NYC or boston: cheapest cruise you went on

luckyinpa

i'm not much into flying but after my 1st cruise i really want more. so those 2 ports are my only options and from initial research it doesnt seem like driving up to MA from PA is financially worthwhile.

i see there are inside guarantees in december for 1300 out the door from NY but thats probably too soon for even me to get back. though it's tempting. balconys would be about bit over 2000.

so are these the general rock bottom prices? i'm well aware that bermuda costs more as i just was there :) and i dont think id risk a spring break cruise regardless of pricing.

and for the fun of it i did see you people who are down south sure do have a lot more selections , and much cheaper, i'm jealous:D . few hundred bucks for a few nites away from home to get your fix.

i'm not much into flying but after my 1st cruise i really want more. so those 2 ports are my only options and from initial research it doesnt seem like driving up to MA from PA is financially worthwhile.

i see there are inside guarantees in december for 1300 out the door from NY but thats probably too soon for even me to get back. though it's tempting. balconys would be about bit over 2000.

so are these the general rock bottom prices? i'm well aware that bermuda costs more as i just was there :) and i dont think id risk a spring break cruise regardless of pricing.

and for the fun of it i did see you people who are down south sure do have a lot more selections , and much cheaper, i'm jealous:D . few hundred bucks for a few nites away from home to get your fix.

Hi! Would you consider Bahamas out of New York? It is MUCH cheaper than Bermuda. We usually try to do 2 cruises a year, and one of them is usually Breakaway to Bahamas because we can do it sooo cheaply. We usually are on a CAS comp, but we go with other family members who are paying full freight, and are always looking for the most costt effective options. The Bahamas run doesnt have great ports I know - we usually dont even get off ship in Nassau -- but if it is the cruising you love, it is a cost effective way to cruise more often.... If you do late February (before spring breaks start) or late April or early May (after spring breaks are over -- we NEVER cruise during spring breaks...) you can do an inside on the Bahamas run, with the free grats included, for between 600-800 each including port taxes....

I feel the same as you. We cruised for the first time out of Galveston and paid hefty for airfare then realized all the locals from Texas had huge discounts....our next one is set to leave out of NY but I would have driven to Baltimore or Cape Liberty as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depending on season, there are cruises out of NY/NJ from different cruise lines that offer attractive promotions. I subscribed with NCL's email bulletin for offers and I sometimes find rates around $70/ night pp. Mostly to the Caribbean though.

i would consider bahamas. one thing i never researched is at what point do you hit warm air, if ever, when you do december through march cruises out of NY. i dont sit by the pool but i certainly do enjoy a walk around the decks sometime. i tried to get a peek in the inside on deck 14 when i walked past and ive seen pics online. the bathroom seems decent size.

i did research on another line, i think RCl out of balt. and the pics of their insides on their site must have use wide lenses. they look pretty big. i know they cant be. also their price wasnt really cheaper than NCL in december.

i did do a mock booking for december 11, i believe. and NCL was 1300 out the door for inside. its more a fantasy but even after a week i still have the urge lol. i dont know how to stop researching. also i was spoiled by a perfect week. no issues but bad rocking last 2 days.

Right now the best cheap cruise you could take starts on the Gem on 12/4 in San Juan and ends 12/19 in NYC, two cruises of 7 and 8 days each listed for $399 inside, and a one way Jet Blue Newark to San Juan on 12/3 available for $220. You could even fly in the day of the cruise as it does not depart until 9 PM with a 20 minute cab ride from airport to sea port. It is 13 days in the tropics, is 87F in San Juan this morning, 9 ports, and the last two days heading back into the cold. I would have taken said cruise except I am getting on the Gem today to do 14 days, 11 ports, ten of them being 8AM to 5 PM stops. Used a total of 4 Next Cruises on the two 7 day cruises, all in the same cabin, to pay less than $600 each per 7 day cruise including port fees and taxes.

Right now the best cheap cruise you could take starts on the Gem on 12/4 in San Juan and ends 12/19 in NYC, two cruises of 7 and 8 days each listed for $399 inside, and a one way Jet Blue Newark to San Juan on 12/3 available for $220. You could even fly in the day of the cruise as it does not depart until 9 PM with a 20 minute cab ride from airport to sea port. It is 13 days in the tropics, is 87F in San Juan this morning, 9 ports, and the last two days heading back into the cold. I would have taken said cruise except I am getting on the Gem today to do 14 days, 11 ports, ten of them being 8AM to 5 PM stops. Used a total of 4 Next Cruises on the two 7 day cruises, all in the same cabin, to pay less than $600 each per 7 day cruise including port fees and taxes.

Wow!

Good Deal.:)

Bon Voyage

i did wonder to buy future credits when i was on board. but i really didnt know if i would go again in 4 years.

the 500 suite sounded sweet. i'm also very afraid going from my haven spa suite to inside lol. so many strings pulling me.

also discovered something weird. one date in december the BA is under 700 for inside then added a 3rd person and the 3rd person was 799. weird.

If you really arent sure you want to go so soon, research a date for 2017, put your deposit down and you can begin researching what to do on your cruise, watch prices and compare if you are still flexible.

Have fun planning! It always eases the pain of getting off a cruise knowing you have somethig else booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a 14 night on Breakaway 1/31/16 for $1,322.50 balcony guarantee. Excellent cabins on deck 14 near aft elevators. Drove from Pittsburgh and stayed in Lancaster, PA where my sister lives and her husband drove us all to NY the next morning. Missed the big blizzard by a week and returned to -20 wind chill. It was AWESOME and we are watching prices now. Balcony guarantee is $1,199 + tax today. It seems to change almost daily.