showing up in random and very annoying positions on the screen. Many howls of protest here, it was fixed in a day or two.

I would not find the app to be usable on the iPhone with more limited screen real estate. And I often switch to a browser on my iPad or desktop to write an entry or a reply, the app has several "features" that get in my way when writing something. For reading/browsing I think it is fine.

stan

I use the app on my iPad, find the ads at the bottom to be quite tolerable. There was one version where the ads were being inserted every 5-10 messages, thereby showing up in random and very annoying positions on the screen. Many howls of protest here, it was fixed in a day or two.

I would not find the app to be usable on the iPhone with more limited screen real estate. And I often switch to a browser on my iPad or desktop to write an entry or a reply, the app has several "features" that get in my way when writing something. For reading/browsing I think it is fine.

stan

I am most often on my iPhone. Because of the smaller screen when I place my thumb on the scroll to page forward or back, because of the placement of the ad I end up accidentally opening the ad. On my iPad there is more screen real estate so accidentally touching the ad is less of an issue. I have no problem using the Tapatalk app on my iPhone because there are no ads.

I do alternate between iPhone, iPad and computer. I use the computer when I need to cut and paste a lot.

Edited by Charles4515