Cruisers & Losers Breakaway Part 1

Fineaswine

that is what makes CC so fun and successful; we all have an opinion which is the American way. I will add, if I were cruising in a scooter and with 3 kids, I too might be a bit hard to please.

The only thing worse would be sailing with 3 scooters and 1 kid.

that is what makes CC so fun and successful; we all have an opinion which is the American way. I will add, if I were cruising in a scooter and with 3 kids, I too might be a bit hard to please.

Ha ha!! Me too, Jeez Louise, that must have been a nightmare!! :D:D

Edited by suesings

humorous maybe, but still way too one sided for many. An objective review is one thing: when I see someone complain about washing hands or complain because a decision was made not to sail into a possible hurricane I have a little problem with the humor.

You forgot to mention that a self-proclaimed "large person" who needs a scooter chose to share a cabin with a wife and 3 kids....and found it small!

Can't wait for OP to continue, but, I think he won't be back.

I hope OP comes back to continue the review. I am quite enjoying the start of it. I am finding humor in this review, even though some things were not so great for the reviewer, his/her descriptions and writing style are very humorous. Look forward to more.:)

I am NOT going to make a crepe your pants joke.

So my version of the buffet is there are many stations and each has a line, you don't jump in front of someone when there is a trail of people standing behind them. Most of the time there is no wait or a few people waiting. The omelette station backs up a bit, and one morning the coffee stations all ran out at the same time and there was much swearing and rude behavior.

The only problems I had were unattended children who touch everything and people who suddenly change direction in front of me while walking!

So my version of the buffet is there are many stations and each has a line, you don't jump in front of someone when there is a trail of people standing behind them. Most of the time there is no wait or a few people waiting. The omelette station backs up a bit, and one morning the coffee stations all ran out at the same time and there was much swearing and rude behavior.

The only problems I had were unattended children who touch everything and people who suddenly change direction in front of me while walking!

LOLOL!! But re you last line re unattended children; yesterday I was a t a restaurant and there was a sign out by the front door that said "unattended children will be sold as slaves". your last line brought back the memory of that sign:D

Not a big fan of the Mega ships. We love the Jewel class on NCL. Less drunks, less pushing and shoving in the buffet. And just as much bread and butter in the MDR.

And there is no one so rude as those who stand in the middle of the buffet area with their hands on their hips with both elbows sticking out while they are trying to make up their minds as to what they want to eat!:mad:

I am truly sorry for the delay in continuing this review, I had important tasks to complete which needed my undivided attention.

Day 2 part deux: As I had previously mentioned the Atrium seats were large and comfortable, as well as highly contested. I received many glares of sheer disgust from passers by who sought their own chair to lounge upon. I learned very quickly the price of non-vigilance, for I made the erroneous decision to make use of the public facilities, only to find a smug senior sitting where once I myself had sat upon returning a mere 20 minutes later. It was at that time that I devised a clever trick to ensure my continued control of a coveted chair which i will now share with this forum!

This trick is rather obvious to the savvy observer. If you chose to purchase the drink package (and considering the inebriated state of many of my fellow cruisers, many of you did), do the following three step method I refer to quite cleverly as Atrium Seat Security, I'll leave you to work out an appropriate acronym.

1) purchase an important looking drink (one that is either frozen, garnished with celery or fanciest of all, a baby gherkin)

2) Place the drink in a prominent location either beside the seat on a table or right before the left or right forward leg.

3) place an item such as a stateroom pillow or daily upon the seat proper.

Some times I would use this method to secure several seats at one time so as to have prime choices while viewing the evening film, deal or no deal or the stirring performances of Dan Dan.

This trick is rather obvious to the savvy observer. If you chose to purchase the drink package (and considering the inebriated state of many of my fellow cruisers, many of you did), do the following three step method I refer to quite cleverly as Atrium Seat Security, I'll leave you to work out an appropriate acronym.

1) purchase an important looking drink (one that is either frozen, garnished with celery or fanciest of all, a baby gherkin)

2) Place the drink in a prominent location either beside the seat on a table or right before the left or right forward leg.

3) place an item such as a stateroom pillow or daily upon the seat proper.

Some times I would use this method to secure several seats at one time so as to have prime choices while viewing the evening film, deal or no deal or the stirring performances of Dan Dan.

