What Shoes to Pack

cdl324

Hi All!

This is my first cruise and we are stopping at 5 islands. We have 2 tours booked and 3 beach days. What kind of shoes should we pack? Just trying to get everything finalized before I start packing NEXT WEEK :D Thanks in advance!!!

Hi All!

This is my first cruise and we are stopping at 5 islands. We have 2 tours booked and 3 beach days. What kind of shoes should we pack? Just trying to get everything finalized before I start packing NEXT WEEK :D Thanks in advance!!!

Similar to what preschool teacher does, I wear my walking shoes on the plane so they don't take up room in my suitcase. I pack flip-flops and dressier shoes for dinner.

We (both well traveled seniors) think in terms of 2 categories of footwear. What we wear during the day (including in ports) and our evening shoes. For daytime we always take a pair of sneakers and a decent pair of sandals. If we are on a beach vacation (like the Caribbean) we also take a pair of watershoes (I love my Teva waterproof sandals which work on both land and sea). For the evening it simply depends on what we intent to wear. As a guy, I can get along with my decent "boat shoes" for everything except formal nights (not many of these left). If we take formal wear....I will take an extra pair of shoes. DW will usually bring a few pair of low heels for the evening trying to find shoes that she can use for multiple outfits.

Hank

I am down to packing everything in a carryon and a backpack. Rule 1: bring sneakers and wear them as you travel. 2: Sandals to wear around the ship. 3: one pair shoes for evening. Something you can wear with everything. Lately, one pair of sandals serves for both. We are too old to do beaches anymore so beach shoes are out. If we did need them, they would replace one pair of sandals. EM

We pack lighter and lighter with each cruise. I wear sneakers/running shoes to travel. I carry a pair of flip flops for around the pool, on the beach and shopping near the port. I carry a pair of comfortable sandals that can do double duty...for day, and for casual nights. I carry a pair of dressy flats that can do double duty...can be worn casual or formal night. I pack clothes that can be mixed and matched that will go with the shoes in a couple of basic colors. I usually go with blacks, tans and throw in a few colors for tops. My casual top can be worn to dinner or worn when I leave the ship on an excursion other than the beach or a sailing/snorkeling type excursion. Two swimsuits and one cover up. I also wear a sweater or light jacket, and I throw a wrap around me to travel with and these can be worn at dinner too. I limit jewelry to a few simple pieces. Toss in a few pairs of shorts and capri pants and I'm ready. Cosmetics and medicine goes in my very big purse on the plane and it stays with me. I don't have to go to the dreaded luggage carousel.

I can wear flip flops to the beach (don't wear them IN the water, tho!) and into town....

If you're doing some sort of water activity, you might want/need water shoes...they don't get slippery when wet, like flip flops would do.

I bring shoes to wear at dinner...as flip flops aren't appropriate in the dining room for dinner...they are fine for breakfast and lunch.

We pack lighter and lighter with each cruise. I wear sneakers/running shoes to travel. I carry a pair of flip flops for around the pool, on the beach and shopping near the port. I carry a pair of comfortable sandals that can do double duty...for day, and for casual nights. I carry a pair of dressy flats that can do double duty...can be worn casual or formal night. I pack clothes that can be mixed and matched that will go with the shoes in a couple of basic colors. I usually go with blacks, tans and throw in a few colors for tops. My casual top can be worn to dinner or worn when I leave the ship on an excursion other than the beach or a sailing/snorkeling type excursion. Two swimsuits and one cover up. I also wear a sweater or light jacket, and I throw a wrap around me to travel with and these can be worn at dinner too. I limit jewelry to a few simple pieces. Toss in a few pairs of shorts and capri pants and I'm ready. Cosmetics and medicine goes in my very big purse on the plane and it stays with me. I don't have to go to the dreaded luggage carousel.

Rule #1: Keep it simple!

I wear walking shoes to embark and are worn when I am aboard the ship.

A pair of slippers for in-cabin use. A pair of flip-flops for trips to/from the spa and pool.

A pair of dressy Rockports for casual dining nights with my black dress shoes for formal/gala nights.

Hi All!

Ones you can walk in, and maybe flip flops for the beach.

Any suggestions for shoes for an Alaskan cruise? With the wet climate I am unsure about the best choice for foot wear.

Waterproofed leather ones with non-skid soles and gym shoes so that if one pair is wet you still have a good walking shoe that is dry. Fashion is NOT a priority on an AK cruise. :D