Going on Getaway in Nov. Willing to gather info

TABOOJB

Hi All

I'm a long time lurker with the odd post here and there. I love these forums and the information they provide.

(Not a huge fan of the way some people are pretty condescending to others, but that's for another time [emoji20] )

So, I'm off on my Getaway adventure in a few weeks (06 Nov) and am more than happy to gather any specific information that you may want to know. ...

Ask away; I'll make a list and try my best to answer you all as soon as I get back

Just a couple of things I won't be able to help with: no kids so won't have that perspective, no vibe and no haven questions as I won't see any of these (I wish)

I'm in plain old Mid Ship Balcony with the drinks and dining package and hubby has prepurchased Spa pass.

I hope to be of some use!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

Please let us know if UBP works on Harvest Caye. NCL reps have given conflicting answers to this question. Thank you so much!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

I'm really sorry but it's not open yet when we sail. I'll see if I can grab any Food and Beverage officers onboard and ask the question..

Please let us know if UBP works on Harvest Caye. NCL reps have given conflicting answers to this question. Thank you so much!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

I was on the getaway in March and UBP worked on Harvest Caye.

I would like to know if O'Sheenans still has the prime rib night. I have heard since my cruise they have stopped.

Hi TABOOJB!

We are sailing on the same date, and in the same situation. No kids, no haven. Since my DH couldn't make this trip, my adult son will be coming along to keep me company. Didn't really need a chaparone, but I think the family talked him into it. :)

I'll be in a Spa Balcony room, so I'll be heading to the Thermal Spa every chance I get. Will probably bump into you at some point. Sooooo ready for some relaxation time!!

I second the question of prime rib in O'sheehan's. Conflicting reports of it being offered or not. They had it 1st, 3rd and 7th night of my last cruise. Will be very disappointed if it's not on the Getaway any longer. Also, If you could check your Freestyle and see if Illusionarium offers a 20% discount on the first night. Thanks. Will be looking forward to your experiences.

Also Wizdiz, I think you're confusing Great Stirrup Cay and Harvest Cay. Harvest Cay has not opened yet and is scheduled to open mid to late November 2016.

Edited by tartan cruiser

I was on the getaway in March and UBP worked on Harvest Caye..

Since Harvest Caye has not opened yet, you probably had one too many UBP drinks and imagined you were there. We are still waiting for the first ship to call there to give us some first hand reports of what is and is not covered.

Heres my list at the moment

Prime Rib - Osheehans + Any other places that may have it?

Ilusionarium on 1st day + Difference between banquet and floor (I have banquet seating so will report back on this)

Ocean Blue Menu

No problem!

Thanks for the offer! I'd echo the dailies and MDR menus. Views on the Spa would be good, as well as any part of the ship that might be good for sitting quietly (not necessarily in sun).

If there are any outstanding individual performers/musicians then it would be good to know (outside of the main shows).

Hope you have a great time!

Dailies, some Bar Menus and Spa/Performance review not a problem.

MDR menus may be bit less possible as I will be in speciality restaurants at night. Will try to grab a pic of what I can

WiFi also won't be able to comment on personally as I'm not buying Internet package ( I would be too tempted to work!) Hopefully we will get chatting to someone who does and I'll report back if possible

I really hate to overwhelm you but I see you said you'll be eating in specialty restaurants. If you eat at Cagneys would you look if the "tomahawk"steak is on the menu. I heard this is the best steak ever but it might have been removed from the menu. We just reserved Cagneys and hate to look forward to something that might not be available. Again, thanks and enjoy your trip.

Hi. Thanks so much! Ill be on Getaway in February in a spa cabin. I would LOVE to see pictures and love for you to let us know if/when you ever experienced it crowded and if you spent a lot of time in there. We had a spa cabin on CCL Breeze and we loved it but looking at the pictures, Getaway looks much bigger and more pretty.

Also I would like to know if you go to the gym if I get there at 7 am will I get a treadmill or rower and are there any complimentary classes for the gym? Abs, total body conditioning, etc.

Enjoy your cruise and thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really hate to overwhelm you but I see you said you'll be eating in specialty restaurants. If you eat at Cagneys would you look if the "tomahawk"steak is on the menu. I heard this is the best steak ever but it might have been removed from the menu. We just reserved Cagneys and hate to look forward to something that might not be available. Again, thanks and enjoy your trip.

Hi! I think my dh had this at Caneys in August on the Breakaway. Actually he ordered it both times. This is a picture of him eating it with my dd boyfriend lolIMG_1476924207.720372.jpg.c7a78aa1d7992e951ca04718ebd046d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Uhhh, sorry....new to this. I wanted to reply to a specific person, but mistakenly posted it here. How do you cancel a reply??

Oh, and I'll be on NCL Getaway on 11/6, too. No kiddies, either!! Had a mid ship balcony, but just upgraded to Haven suites....25th anniversary gift to ourselves...lol. Soooo if anyone has any hints about Haven area, it would be appreciated.

Edited by LBILuva