gaurantee balcony assighnments and tribute band info

watson50

hello everybody.we will be on the Nov 27th cruise.we booked a gaurantee balcony stateroom.has anybody that has booked this category received their cabin number yet? also, does anyone know who the tribute band will be? thank you.

hello everybody.we will be on the Nov 27th cruise.we booked a gaurantee balcony stateroom.has anybody that has booked this category received their cabin number yet? also, does anyone know who the tribute band will be? thank you.

Royal Caribbean has 25 ships.

Which one will you be on?

Welcome aboard:), Many of us have done the GTY over the last 6 weeks or so and had cabins assigned fairly quickly. Not sure now because not too many left, so you may end up waiting as they upgrade existing ressies to make room for your cabin assignment - no firm knowledge, just a guess.

As for the tribute band, sources have it as 'Slippery When Wet', which is (obviously) a Bon Jovi tribute band. See you on board!

• 1 month later...

How exactly do the gaurantee assignments work? Does it depend on how far or close the sailing is. I booked 2 gaurantee Inside cabins last week and we still haven't received our assignments yet. I noticed that there are still alot of Inside cabins and Outside left for our Dec 12 sailing on Majesty OTS.

Do they wait for the cabins to dwindle down or is there some other criteria when they assign cabins?

How exactly do the gaurantee assignments work? Does it depend on how far or close the sailing is. I booked 2 gaurantee Inside cabins last week and we still haven't received our assignments yet. I noticed that there are still alot of Inside cabins and Outside left for our Dec 12 sailing on Majesty OTS.

Do they wait for the cabins to dwindle down or is there some other criteria when they assign cabins?

Whatever criteria they use, it has not been shared publicly.

The one thing I know cruises don't do is overbook since it would be bad for business to turn people away or offer compensation as the airlines do.

I got to imagine they have some cutoff or way of determining how many people are on "standby" and how many rooms are left. This way they can assign rooms in time before people gobble them up.

Getting a little uneasy as I am hoping to keep the 2 rooms close.

It's really variable. I have had a guarantee assigned within a few days of booking, another only 2 days before we sailed. Officially it can be any time up to when you check in at the pier!

The one thing I know cruises don't do is overbook since it would be bad for business to turn people away or offer compensation as the airlines do.

I got to imagine they have some cutoff or way of determining how many people are on "standby" and how many rooms are left. This way they can assign rooms in time before people gobble them up.

While it is very rare it does happen. There was a case within the past month or so.

We were on Anthem for both the 10/15 & 10/20 sailings and we did not have any Tribute bands for either of our sailings :( I was told by the CD that Tribute bands are all cancelled for the rest of 2016 and will start up again in 2017.

I hope that you are not *counting on* getting two cabins near each other.

When you choose the guarantee category, you must be willing to accept whatever they give you. If you NEED the cabins to be together, you must book them that way.

ETA: Looking at the remaining cabins for your sailing, there are actually LOTS of pairs of K cabins available. Good luck! :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

We were on the Anthem's 10/29 sailing and we had a Beatles tribute band, Liverpool Legends. There was also talk on our roll call that we would also have Journey and Aerosmith tribute bands on the 12 night cruise,but that never happened.

Best of news!! We got our guarantee cabin assignment Wednesday. They were apart but on the same deck. I tried to call yesterday but they were closed for the holiday.

I called early this morning and got both rooms moved to a location where they are next to each other, no questions asked.

The wife is much more comfortable now. And we can refocus on planning to have a fun time.

Edited by leinhto

Best of news!! We got our guarantee cabin assignment Wednesday. They were apart but on the same deck. I tried to call yesterday but they were closed for the holiday.

I called early this morning and got both rooms moved to a location where they are next to each other, no questions asked.

The wife is much more comfortable now. And we can refocus on planning to have a fun time.

We booked two X balcony guaranties for our upcoming January Anthem cruise onboard Brilliance last month and I linked the reservation together. The next day we got assigned very nice cabins, side by side connecting D5s on deck 12. These had a large amount of cabins available when we did these bookings and it was after the final payment date for that sailing. ;)

For our Brilliance cruise we did last month, three weeks prior we upgraded our OV cabin to a X balcony Gty and the next day were assigned a D1, which was the only balcony category showing available when this was done. :D

The pattern I've noticed with the many guaranty (20+) bookings we've done is far out the cabin assignment is typically quicker if there's lots of availability in the class of cabins your guaranty is in. Closer to the cruise date, as in after the final payment date, our assignments have been usually done very quickly except if nothing or very few, as in one or two, is showing in the class of cabins the guaranty is booked in. That wait has paid off typically for us as most times we've been upgraded to a cabin in the next class of cabins with this situation. Latest we been assigned is 3 days prior so we've never had to wait until check to know what is what cabin we were in. :)

Edited by robtulipe

We were on the Anthem 10 nighter which returned last Sunday, 11/20. Someone at the Officers Q&A asked why there was no tribute band and we were told something to the effect of: the budget for that for 2016 has been spent so there will be no more tribute bands for 2016. They said they'd be back in 2017.

We had Atomic Punks earlier this year and they were great! Van Halen tribute band. We've also seen the Aerosmith one and they were good too.

Are they Category K?