Is "pick up your liquor debarkation morning" fleet wide?

okeytaco

A friend sailed out of Galveston twice recently and said you had to pick up liquor purchases the morning of debarkation. He said it was, in his words, a clusterf**k" and he'd never do it again. He was in line over an hour! That's so lame! Is this Carnival's new policy and is it fleet wide? We'll be sailing out of New Orleans on the Dream after Thanksgiving. We just will not buy liquor from the on-board store if they have stopped delivering it to your room the night before. Last thing I want to do after a lovely relaxing cruise is end it with an unpleasant experience.

Edited by okeytaco
clarification

Yeah, totally lame Dude.

Hit 'em where it hurts and don't buy the booze. When sales plummet because it had to be picked up on the last morning, maybe things will change.

But I doubt it.

I would be curious to see if this has had much of an impact in sales.

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah, totally lame Dude.

Hit 'em where it hurts and don't buy the booze. When sales plummet because it had to be picked up on the last morning, maybe things will change.

But I doubt it.

It has been over a year. I am thinking if it had much impact the change back to how it was would have already occurred.

I stopped buying liquor after this ridiculous rule was made. I know I'm just one person/sale, but I refuse to stress out even more the last morning and repack suitcases, etc. (we fly to port). NCL and Royal still deliver the bottles to your room the last evening (hope they don't start this practice)!

On our recent Dream cruise, I sent my husband to pick up our liquor while I was finishing up getting ready in the room and he was back in less than half an hour said it was super easy and quick. I think they have it pretty well organized now, so while it is an annoyance, we can deal with it.

I was on another cruise line in Sept... and it was happening there too.

However I ask the clerk if he could please let me have it at closing the night before... (just had shoulder surgery and still bandaged up) he told my DH & DS to meet him at x time.. . they gave him a little something and wham we were set... (did bring a large bag to hide the items too..

We picked up liquor last December on pride and it was quick and easy. Picked up on the sunshine this past July and it was a hot mess, was in line about half hour (I was not annoyed with waiting) They had pick up in the dining room and the line went up 2 flights of stairs by the time I left. It didn't help that the . Seemed like no one knew what they were supposed to be doing. Both times I went right when it opened.

A friend sailed out of Galveston twice recently and said you had to pick up liquor purchases the morning of debarkation. He said it was, in his words, a clusterf**k" and he'd never do it again. He was in line over an hour! That's so lame! Is this Carnival's new policy and is it fleet wide? We'll be sailing out of New Orleans on the Dream after Thanksgiving. We just will not buy liquor from the on-board store if they have stopped delivering it to your room the night before. Last thing I want to do after a lovely relaxing cruise is end it with an unpleasant experience.

On my cruise in 2013 they delivered it to my room on the last night.

I just got off of the October 9th dream, and we had to pick it up from the song lounge. I went after I ate breakfast in the MDR, and there was no lines. Nice and easy.

I will say the liquor selection was much smaller than it was in 2013 on the ship. NBD, I still got a got deal on some patron.