Earning Gold this cruise

disneyg1rl

Hi y'all!

I'm currently 3 points short of gold so will 'technically' earn it a day or two into our Nov cruise. (We're in the Haven, so double points.. bla bla bla :D) Am I correct to assume that I won't get any perks/recognition of the status change until my next trip? That laundry service discount would sure be nice.

Has anyone ever received any benefit mid-trip? My bronze-to-silver was SO long ago, I can't remember that far back.

Here's to wishful thinking! :cool:

Carnival does credit you with status change during a cruise, for the whole cruise during which you earn the status change. For instance, I achieved Gold status in the middle of a cruise, but when I checked in I was given a gold card and got the other (small) benefits at the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi y'all!

I'm currently 3 points short of gold so will 'technically' earn it a day or two into our Nov cruise. (We're in the Haven, so double points.. bla bla bla :D) Am I correct to assume that I won't get any perks/recognition of the status change until my next trip? That laundry service discount would sure be nice.

Has anyone ever received any benefit mid-trip? My bronze-to-silver was SO long ago, I can't remember that far back.

Out of luck I am afraid; points are not credited till AFTER the cruise has been completed.

However on a B2B they can be credited between the two portions is they would move you up the ladder, you would have to ask though.

Mike

That's pretty much what I thought, but it didn't hurt to ask. :-)
If you get friendly with the CruiseNext rep on board, you can try asking them. I'm sure they get the same question about 50 times per cruise, though, so you might want to stack the deck in your favor, for example by booking a couple of future cruises with them first…

Hi y'all!

Would be nice. I'm going into my next cruise 1 point short of Platinum.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Carnival does credit you with status change during a cruise, for the whole cruise during which you earn the status change. For instance, I achieved Gold status in the middle of a cruise, but when I checked in I was given a gold card and got the other (small) benefits at the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure why you're answering with Carnival policy since this is NCL board and that is NOT NCL policy. NCL does not upgrade until AFTER cruise is completed.

We've got a similar issue. We are 1 point short of gold, our next cruise at Christmas is B2B so in theory at the commencement of the second cruise we should be gold. Has anyone had previous experience of this?

As we booked the cruises more than 9 months out its double points so on return from both of them we will be platenium

Silver / Gold / Platinum.... I can't wait to go and it will be great.

Thanks to everyone from the responses.

PS. I'm jealous of those of you who live close enough to pop down for a cruise any time you want (especially to grab those great rates). There's no such thing as a cheap or quick flight from Colorado to MIA.

You'd also be getting an extra cruise for that extra $1000…

I'd rather put that towards a cruise that lasts longer than 3 or 4 days and goes somewhere besides Nassau. My husband doesn't get to take off from work very often so we like to do longer cruises when we do get to go.

But would my Platinum perks be worth the extra $1000 it would cost me to get it?

The perks wouldn't be worth it, but the cruise would. That's all my reply meant. If I lived that short of a drive to a port, I would cruise a heck of a lot more than I do now.

I'd rather put that towards a cruise that lasts longer than 3 or 4 days and goes somewhere besides Nassau.
There are a couple of 1- and 2-day sailings in Europe next spring that would be perfect for people in your situation (earn the last 1 or 2 points, then stay on board and enjoy your new status). But it's a long drive to Copenhagen… :p

There are a couple of 1- and 2-day sailings in Europe next spring that would be perfect for people in your situation (earn the last 1 or 2 points, then stay on board and enjoy your new status). But it's a long drive to Copenhagen… :p

Now if only they'd put a ship in Atlanta!

Not sure why you're answering with Carnival policy since this is NCL board and that is NOT NCL policy. NCL does not upgrade until AFTER cruise is completed.

Sorry. On my phone the heading just says "Forums", no particular cruise line mentioned. I merely posted what I did for information/comparison purposes. Mobile platforms don't always show the same information that desktops or even other types of devices do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk