Booked B2B

Rocknie

We decided to book the cruise immediately proceeding a cruise we already had booked. We have never been on a b2b cruise... but it seems everything will be rather seamless. We do have one question will any OBC left from the first cruise be placed on the second cruise or does Princess refund the unused amount from the first cruise?

We decided to book the cruise immediately proceeding a cruise we already had booked. We have never been on a b2b cruise... but it seems everything will be rather seamless. We do have one question will any OBC left from the first cruise be placed on the second cruise or does Princess refund the unused amount from the first cruise?

Always rolled over for me.

Of course I should ask is it refundable OBC or non-refundable?

We have never been on a b2b cruise but it seems everything will be rather seamless....

It ends up being kind of a travel day, at least it did for us. You will leave the ship and re-board and depending on how many and how well it goes it will take some time. As you said, not a big deal but it's different than a booked 14 day (or whatever) would be.

One thing we discovered by accident is they deliver your on board and island liquor purchases late on the last night of the first cruise. We stuffed the duty free liquor in our luggage and it was moved to our cabin for the second leg.

I book B2B cruises all the time the OBC will just be placed on your second cruise. With my wife I never worry about OBC it's all gone as I am filling out the health form at the pier :eek:

Tony

Strewth she's a bit slow then.

A few comments

-Since you booked these voyages at different times, check with your T.A. or Princess if booked directly, to make sure the two cruises are linked together.

-Your on board folio debit or credit balances will carry over to your second voyage, and you will receive one final billing at the end of the 2nd voyage.

-If your turn around is at a U.S. port, make certain you read and follow the directions which will be delivered to your cabin during the final days of your first cruise. If you decide to stay on the ship on turn around day MAKE SURE you report to the location, usually the theater, at the specified time. No exceptions are allowed. If even one person is missing no one can leave the theater, and no new passengers can board the ship.

The whole thing about what happens with B2B bookings is a bit of a mess and whether or not what happens is good or bad depends very much on your personal perspective.

We have two B2B cruises coming up. One for 12 days and one for 13 days.

So we get two cruise credits which offer us nothing as we are already Elite

BUT

the sum of the shareholders OBC for our two cruises ($200 - $100 per cruise)is less than the $250 we would get if it counted as one 25 day cruise with a single onboard account.

WHILST

the amount of Captain's Circle internet credit would be a total of 500 minutes each, irrespective of which way you look at it (250+250 as B2B or 500 for a 25 day cruise)

In our case we would be slightly better off if it was classed as one cruise, not that $50 is a really big issue, whereas someone aspiring to make Elite through cruise credits, rather than days, would be better of with it classed as two cruises.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

If you have an internet package the minutes may roll over to the second cruise. This is automatic and you can't even sign up for the second package if you are in the same cabin, but might not be automatic if you switch cabins - check with the Internet Manager during the first cruise.

It is REALLY nice not having to go home after the first cruise - you may get hooked on this.

It is REALLY nice not having to go home after the first cruise - you may get hooked on this.

You are so right I am hooked :) We only book B2B cruises now. I love the Caribbean in the winter and we may start booking B2B2B. 30 days total.

My friend lives in Chicago and he stays on the cruise for 80 days ever year.

He has a lot more $$$$ then me. :) :) He has the same cabin for the entire 80 days.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Are you able to keep the same cabin for both cruises? That is nice. But if not, it really isn't a huge hassle either. You should check this out though.

Bill

A few comments

-Since you booked these voyages at different times, check with your T.A. or Princess if booked directly, to make sure the two cruises are linked together.

-Your on board folio debit or credit balances will carry over to your second voyage, and you will receive one final billing at the end of the 2nd voyage.

-If your turn around is at a U.S. port, make certain you read and follow the directions which will be delivered to your cabin during the final days of your first cruise. If you decide to stay on the ship on turn around day MAKE SURE you report to the location, usually the theater, at the specified time. No exceptions are allowed. If even one person is missing no one can leave the theater, and no new passengers can board the ship.

With more & more people doing B2B cruises it's gotten much worse waiting for people to go through imaginations lately. I've all but given up with staying on the ship to go through with the crowd & get off early to do anything but have to wait in the show lounge for those people who are late. Sometimes 45 min to an hour late. Unless it's raining, I'd rather leave the ship & spend time ashore arriving back around lunch time.

We had different experiences with our internet credit. When we kept the same cabin, our unused minutes rolled over. When we switched cabins, they didn't. It did not matter since we had plenty left at the end of the second cruise as well. Our onboard accounts rolled over both times we did b2b cruises.

Our first experience with the turnaround day was horrible. Two women did not show up in the Wheelhouse even after an hour of being paged. The Princess rep finally took us down to show our passports and in-transit cards to the Immigration officials, but we could not reboard the ship until the two missing women showed up.

I was prepared for a long wait the second time we did a b2b. We had a very short wait before being led off the ship and processed by Immigration officials and reboarding.

We had different experiences with our internet credit. When we kept the same cabin, our unused minutes rolled over. When we switched cabins, they didn't. It did not matter since we had plenty left at the end of the second cruise as well. Our onboard accounts rolled over both times we did b2b cruises.

Our first experience with the turnaround day was horrible. Two women did not show up in the Wheelhouse even after an hour of being paged. The Princess rep finally took us down to show our passports and in-transit cards to the Immigration officials, but we could not reboard the ship until the two missing women showed up.

I was prepared for a long wait the second time we did a b2b. We had a very short wait before being led off the ship and processed by Immigration officials and reboarding.

I like to know this about the two women? What are they thinking when they don't see anyone on the ship, were are they hiding, and what do they say when they are found??????? Or is it true when princess tells us they can't find two passengers?? Can you be all alone on a ship and think nothing is wrong? :eek:

Tony

I like to know this about the two women? What are they thinking when they don't see anyone on the ship, were are they hiding, and what do they say when they are found??????? Or is it true when princess tells us they can't find two passengers?? Can you be all alone on a ship and think nothing is wrong? :eek:

Tony

This occurs more often that you can imagine. How, is beyond me.

They must live in a world of their own.

We are doing our first b2b to the Caribbean in a few weeks. Was thinking the turn around day would be a good time to do some laundry. Would there be a problem with this plan?

Sandy ��

Not at all but I'd start early in the day if there are 500 people doing a B2B (which lately isn't all that uncommon). Many people might have the same idea.