Great, now we're going to have a whole new class of chair hogs.

I am laughing so hard my kids came to see what I think is so funny.

The humor is exactly what this forum needs and I seriously doubt, based on the slightly trollish undertone used, that the OP will be chased away by the rantings of the regular bleaters.

I can't wait to read more and I bet this guy is a blast to have a beer with.

Some of us like our News from Fox, some from CNN, and others, we prefer to get our news from comedians.

But seriously, as anyone who has seen the Atrium on Breakaway knows, they need to have a better seating plan, there are precious few seats and they choose to hold all the popular activities there when they should be held in the theater where there are ENOUGH SEATS!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After sharing my secret for Atrium chair acquisition, it pains to take this review along a darker path...

My wife and I decided to splurge and take the children to see the "Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy" dinner show. We had high hopes upon entry, all seemed on the level. The decor was dark and mysterious, much like a gentleman's club which I like to frequent in Providence. As they brought out the appetizers I felt a childlike excitement that I could readily see reflected upon the faces of the other patrons. However, it soon became apparent that eating and watching would prove a momentous challenge, how naive i was, for this would be the least of my trials that evening.

The appetizer was forgettable, but adequate to arouse the appetite for the entree of shrimp and overcooked fillet. The seats were oriented sideways requiring the viewer to strain their neck to see the performers.

The cirque performers were quite talented, all save one...the unicorn.

It began as soon as the lights lowered, masked performers rushed out from the darkness through the tightly packed tables. They were dressed as the Jungle creatures we all know and love. A giraffe, a lion and the like. One however wore a large horned horses head and galloped about ludicrously. The unicorn. He continued about and then suddenly stopped his prance to turn sharply and face me. Though he did not speak, his body language told me that he had chosen his victim for this evening, and so the game began.

Through out the performance he would move about, darting in and out of the shadows like some horrid mystical nightmare, only to appear horn first in my peripheral field, taunting before slipping back into the darkness with a menacing neighing cry. I felt humiliated as the unicorn continued to target me much to the amusement of the crowd including my family. At last the performance ended and I made my way to the door, but not before seeing the horned performer waving to me while his cronies laughed. That night my dreams were troubled.

After sharing my secret for Atrium chair acquisition, it pains to take this review along a darker path...

My wife and I decided to splurge and take the children to see the "Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy" dinner show. We had high hopes upon entry, all seemed on the level. The decor was dark and mysterious, much like a gentleman's club which I like to frequent in Providence. As they brought out the appetizers I felt a childlike excitement that I could readily see reflected upon the faces of the other patrons. However, it soon became apparent that eating and watching would prove a momentous challenge, how naive i was, for this would be the least of my trials that evening.

The appetizer was forgettable, but adequate to arouse the appetite for the entree of shrimp and overcooked fillet. The seats were oriented sideways requiring the viewer to strain their neck to see the performers.

The cirque performers were quite talented, all save one...the unicorn.

It began as soon as the lights lowered, masked performers rushed out from the darkness through the tightly packed tables. They were dressed as the Jungle creatures we all know and love. A giraffe, a lion and the like. One however wore a large horned horses head and galloped about ludicrously. The unicorn. He continued about and then suddenly stopped his prance to turn sharply and face me. Though he did not speak, his body language told me that he had chosen his victim for this evening, and so the game began.

Through out the performance he would move about, darting in and out of the shadows like some horrid mystical nightmare, only to appear horn first in my peripheral field, taunting before slipping back into the darkness with a menacing neighing cry. I felt humiliated as the unicorn continued to target me much to the amusement of the crowd including my family. At last the performance ended and I made my way to the door, but not before seeing the horned performer waving to me while his cronies laughed. That night my dreams were troubled.

You may want to seek professional help if those dreams continue to haunt you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The humor is exactly what this forum needs and I seriously doubt, based on the slightly trollish undertone used, that the OP will be chased away by the rantings of the regular bleaters.

Some of us like our News from Fox, some from CNN, and others, we prefer to get our news from comedians.

My husband just came in and asked me what I was reading because I was laughing and smiling so much. Loving this review!!!

Why would you want to have a beer with a grumpy old sourpuss that hates the Washy, Washy, Happy, Happy, Filipino Lady?