RIP - Parmesan basket with fettuccine alfredo in MDR

cruiseesusee

We sail Regal next week. I surely hope that the fettucine alfredo is available with (preferably!) or without the parmesan basket; it was soooo good. It was my go-to meal when nothing on the menu suited. So on our first Princess cruise (b2b) last April, I had it more than once each cruise. I looked forward to the original again:).... until now, when I discovered this thread.:eek:

Bill

I too was on the Oct 8-22 Royal TA in the Allegro dining room, ordered this as my dinner appetizer - no basket. I asked my waiter and both he and his assistant said it had been discontinued. I still ordered it a few more times as I really like it, but would have liked it better with the basket!

Does any one know what they are replacing it with? (I was not a fan of the fettucine,) But I hope it is still available for those who like it.

They are not removing the fettuccine, just the parmesan basket it was served in. I, too hope they don't get rid of the parm basket!

I'll also miss it as it was one of my favorites. My understanding was the cheese basket came only if you ordered the fettuccuine alfredo as an entrée, it wasn't include as an appetizer

That was what our terrific waiter on the Regal told us last month. But being the best waiter we've ever had, he got it on the appetizer portion every time.

I had it many times last month on the Grand as an entree. It's my go to meal when nothing else appeals to me. I hope it doesn't go fleet wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by dtb55

That was what our terrific waiter on the Regal told us last month. But being the best waiter we've ever had, he got it on the appetizer portion every time.

I also always asked for it as an appetizer and got it! :)

Edited by Coral

On our Crown sailing to Hawaii October 5... I ordered the dinner size fettuccini and was told it no longer came with the parmesan basket. Then I asked for cooked shrimp with the fettuccini and was told the kitchen couldn't give me cooked shrimp. I ordered the dinner size fettuccini with 2 shrimp appetizers without sauce. Very frustrating to have to eat cold shrimp over "no longer available parmesan basket" fettuccini. I appears Princess food quality is changing. Even the buffet offerings seemed to me to be less tasty on this cruise.

Edited by Sandy R

I'm a weird one who adores the fettuccini Alfredo on Princess but doesn't care for the parm bowl. I do hope Princess continues it, though, since the majority (including family) love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm with you. Love the Fettuccini Alfredo. I used to break off a few bites of the basket but never eat the whole thing. Usually get the appetizer portion anyway which doesn't come with the parm basket.

On our Crown sailing to Hawaii October 5... I ordered the dinner size fettuccini and was told it no longer came with the parmesan basket. Then I asked for cooked shrimp with the fettuccini and was told the kitchen couldn't give me cooked shrimp. I ordered the dinner size fettuccini with 2 shrimp appetizers without sauce. Very frustrating to have to eat cold shrimp over "no longer available parmesan basket" fettuccini. I appears Princess food quality is changing. Even the buffet offerings seemed to me to be less tasty on this cruise.

This sounds way too much like this:

I most certainly hope the Fettuccine Alfredo will always be available for dinner each evening. The Princess recipe is the best! (I wonder: did they adopt this delicious dish when they acquired Sitmar Cruises? Their Fettuccine Alfredo was equally good!)

I also sailed on Sitmar and loved the pastas. Especially the buttered linguine with meat sauce...yum!

The Princess Alfredo is good but not very authentic?