Regal skipped St. John today?

lstone19

I've been tracking Regal in preparation for boarding it Saturday. Last night, it was heading to St. John, NB along with two other ships. Today, the other two are in port at St. John while Regal is at sea heading to Halifax. Wonder what happened to make Regal skip while the other two (Carnival Sunshine and Serenade of the Seas) made it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been tracking Regal in preparation for boarding it Saturday. Last night, it was heading to St. John, NB along with two other ships. Today, the other two are in port at St. John while Regal is at sea heading to Halifax. Wonder what happened to make Regal skip while the other two (Carnival Sunshine and Serenade of the Seas) made it in.

Weather looks to be OK at least on some of the WebCams in the area.

My mom ,her DH,and some friends are on the Caribbean Princess right now and today they're supposed to be in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island and the Princess Bridge cam shows them headed to Quebec. I also looked at marine traffic and they (CB) are near Prince Edward island ,but not headed in the direction of Charlottetown. So have no idea until I hear from my mom via email why they did not stop in Charlottetown ,Prince Edward Island today. They were supposed to arrive at 8 AM and leave at 5 PM .Must be something up with the area must be weather if Regal and Caribbean Princess didn't go to their ports today.

I got this message from my parents onboard earlier this morning:

Weather problems.left bar harbor 3 hours early..not stopping at St. John today.

But they didn't know exactly why they aren't stopping at St. John. They actually asked me to check on CC to see if anyone posted who knew why. I'm sure once they are out and about they'll find out why. They said they'd email me later, when they do, I'll let you know

A vigorous low pressure system is expected to cross the Maritimes Friday and Saturday accompanied by a strong cold front. Indications are that this system has the potential to give rain at times heavy which could result in localised flooding. Environment Canada will continue to monitor the development of this system and recommends the public to monitor forecasts and any future warnings. Winds in excess of 30 Knots.

I got this message from my parents onboard earlier this morning:

Weather problems.left bar harbor 3 hours early..not stopping at St. John today.

But they didn't know exactly why they aren't stopping at St. John. They actually asked me to check on CC to see if anyone posted who knew why. I'm sure once they are out and about they'll find out why. They said they'd email me later, when they do, I'll let you know

Any word from your parents on why they skipped the port?

We leave Saturday too on the Regal

Hope they don't miss Halifax too.

I heard from my mom via email who is currently on the Caribbean Princess- 10 day -New England cruise that the reason why they did not stop in Charlottetown ,Prince Edward Island today is because the captain said the winds were too strong and it would be too dangerous to go into that port today, so they skipped that port. But my mom said that it was sunny at that time ,but it was starting to get a little rough ,so they're headed to Quebec City at this point. (Which was their final port)

So I'm sure the weather for the Regal was probably similar .

Any word from your parents on why they skipped the port?

We leave Saturday too on the Regal

Just heard from them. They said it was strong cross winds and fog.

They are in Halifax today, beautiful day, breezy and 57

Hope you have a wonderful trip

Hi,we docked in Skagway a few weeks ago on the Coral and the 2 ships behind us the CP and the Amsterdam had 3 goes each and turned around.We had the shoreside dock and they had the more flimsy gantry type piers.I dont know if that makes a difference,especially after that video the other week of a ship demolishing one of those piers,cheers,Brian.

And currently on Regal (5-day Canada) where we just arrived Halifax instead of St. John. Due to forecasted weather, they decided yesterday morning to flip Halifax and St. John so if all goes well, we'll be in St. John tomorrow.

Read all about it in this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2415852

We were on the Regal when it skipped St John. Pilot from St John got on board with the Captain and they decided that the cross winds and cross currents made it unsafe to go into port. The tides in St John have to be timed just right. Even though we missed St John we were very happy that Princess takes no chances with their passengers safety. Had a great day at sea. The Cruise Director, Martyn Moss and his staff did a great job!!