Tips/Suggestions on Packing?

cdl324

We will be leaving for our first cruise and honeymoon in 10 DAYS! Super stoked! But, since it is our first cruise... does anyone have any packing suggestions or tips? We are going on a 7 night southern carribean cruise :) Any advice is greatly appreciated :D

You don't need to change clothes multiple times a day. You can wear things more than once. Take things that mix and match, choose a color scheme and work with it. You don't need more than four pairs of shoes, I can make do with two. You can always send out laundry. EM

I'm a guy and I take a bunch of shorts and collared shirts, two swim suits, one pair of black slacks, 2 long sleeved dress shirts, 2 ties, 4 or 5 tee shirts that I'm ready to get rid of, one pair of dress shoes that I'm ready to get rid of, a pair of tennis shoes that I'm ready to get rid of, 2 pair of crocs loafers. that's about it.

Beachy wear...and perhaps something for nice dinners....that's about all. You will spend most of your day in swimwear/coverup....maybe shorts for breakfast...then change to the swim suit. Those shorts should last 3-4 days if you're only wearing them for an hour!!

Bring meds you might need...IF you use any! I bring something for stuffy noses, and Advil/aspirin...just easier to have it at hand, than try to find it when you need it!

We ALWAYS take binoculars.....whether it's a cruise or a beach vacation!!

We will be leaving for our first cruise and honeymoon in 10 DAYS! Super stoked! But, since it is our first cruise... does anyone have any packing suggestions or tips? We are going on a 7 night southern carribean cruise :) Any advice is greatly appreciated :D

Best wishes to both of you:)

You might consider cross packing, so that there is at least one full change of clothes for Person A in Person B's suitcase and vice versa... just in case one suitcase doesn't make it.

If you only have one shared suitcase, then ditto about a few things in a carry on.

(It's not like going to a regular land hotel, where there are usually easy places nearby to pick up a few things if needed.)

And ALWAYS keep all meds and valuables in your carry on.

Which ship are you on?

Some folks here might have some other suggestions that are ship or cruise-line specific.

Enjoy!

It is an incredibly relaxing way to travel!

Ditto what everyone else said. I always bring a power strip. We have lots of devices, camera chargers, phone chargers, I pads, etc and never enough outlets. I bring one in every trip we take. Enjoy and congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pack what you will think you need then take some of it out because you wont need it. I always overpack.

Bring a power strip but make sure it is the cheapest kind you can find that does not have a surge protector as they will take that away. I usually just bring a small extension cord with 4 plugs on the end of it.

I mixed and matched outfits. I wore nicer capri's twice, especially on those Sea days where I wore a swim suit and cover up most of the days. I kept my color scheme the same so I didn't need a lot of shoes. I had tennis shoes (we traveled in March and I am from WI), 2 pairs of nicer sandals (black and tan), and then a pair of sport sandal to wear to the pool and on port days.

First time cruiser here as well. Is it necessary to bring a pair of formal outfits (suit + dress shirt + dress pants for man/nice long dress for woman)?

No matter what you will read here. for men, "formal" wear is a tuxedo. "black tie" means just that and not business suit. Of course, mass market lines have loosened their definitions because all they care about is selling photographs.

So, will I be missing anything if I don't bring any dress shirts/dress pants/dress shoes? Trying to pack light as the kids' stuff will take up most of the space.

Our preferred line, Oceania, has a simple clothing recommendation: "country club casual." It's actually a great idea for the whole cruise industry. No need for tux or suit unless it's "your thing." At the same time, no jeans or "wife-beater tees" and shorts at dinner. A nice pair of dockers, boat shoes (e.g., Sperry or Sebago) and collared shirt and your good to go in any venue.

Our preferred line, Oceania, has a simple clothing recommendation: "country club casual." It's actually a great idea for the whole cruise industry. No need for tux or suit unless it's "your thing." At the same time, no jeans or "wife-beater tees" and shorts at dinner. A nice pair of dockers, boat shoes (e.g., Sperry or Sebago) and collared shirt and your good to go in any venue.

Appreciate the quick response. I suppose that would be the middle ground. The ship I'm going onto is RCI's Oasis of the Seas.