LIVE!!! The Reflection Transatlantic - Oct 21st - 2016! Are we the YOUNGEST again?!

chicagopaul

Cheers Cruise Critic!

Well, I'd like to welcome you to come along with Edward and I on our second Transatlantic cruise; this one aboard the beautiful Celebrity Reflection departing from Rome in a few days on October 21st. We are currently sitting at the airport (ORD) waiting for our flight as we sip drinks and watch the Chicago Cubs game.

We are flying via Lufthansa through Munich and then into Rome. We should be arriving tomorrow, the 19th, at 5:30pm Rome time. We're excited to be flying on the A340-600 (It's no new 350 or 380, but it's close!).

This will be the 5th time we are on the Celebrity Reflection and we cannot wait until we hear the first "boing" as we climb onboard.

As always any questions at all, no matter how small or large feel free to ask. I will be posting many more video blogs and you'll actually get to see my face this time (I apologize in advance for this). I will post the videos on here via YouTube and you'll be able to follow me on my Youtube channel as well. You can also follow along on Instagram.

My Instagram handle is Paulkblackburn - I should be easy to find, I hope.

Our accommodations on the Reflection: We upgraded a couple weeks ago to a Sky Suite S1, room 2127. We're excited to enjoy the suite restaurant again and for the first time to experience Michael's Club as a private club since the last time we were in a suite Sky suites were not welcome.

Again, any questions you have please feel free to ask. We hope you enjoy the journey with us.

Cheers & Happy Sailing!

Have a blast! My husband and I have done a similar transatlantic on the Reflection in reverse and it was by far the best cruise we ever had (even though we were also the youngest by at least 2 decades).

Looking forward to your posts!

So glad to be going along with you both - will be following your travels. Looks like your suite is in a good location! I am a newbie scheduled for Caribbean in March and am excited about X. Love the info on CC. Thanks for all the intel and have a great start to your trip. Go Cubs!

Kimberly

Looking forward to your posts. We are on the Reflection November 19th!

And first question will be how did you like Lufthansa? Looking at flights for our Baltic cruise in May.

Edited by amcco

We just boarded our plane. A little late but oh well. We were hoping for a last minute business class upgrade but we will make due with economy. The A340 is a 2-4-2 configuration in economy and we have two seats looking out onto the right wing. Lufthansa has new upgraded touch screen TVs, plus USB ports and electrical ports in economy. The economy bathrooms are below deck and there are 5 in the lower area so waiting time should be minimal to non existent. We should be wheels up very shortly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul, if you would be kind enough to check what is across from the ocean view cabins on the starboard side on deck three near the guest relations area, It would be most appreciated. On the Reflection deck plans that area appears to be white space and I am concerned it may be a crew stairway entrance or a possible room service area.

I wish you guys calm seas and a most relaxing vacation.

Paul, if you would be kind enough to check what is across from the ocean view cabins on the starboard side on deck three near the guest relations area, It would be most appreciated. On the Reflection deck plans that area appears to be white space and I am concerned it may be a crew stairway entrance or a possible room service area.

Have a great time!

Hello Paul and Edward. We wish you both a very enjoyable cruise, hope you both have a wonderful time. Looking forward to hearing about your thoughts on the ship and Ports. We now live on the Med and enjoy it very much. Happy cruising. :)

I look forward to meeting you both on board

Arrived this morning and to Rome and just arrived at the hotel San Giorgio for a day of relaxation prior to the cruise. what a beautiful mid 70-ish day. it looks like we'll have a great crew on board as well as I remember meeting the captain on the equinox turn the holy land tour in 2010 and he's a very bright articulate funny man.

you'll find the upgrade to the sky suite is worth it, take advantage of the Michael's club concierge as she could really work wonders to make a very good cruise and do a very great cruise. hopefully I'll see you around I'll be the guy with the Pepsi, sitting up in the alcove.

No problem! Do you already have a specific cabin booked or in mind that you'd like me to check?

We've arrived in Munich. We had a wonderful flight. Lufthansa service, even in economy, is always top notch.

We've found a very nice bar near our gate in the Munich airport and we're enjoying some German vodka.

Looking forward to settling into our hotel. We didn't sleep much on the plane so we are running on fumes.

I am excited to follow your adventure. I've begun to follow you on Instagram and can't wait for the pictures. I will be on Reflection for the first time in March having previously sailed on Equinox and Solstice. Last I heard, Richard Spacey was the Cruise Director on Reflection. He was our CD on Oasis of the Seas in 2010 and am hoping that he'll still be on Reflection in a few months.

Looking forward to your review.

Susan

GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am planning to wear my "Cubs World Series 2016" t-shirts everday on the trip.

How exciting to be on you're way to a cruise,

I'm sure you will have a fantastic cruise as I'm currently on the cruise before and staying in for the TA as well 👍🏻 The current cruise has been amazing and we've all had a great time and now really looking forward to the TA starting as we have even more friends joining us so I'm sure again it will be another great cruise to add to the list 🍸😎

I'll look out for you and say hi as I've followed you're blogs/reviews in the past 👍

Hope the rest of the travels are problem free 🙂

I am excited to follow your adventure. I've begun to follow you on Instagram and can't wait for the pictures. I will be on Reflection for the first time in March having previously sailed on Equinox and Solstice. Last I heard, Richard Spacey was the Cruise Director on Reflection. He was our CD on Oasis of the Seas in 2010 and am hoping that he'll still be on Reflection in a few months.

Looking forward to your review.

Susan

GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am planning to wear my "Cubs World Series 2016" t-shirts everday on the trip.

CD is marten, I believe RS is now on the constellation 🤔